Chapter One

Right Beside You

 

"Hey wake up! It's time for school." Sunny shouted from outside the door while tying up her hair up.

 

As soon as Onew heard his sister's voice, he shuffled his head under a pillow, trying to block out the noise.

 

"Yah! Lee Jinki! Come out of bed right now!" Sunny demanded and knocked Onew's bedroom door vigorously.

 

Onew continued to ignore Sunny's words and blocked out the noise with his blanket and pillow. But his sister voice and knockings were too strong for his ears and Onew sit up with his messy hair.

 

He shouted back, "Stop knocking on my door! I'll be out there soon! Lee Soonkyu!" He knew that calling her real will shut her up... and pissed her off too.

 

There was finally silent from outside so Onew decided to continue sleeping and cover his head with a blanket.

 

Suddenly, the door opened, without Onew noticing it, Sunny walked in with a bucket fill with cold water. Sunny looked at the sleeping Onew with a grin on her face and poured the bucket of water onto Onew. The cold water shocked Onew and made Onew jumped out of bed gasping for air.

 

"Next time, there'll be two buckets." Sunny smiled at the wet Onew and walked out of his room, while holding the empty bucket.

 

Onew looked at ceiling, while closing his eyes, he screamed, "Lee Soonkyu! I'll get you back for this!"

 

Afterward, he looked back at the entrance of his room and saw Sunny standing there with the empty bucket in her right hand. 'Oh crap' He looked at the empty bucket flying toward him.

 

***

 

Onew walked into the kitchen with an ice bag over his forehead and sat at the table waiting for his breakfast.

 

Sungmin walked over to Onew's seat and placed a plate filled with eggs, bacons and toasts. Sungmin saw Onew's injury and bursted out laughing.

 

"Did Sunny pour water on you?" Sumgmin continued with his laughing.

 

Onew glared at his big brother and then dived into his plate.

 

Sunny walked into the kitchen and saw her plate on Sungmin's hand, she immediately ran toward the plate. She dug down her plate like she hadn't eaten in days.

 

"For a girl, you eat like a pig." Onew commented and handed his empty plate to his big brother.

 

Sunny ignored Onew and finished her plate. She walked over to the sink and put her dirty plate in it. She looked at Sungmin and smiled, "Thank you for the lovely breakfast oppa." Sungmin smiled back at his sister.

 

Onew and Sunny grabbed their bags and waved their goodbye to Sungmin. They walked out the house and began arguing about what happened this morning.

 

***

 

Sunny and Onew walked into their classroom and they were greeted by their friends with happy expressions, because they haven't seen each other in ages.

 

"Jonghyun! Lee Joon! Changmin!" Onew shouted and high five each of his friends.

 

"I miss you girls so much. Jessica! Seohyun! Sooyoung! Tiffany!" Sunny screamed in joy and the group of girls hugged each other.

 

Jonghyun looked over at the party of girls and saw them hugging. He decided to join in too. "I miss you girls too." He ran over with his arms open, ready to embrace the girls.

 

Before he got over to the girls, a foot flew into his stomach like a bullet. Jonghyun fell down and started rolling on the floor in pain.

 

Jessica looked down at the boy and said, "Don't even think about it, Playboy." The girls walked back to their seats and talked about their holidays.

 

The group of boys helped Jonghyun up from the floor and he whispered to himself, "Spicy. I like it."

 

The door suddenly opened and their home room teacher walked in holding a huge folder. Everyone immediately ran back to their seats and remained silent.

 

"Good morning students. I hope you all had a great holiday." Miss Park said while looking at her students.

 

"Good morning, Miss Park." the class said in unison.

 

"Look like your B's have turn into C's over the holiday." Jonghyun suddenly shouted across the class.

 

Every boy in the classroom bursted out in laughter and every girl looked at Jonghyun in disgust.

 

"Thank you for your comment Jonghyun. I think I should reward you with a detention on your first day back. What do you think?" Miss Park said and shut Jonghyun up.

 

"Okay class, today's morning I would like to introduce a new student" Miss Park announced.

 

A girl with a small figure walked in with her head down. The whole class was curious to see the girl's face so everyone tried to move their heads around to take a glimpse of her face. Miss Park gesture her hand to the girl, telling her to introduce herself.

 

Then she looked up showing her face to the whole class and everyone was in shocked. Some boys were blushing, some were bleeding from nose and some were paralysed by her looks.

 

"Yes! Finally, a cute girl in the class." Jonghyun stood up on his seat and shouted. Every girl turned their heads and glared at Jonhyun.

 

Onew, who was sitting next to Jonhyun, was just staring at the new girl without blinking.

 

"Good morning classmates! My name is Kim Taeyeon!" The girl introduced herself.

 

Onew began to blush because of her beautiful voice.

 

"Kim Jonghyun! Please sit down now!" Miss Park shouted and Jonghyun quickly obeyed.

 

"Taeyeon, you can take seat over…", Miss Kim looked around the class for an empty seat, "There next to Sunny."

 

Taeyeon obediently obeyed Miss Park's offer and walked toward her new seat. Sunny greeted her by shaking her hand and Sunny introduced herself. Onew also wanted to introduce himself so he reached over his table, which is behind Sunny's table, to give her a handshake.

 

"Hi there, I'm Onew. Nice to mee-" Before he could finish his sentence he fell off the table and landed on his face.

 

The whole class started laughing at Onew's clumsiness. Onew sat up and covered his face that landed on the floor.

 

"Are you okay?" Sunny and Taeyeon asked and gave their hands to him.

 

Onew looked at the two girls, one from another. Onew reached out for Taeyeon's hand instead and she pulled Onew up. Sunny withdrew her hand after being rejected and returned to face the front.

 

"Hi I'm Onew." He said and he did his eyes smile.

 

"Hi I'm Taeyeon." She smiled back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

' means it only happen in the character's mind.

Enjoy (^_^)