Chapter Six

Right Beside You

 

The weekends had finally ended and everyone was very nervous for their first test of the year. Most of the students were rushing through their textbook to get some extra revisions.

 

Jonghyun was getting some extra notes into his brain but he was interrupted by Jessica. "Are you ready for the te- I mean. Are you ready to shave your head, Dino-head?" Jessica slammed her hand onto his textbook.

 

"Go away Jessica, I don't want to argue with you today." Jonghyun calmly said and removed Jessica's hand from his textbook.

 

Jessica was shocked when Jonghyun didn't get angry at her for the first time. Jessica decided to returned to her desk and prepare for the Maths test too.

 

On the other side, Taeyeon turned around to face Onew who was also studying quietly.

 

"Hwaiting!" Taeyeon whispered cutely to Onew.

 

Onew saw what Taeyeon did and he blushed a bit. "Hwaiting!" Onew whispered back to her with a smile.

 

Sunny looked at the two whispering encouragement to each other and she felt a little jealous. She pouted and whispered to herself, "Hwaiting!"

 

The door suddenly opened and Miss Park walked in holding a pile of the tests. She slammed the tests down onto her desk, intimidating all her students.

 

"I hope you all study for the test today." She smiled evilly.

 

"What an evil witch." Jonghyun mumbled under his breath.

 

Onew just gave a small laugh to his friend.

 

"Please take everything off the table except for your stationary and keep quiet during the testing period." Miss Park addressed the whole class. She then walked to every desk and handed out the tests to every student.

 

Miss Park walked back to her desk and announced, "You may begin now."

 

Everyone open their tests and quickly read through it. The room became quiet and no voices could be heard, except the sound of flipping papers and pencils connecting with the papers.

 

-One hour later-

 

Miss Park checked her watch and announced, "Please put down your pens and pencils." She then walked around the room and collected the tests from every table.

 

"I'll give back your test results tomorrow" Miss Park said and dismissed the class. She walked out of the room carrying the large pile of test sheets in her hands.

 

"Hey, Let's go to the karaoke." Lee Joon suddenly appeared in front of Onew, Jonghyun, Taeyeon and Sunny.

 

"Yeah! Party time!" Jonghyun shouted in excitement and hugged Onew, “Let’s go Onew.”

 

"Enjoy everything today because today will be your last day with hair." Jessica came from behind and stuck out her tongue.

 

"No. You should be the one preparing for our date next week." Jonghyun stuck out his tongue back at Jessica.

 

"What about you guys?" Lee Joon asked the other three who hadn't answered, ignoring the other two.

 

"I'll come. I’ve been studying all day yesterday so I'll need some refreshment." Sunny smiled and stretched her arms. She then turned to grab Taeyeon's arm, "You should come too, Taeyeon."

 

"Okay, I'll come." Taeyeon smiled.

 

"I'll come too." Onew shouted right after hearing Taeyeon was going. Taeyeon just smiled at his behaviour.

 

Lee Joon smiled and walked off to invite the rest of their friends.

 

***

 

The gang arrived at the karaoke fully dressed in their casual clothes. They walked into their room and began to pick songs for them to sing. First up was Lee Joon and he picked Mona Lisa by Mblaq. During the song he started to reveal some of his pecs which made the girls screamed, especially Tiffany, but the other boys were annoyed by his actions so they tried to stop Lee Joon from going any further.

 

"Onew, let's have a duet together." Jessica grabbed the mic off Lee Joon and handed the mic to Onew. He accepted the invitation with a smile. They picked a song called One Year Later and they started singing the song. Jonghyun got jealous watching the two singing and looking into each other eyes.

 

"Okay, next song!" Jonghyun jumped up from his seat and grabbed Onew's mic right after the song ended. Jonghyun clicked the number of his song and it was Obsession. He belted every notes of the song and Jessica was amazed by his singing voice.

 

"Let's sing in a group this time." Sunny suggested and grabbed all the girls' wrists toward the TV screen. They decided to perform Gee and the boys were excited to see them perform. At the start, Tiffany and Jessica sang the first part in English, which made Jonghyun and Lee Joon blushed. Sooyoung and Seohyun sang the next lines and Changmin couldn't take his eyes off Sooyoung. Then the remaining lines belong to Taeyeon and Sunny and they sang the lines perfectly. Onew watched both girls singing their parts and he blushed at the two cute girls. The performance ended and the boys shouted for more. This time, the girls chose to sing The Boys and they showed a y performance. Onew, Jonghyun, Lee Joon and Changmin were all caught off guard by the performance and their noses started to bleed.

 

"It's our turn now." Changmin announced while wiping the blood from his nose.

 

The guys decided their first song will be Sorry Sorry and the girls clapped in excitement. During the dance break, all the boys did funny dances and caused the girls to fell down in laughter. The girls were all excited after the performance so they cheered for another song from the guys. Jonghyun suggested to sing Bubble Pop and the boys agreed. They sang the whole song and nearly made the girls die in laughter. The time was getting late and the gang decided to all go home.

 

***

 

After their session at the karaoke, Seohyun was the first to leave. She called her parents to pick her up and when they arrived, Seohyun waved goodbye to her friends and went home.

 

"Bye guys, I really enjoyed tonight karaoke." Tiffany waved at her friends and began to walk home right after Seohyun's departure.

 

Lee Joon ran after Tiffany knowing it wasn't for safe for a girl to walk home by herself at night. "Wait Tiffany." Lee Joon caught up with Tiffany and suggested, "It's not safe to home by yourself so can I walk you home?" Tiffany just smiled at Lee Joon, as an answer, and they walked home together.

 

Changmin tried to do the same thing like Lee Joon and asked if he could walk Sooyoung home. "Sooyoung, I think it would be safer for you if I was to walk you home too."

 

Sooyoung just nodded and tried to hide her cheeks, which was blushing. They began walking home in a different direction.

 

Onew looked toward Taeyeon and asked the same thing. "Can I walk you home? It's pretty dark right now so it wouldn't be safe for you too."

 

Sunny was disappointed that Onew wanted to walk Taeyeon home.

 

Taeyeon was about to say yes but then she saw Sunny, "What about Sunny? You should walk her since she is your sister."

 

"Don't worry about me. I'll call Sungmin oppa to come and pick me up." Sunny quickly answered and smiled at Taeyeon. Onew felt guilty for forgetting about Sunny and asked her come along with them but she refused. So Onew and Taeyeon walked home together.

 

"Okay then, I'll take my leave too." Jonghyun said while putting his arms behind his head and gave out a big yawn.

 

"You should take Jessica home." Sunny suggested.

 

"What?! No!" Jessica and Jonghyun said in unison.

 

"She's like a tiger. She can protect herself." Jonghyun added.

 

"He's right, I can protect myself." Jessica agreed with Jonghyun.

 

Sunny glared at the pair, which made the pair flinched. "Fine." They said and they walked home together. Sunny sighed when everyone left. "Maybe I should get an ice cream before I go home." Then she walked off to the nearest convenience store alone.