Chapter Ten

Right Beside You

 

"GET THE AWAY FROM HER." A voice came from behind the three men. Although, Sunny couldn't see what was in front of her, but she definitely recognized that voice. After their attention had shifted toward the sound of the voice, she tried to get out of the three men's grasps. But the two men side by side her covering and holding her arms were too strong.

 

'Onew... Please save me.' Tears started running down her cheeks, as she struggled to get out of the two men's grips.

 

"What the do you want, kid?" the man in the middle sounded annoyed.

 

"You heard what I said, let go off her!" Onew yelled.

 

"Man, this kid is being too loud," the man said, scratching his ear, and signalled one of the man beside Sunny to take care of Onew.

 

After one of the men had left, she could see a clear view of Onew standing bravely in front of her. Sunny tried to scream for help, but the man was holding a tight grip around and body.

 

Onew saw the incoming man and decided to charge at the man too. He threw a right jab toward the man's stomach, but he swiftly dodged the attack and in return, the man knee Onew in the stomach. Onew immediately fell to his knees and grabbed his stomach in pain.

 

Finally, the middle man walked up toward Onew and kicked him straight at his chest. Onew fell back flat on his back and coughed due to the pain.

 

"Where are all your tough talks now, kid?" The man laughed and continued to kick Onew repeatedly. The other man who kneed him followed along.

 

Sunny saw what was happening so she used all her strengths to get out of the man holding her. But she could only get out of the man's hand around .

 

"Please stop! Please stop!" Sunny repeated as tears fell down her cheeks.

 

"Can you shut that b*tch up!" The man shouted at his friend. He looked at Onew and kicked him for the last time. The man return to face Sunny and caress her face, "I'll take my time with this beautiful."

 

"No! I told you to get the away from her!" Onew screamed through the pain.

 

"Keep him quiet, will you?" The man instructed his friend and returned to caress Sunny's body.

 

The man beside Onew followed his friend's instruction and picked Onew to cover his mouth, but Onew saw an opportunity. He used all his strength to push the man attacking him away and ran toward the man, who was violating his sister. He threw a right punch at the man's jaw with all his remaining strength.

 

The man fell down immediately after the blow and he cried in pain. But he didn't last long on the ground; he stood up straight after and charged at Onew with an angry expression.

"You're going to pay for this!" The man said angrily and grabbed Onew by the neck.

 

Onew looked at the man, amused by his angry expression and spat at him.

 

The man became even more furious, because of Onew's action, so he started beating him repeatedly.

 

Suddenly, the man was grabbed by the collar by someone and Onew and Sunny knew exactly who the person was.

 

"You dare touch my siblings again," Sungmin glared at the man, "I'll kill you."

 

The other man who was pushed by Onew ran to his friend's aid, but before he could reach him, he was head locked by Kyuhyun.

 

"Where do you think you're going?" Kyuhyun joked.

 

"Two more kids? I'll beat the crap out of all of you!" The man knocked Sungmin's grips away and threw a punch toward his stomach.

 

But Sungmin was able to dodge it easily, thanks to all the trainings he received from martial arts classes when he was young. Sungmin saw the opportunity; he grabbed the man's arm and threw him over his shoulder. The man landed flat on his back and coughed in pain after the fall.

 

The other man, who was holding Sunny, released her and charged toward Sungmin. The man threw his punches from left to right multiple times, but Sungmin was able to dodge all of them. Sungmin rotated himself and did a high kick toward the man's jaw. The impact was so strong the man flew high in the air and landed on top of the other man.

 

"Well, I guessed it's your turn." Kyuhyun smiled and rammed his knee at the man he was holding. After multiple knee kicks, he grabbed the man and threw him toward the pile of bodies.

 

All the three men moaned in pain after the beatings from Sungmin and Kyuhyun, but they quickly stood up and ran away.

 

"Hey, we're not finished with you guys!" Kyuhyun tried to chase after them but he was stopped by Sungmin.

 

"Leave them. You go check on Onew and I'll go check on Sunny." He instructed and walked over to Sunny, who was crying and shivering with fear.

 

"Sorry, I'm late." Sungmin apologized and took off his jacket and wrapped around Sunny.

 

"Sungmin oppa." She cried and hugged her older brother in relief.

 

"It's okay now. I'm here." He said and patted Sunny back.

 

After a while, Sunny remembered about Onew and asked, "Onew, where is he? Is he okay?"

 

Kyuhyun followed Sungmin's instruction and walked over to Onew. He bopped down beside Onew and asked, "Onew, can you hear?"

 

After all the beatings, all he could hear were buzzing noises and all he could see were blurriness. When he saw a blurry figure in front of him, Onew thought the figure was one of three men before and so he lashed out a punch straight at the figure's face.

 

Kyuhyun was caught off guard by the punch and he caught a full blow with his nose. He started rolling on the ground and crying in pain.