Chapter Nine

Right Beside You

 

After the call had ended, Sungmin grabbed his keys and headed straight toward his car. He jumped into the driver seat and inserted one of his keys, but suddenly, his phone started to vibrate.

 

"Hello, who is this?" Sungmin answered while trying to insert the right key into the car.

 

"It's your mother, Sungmin." The caller said.

 

Sungmin flustered after hearing his mothers's voice, "Oh, hi mum, how are your trip with dad?"

 

"We're having a great time. We're in London at the moment and we are planning to watch a football match tonight. What about you and the other two troublemakers?" His mother asked.

 

Sungmin gave a smile and said, "That sounds good and we're fine. But why are you calling me at this time?"

 

"Yeah, I forgot to tell you that your cousin, Kyuhyun, is moving in with you guys in two weeks." She finally answered after a long paused.

 

"Really?! But why all of a sudden?" He asked curiously.

 

"It's his dad, he couldn't stand him anymore because he has too much control over his life. So your aunt thought it would best for him to live with people around his age and she asked me if he can live with you guys. She said that you are the most reliable person in the family. I was so proud after hearing that so I said yes." She finally stopped.

 

Sungmin gave a small laugh and said, "Well, if it okay with you then it's okay with me."

 

"But there's a problem." She suddenly announced through the phone.

 

Sungmin raised an eyebrow and slowly asked, "What problem?."

 

She paused again before she said, "I meant to tell you this news two weeks ago."

 

"What?! So this means he will arrive here today?" Sungmin dropped his keys due to the shock by his mother's comment.

 

"Well, he already arrived three hours ago and he's still waiting at the train station for you to pick him up." She said with a low volume.

 

"What?! You should've told me that earlier." He covered his face with one of his hands, because he could not believe what his mother just told him.

 

"Well, I forgot. Anyway, you better hurry up and Kyuhyun back to our home. So drive safely and bye!" Sungmin's mum ended the call immediately.

 

"Hello?" Sungmin sighed and lied back on the seat with a loud thump, "Now I know why Onew is irresponsible."

 

"Better tell Sunny that I'll be late." He murmured and dialed her numbers, but before he could finish, his phone suddenly turned off. "Why does the battery have to end now?" Sungmin dropped his head onto the steering wheel, "Sorry Sunny, I think I'll be late.

 

***

 

"Hyung!" Kyuhyun screamed at Sungmin, "What took you so long?"

 

"Sorry Kyuhyun." Sungmin apologized while scratching his head. "My mum just told me about you moving in with us 15 minutes ago."

 

"But she meant to inform you two weeks ago." Kyuhyun was annoyed by the situation, "Anyway, just help me with my bags."

 

"Well, my mum can be forgetful sometime." Sungmin gave an apologetic smile and went straight to Kyuhyun's bags. He grabbed the bags and hurried back to the car.

 

"Why are you in such a rush?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

"I have to pick up Sunny from the karaoke." Sungmin replied and signaled Kyuhyun to hurry up. As soon as Kyuhyun put his seatbelt on, Sungmin drove off.

 

While driving, Kyuhyun's stomach started to growl. Sungmin laughed when he heard the strange noise, "You seem hungry. I'll cook something when we get home."

 

"Well, you better be good at cooking because I waited for three hours at the station." Kyuhyun said and looked out the window. "It feels great to be back here again."

 

"Yeah, it has been two years since you and your family visit here." Sungmin said, "Uncle used to be so strict and protective of you, he barely let you do anything with us back then."

 

"He's still is." Kyuhyun murmured disappointedly.

 

The boys continued their way to pick Sunny up, but when they arrived at the destination, something caught Sungmin's eyes and his expression started to change. Sungmin immediately jumped out of the car and ran toward what caught his eyes. Kyuhyun also followed him from behind.

 

***

 

After Onew parted way with Taeyeon, he ran back to the karaoke with all his strength. But while running, his phone suddenly rang and vibrated in his pocket.

 

Onew stopped and answered his phone, "Hello?"

 

"Hi Onew, it's Taeyeon." A voice said.

 

"Oh hi Taeyeon," Onew said excitedly, "How may I help you?"

 

"I was wondering if you want to go to the library tomorrow at 12, because I need to catch up with some homework." Taeyeon asked.

 

"What? You mean just the two of us?" Onew stuttered while blushing.

 

"No, I didn’t mean it like that. I was going to ask the others later." She also stuttered and blushed, "I was also wondering if you could ask Sunny too."

 

"Oh, okay. I'll ask her later." He said and felt a little disappointed.

 

"You know you were the first person I called,” and there was long silence from both ends of the call. “Anyway, I got to go. Bye Onew." Taeyeon broke the awkward silence and quickly hang up the phone.

 

After the call had ended, Onew was left holding his phone, stunned. Then he realized what she meant, he couldn't stop blushing and smiling. Later, Onew remembered that he needed to get to Sunny so he began running toward the karaoke again, but still he couldn’t happy expression.

 

But suddenly, Onew dropped his phone on the ground with a loud thump and his expression began to change. His hands rolled into a fist and he ran toward what was happening with full speed.