Chapter Four

Right Beside You

 

Two weeks later...

 

"Next week on Monday there will be a Maths test, so I recommend you study on the weekend and be prepare!" Miss Park announced to the whole class, which made everyone in room sigh. She walked out the room, but before she left, she turned around and smiled, "And I hope you all have a good weekend."

 

"What a witch." Jonghyun growled and dropped his head on the table.

 

"Don't worry Jonghyun, come to my house tomorrow and I'll help you with Maths." Onew smiled at his friend and Jonghyun shook Onew's viciously to show his appreciation.

 

"Onew, don't bother helping him. It will only be a waste of your time." Jessica came over from the other side and stuck her tongue out at Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun tried to stand up and argue with her, but Onew was quick enough to hold him down.

 

"Sunny, are you busy tomorrow? I want to come over study together for the test." Jessica walked over to Sunny's table.

 

"Yeah, I'm not busy. You can come over if you want." Sunny smiled back and turned to Taeyeon, who was packing her stuff, "Taeyeon, why don't you come over too. You seem to know most of this stuff maybe you can come and help us."

 

"Okay, I'll come over." Taeyeon smiled at Sunny.

 

Onew, who was behind them, listened to their conversation and he was thrilled when he heard that Taeyeon was coming over tomorrow.

 

"If she’s coming over then I'm not going!" Jonghyun shouted when he heard that Jessica was going to Onew's house.

 

"What's wrong Jonghyun, are you scared of me?" Jessica grinned, obviously trying to piss Jonghyun up.

 

"What?! I'm not scared of you!" Jonghyun jumped up from his seat and thought of an idea. "Why don't we have a bet?"

 

"A bet? What kind of bet?" She was curious about the bet.

 

"Whoever has a better on the test next week will win. If I win," Jonghyun scratched his head trying to think what to do when he wins and then he smiled cheekily, "You'll have to go out with me."

 

Jessica stunned at Jonghyun's proposal of the bet, but she refused to lose and agreed with confident, "Okay and if I win, you'll have to shave your head."

 

Jonghyun was also shocked but he quickly agreed and the two shook hands. The other three just feel excited on what going happened next week.

***

 

Onew quickly woke up when his alarm went off, which he set at 7:00am the night before, excited for Taeyeon's arrival. Onew ran into bathroom to brush his teeth and he ran back to his room to get dress. Sunny suddenly came out of her room wondering why there were so much noise in the morning. She was surprised when she saw Onew awake so early in the morning.

 

"Why are you up so early?" Sunny yawned while wearing her pyjama.

 

Onew ignored her and ran off to the kitchen to make breakfast. Sunny followed Onew to the kitchen in a sleepy state.

 

"Can you make breakfast for me too?" Sunny yawned again.

 

"No." Onew replied with a simple answer.

 

"Please. Please. Please." Sunny assaulted Onew with her aegyo because she was too tired to start an argument.

 

"Your aegyo doesn't work on me." Onew continued ignore Sunny.

 

Sunny was persistent so she continued with her aegyo but this time decided to hugged him from behind.

 

"Yah! Lee Soonkyu! Let go of me." Onew tried to get out of Sunny's hug.

 

After a while, Sunny realised how close her body was against Onew and her face began to blush. She quickly ran to the restroom and splashed some water onto her face. 'Why are you Sunny?'

 

***

 

In the afternoon, Jessica, Jonghyun and Taeyeon arrived at Onew and Sunny house and they began their studying for their upcoming Maths test.

 

"Where's Sungmin oppa?" Jessica was the first to speak.

 

"He's at a camping trip with his friends, so he won't be home till tomorrow." Sunny replied.

 

"You have another brother?" Taeyeon curiously asked.

 

"Yeah, he is the oldest in the family and he is the one who takes care of us." Onew smiled at Taeyeon.

 

After their little conversation, they returned to their studying.

 

"Ahh! I don't get! It's too hard!" Jonghyun roared in confusion after five minutes back into the studying.

 

"You are really useless Kim Jonghyun." Jessica laughed at the clueless Jonghyun.

 

"Shut up Jung Sooyeon." Jonghyun retorted back and threw a pen at her.

 

The two stood up and started a fight and the other three just decided to continue studying ignoring the other two.

 

Onew looked at Taeyeon's book and realised that she did something wrong with her formulae. "You did this wrong, it's meant to be a negative." Onew pointed on her book.

 

Taeyeon smiled at Onew, which made him blushed, and fixed her mistake. Sunny looked at Onew and Taeyeon and she felt a little sting in her chest. So she went to the kitchen to get a drink of water. Sunny then hit her head lightly, 'What is wrong with you today Sunny?'