Chapter Three

Right Beside You

 

After a while, Onew and Taeyeon finally reached the others at the front gate, who have been waiting for them patiently, except for Jonghyun.

 

"What took you guy so long?" Jonghyun blurted out with a pissed expression.

 

"Shut up, your voice is very irritating." Jessica slapped Jonghyun's chest and walked away.

 

"Yah! Your voice is the most irritating." Jonghyun tried to follow her and start an argument but he was held back by Changmin and Lee Joon.

 

"It's not my fault that we're late, Onew fell down and hurt himself when we were on our way." Taeyeon looked at Onew and smiled.

 

"Looks like it's Onew condition again." Tiffany laughed and grabbed Taeyeon by the wrist. She led her toward the cafe nearby.

 

Everyone else followed them except for Sunny who was touching her ankle and she felt a little pain from it. Onew noticed his sister was missing and looked back to see Sunny rubbing her ankle.

 

"What happened to your ankle?" Onew asked who was now in front of Sunny, looking at her.

 

"I don't know. I think I twisted my ankle when I fell down before."  Sunny said and felt another pain coming from her ankle.

 

"I think you got my condition." Onew laughed and gave her a hand, "I will help you walk to the cafe."

 

Onew helped Sunny up and helped her walked to the cafe, but after a while the two felt uncomfortable walking that way. So Onew decided to bob down and signalled Sunny to climb onto his back for a piggyback ride.

 

"What are you doing?" Sunny asked still didn't understand Onew's signal.

 

"I'll carry you to the cafe." Onew said, signalling Sunny to climb on again.

 

"I-I-I think I can walk now." Sunny was shy to climb onto Onew's back.

 

"Just climb on already." Onew was getting impatient.

 

Sunny obeyed to Onew's command and climbed onto his back, Sunny began to blush due to the body contact. Onew stood up and walked toward their friends. While Sunny was on Onew's back he felt something soft on his back and he realised they were her s, he tried to ignored it and continue walking. Suddenly, Onew remembered what Jonghyun asked this morning, about Sunny's melons. Onew began a conflict in his mind on whether he should ask her about them and finally, he decided to...

 

"Sunny, what did you do in the holiday?" Onew began the interrogation.

 

"What are you talking about? We stayed home throughout the holiday with Sungmin oppa." Sunny replied with a little confusion.

 

"I know but how come they're so big now, compare to last year. Did you do any special exercises during the holiday?" Onew continued to ask about her melons.

 

Sunny scratched her head and tried to think what Onew was talking about. Sunny looked at her chest and suddenly realised what Onew was talking about.

 

"Yah! Lee Jinki! You're a ert!" Sunny screamed and smacked Onew's head.

 

"Don't hit me! We'll fall down! And it wasn't my question, it was Jonghyun who wanted to know!" Onew retorted and tried to dodge Sunny's vicious hits.

 

Everyone was walking toward the café but they noticed something was going behind so they turned around and saw Onew and Sunny fighting. They just stood there and laughed at the two. Taeyeon looked at the two and felt a little jealous.

 

***

 

The group finally arrived at the cafe and they all sat at the back corner of the cafe. The girls were sitting on the right and the boys were sitting on the left. Sunny was glaring at Onew for what happened earlier and Onew was avoiding her gaze. Jonghyun was arguing with Jessica, but she was ignoring him. The rest of the group was talking among themselves ignoring the two pairs.

 

"I heard you went to Paris during the holiday. How was it?" Lee Joon looked at Tiffany while drinking his juice.

 

"It was beautiful over there, but it was kind of lonely. Why do you ask? Do you want to go with me next time? Tiffany said and did an eye smile.

 

Lee Joon got a shocked from Tiffany's reply and choked on his drink. He began to blush and turned away to hide his red cheeks.

 

On the other side, Changmin and Sooyoung were talking about a performance of a Kpop band.

 

"Last night on Music Bank, he couldn't remember the dance move and he stuffed up the whole choreography. If it was me, I could have done it with my eyes close." Sooyoung laughed and continued eating her cheesecake.

 

"Yeah, I know. You are our best dancer and a very beautiful one too." Changmin smiled and reached over to her seat and wiped off some leftover cake bits on her cheek with his hand.

 

"Yah!" Sooyoung yelled at Changmin and her cheeks turned red.

 

Taeyeon looked at Onew and Sunny wondering what their relationship. She turned to Seohyun who was next to her and whispered, "Are Onew and Sunny in a relationship?"

 

Seohyun was drinking her soda and she choked on her drink. She looked at Taeyeon and laughed out loud.

 

"No, they are brother and sister. And they are too young for a relationship" Seohyun replied to Taeyeon in a low voice.

 

Taeyeon smiled brightly after hearing that Onew and Sunny weren't in a relationship, but she was also shocked that they were siblings.

 

"But they're not related though." Seohyun added.

 

"Not related? Did their parents get remarried?" Taeyeon asked curiously.

 

"No, Sunny was adopted by the Lee family when she was a little girl" Seohyun said and took a big sip from her drink.

 

'So they are not brother and sister.' Taeyeon turned back to look at Onew and Sunny.