Chapter Two

Right Beside You

 

The two stared at each other without moving. Suddenly, Jonghyun jumped out from behind Onew and introduce himself to Taeyeon.

 

"Hi and I'm the bling bling Jonghyun, nice to meet you." He smiled and reached his hand out for a handshake.

 

Taeyeon was about to reach for his hand but it was stopped by Sunny.

 

"Ignore him. He's a player in this school, you should avoid this kind of person the most." Sunny smiled.

 

"Okay class, save the greetings for the end of the period. Now, take out your Maths book and look at the examples in chapter one." Miss Park ordered.

 

Onew and Jonghyun returned to their seats and took out their books. Sunny and Taeyeon turn around toward Miss Park and listen to her teaching.

 

"Hey Onew, can I ask you a question?" Jonghyun suddenly whispered to Onew.

 

"Yeah, go on." Onew said while concentrating on his Maths equation.

 

"Did Sunny do anything over the holiday, because they looked bigger than last year?"

 

"They? What do you mean?" Onew was clueless at Jonghyun's question then Jonghyun pointed his finger at Sunny's chest area.

 

"What?!" Onew basically shouted across the room. All the students looked at Onew and he bowed to apologise the class.

 

"So what did she do in the holiday?" Jonghyun continued to ask about Sunny's melons.

 

"I don't concentrate about those things," Onew said, "She’s my sister."

 

"But she is not your real sister though." Jonghyun retorted.

 

Onew ignored his friend next to him and continued on his Maths works. Then the school bell went and everyone packed up their books and headed out for recess.

 

***

 

During recess everyone in the class left and only Sunny's group and Onew's group stayed back to talk to the new girl, Taeyeon. Everyone introduced themselves and everyone was having fun joking around, except for Onew who had been staring at Taeyeon since the beginning of the conversation.

 

"Why are you keep staring at Taeyeon?" Lee Joon noticed Onew was staring at Taeyeon and joked, "Do you like her?"

 

"What?! Of course not!" Onew regained his senses and looked at Lee Joon.

 

"You making it too obvious Onew" Lee Joon warned his friend who had returned back to his staring mode.

 

While the group was talking among them, the door opened and Taemin, who was Sunny and Onew’s cousin, ran into the room greeting everyone in his sight. Everyone in the room introduced Taeyeon to Taemin and he was stunned by gorgeous face.

 

"You are very beautiful, Taeyeon noona." Taemin complimented.

 

"Yah! Don't say that! It's disrespectful!" Onew yelled at Taemin and he bowed to apologise to Taeyeon and took his leave. While everyone else in the group were looking at Onew with confused and stunned looks. Then everyone in the room started laughing at Onew.

 

"Look like someone is jeal-" Before Jonghyun could finish Onew used his hand to block his mouth.

 

Onew turned around and saw Taeyeon covering , giggling at Onew's action. The expression made Onew blushed and he felt something moving in his hand, which was still holding onto Jonghyun mouth. Jonghyun was laughing hard at his blushing hyung.

 

***

 

School finally ended and everyone decided to go to the nearby cafe. They invited Taeyeon along to welcome her first day at school. Taeyeon told everyone to wait for her at front because she was taking down some extra notes from front board. Everyone left the room but Onew stayed back with her and pretended to take some notes.

 

"Why are you still here?" Taeyeon asked noticing Onew who was still sitting behind her.

 

"I-I-I am taking down some notes just like you" Onew answer while stuttering.

 

Taeyeon took a look at Onew notes.

 

"What do chickens got to do with chemistry?" She smiled at the chicken drawings.

 

Onew quickly moved his arms to cover his notebook. "Well, chickens and chemistry are..." Onew scratched his head and tried to dig out an answer to Taeyeon's question.

 

Taeyeon just laughed at Onew, which made him blushed again.

 

"Let's go, they are waiting for us outside" Taeyeon said and smiled, "and next time, you don't have to wait for me."

 

'Crap, I hope she doesn't think I'm a ert.' Onew couldn't say anything to Taeyeon afterward so he just forced out a smile.

 

Onew and Taeyeon left their classroom and while Onew was walking along the hallway, he tripped on his foot and landed on his chest. Taeyeon quickly went to Onew and gave him her hands to pull him up. Onew stood up and wiped off the dust on him.

 

"You are a very clumsy person Onew." Taeyeon gave a small laugh.

 

"I know because it's my condition." Onew smiled and put one of his hands behind his head.

 

"You have a condition? What kind of condition?" Taeyeon asked curiously and stared at Onew, which made him looked to a different direction and blushed… again.

 

"It's not a medical condition, it's more like a habit of mine." Onew turned and their eyes met. Onew froze for a bit until he continued on explaining on his clumsy condition.

 

"I tend to fall down a lot and one day, Sunny started calling my clumsiness Onew Condition. Then everyone started calling me Onew Condition whenever I do some clumsy stuff. It's one of kind condition." Onew smiled proudly.

 

Taeyeon just laughed out loud after listening to his explanation.