Chapter Seven

Right Beside You

 

On the way to Tiffany's house, Lee Joon walked alongside Tiffany with his hands in his pockets feeling a lot of pressure being right next to her. On the other hand, Tiffany walked happily after having a great time at the karaoke with her friends. Lee Joon tried to start a conversation first but when he saw Tiffany's face, his heart started to beat rapidly and nothing came out of his mouth.

 

Tiffany noticed Lee Joon was looking at her and wondered why he was looking at her. "Is there something on my face?" She asked and moved her hand around her face to check if there was something on her face.

 

When her fingers reached her lips, Lee Joon stared at the cherry like lips and his face became red like a tomato. "N-no. N-nothing is on your face." He stuttered and took a big gulp afterward. He then looked away avoiding Tiffany's seductive lips.

 

They continued to walk along the foot paths and no sounds were made by two. Tiffany realised the awkward silence and tried to begin a conversation. "You have a very good voice back at karaoke," she complimented, "and a nice body too."

 

The last part caught Lee Joon by surprise and 'the words 'nice body' kept repeating in his mind, which made him blushed again. Lee Joon tried to compliment her back but he couldn't think of anything to say. So he smiled and simply replied back, "You too."

 

"Excuse me?" Tiffany stopped walking and looked at Lee Joon with a shocked expression.

 

Lee Joon then realised what he just said and he was shocked too. "Tiffany, I didn't mean it that way. I didn't mean that you have a good body too... No. I mean your body can be compared to a model... No no no. I mean I mean..." Lee Joon tried to explain himself to Tiffany but he couldn't find the right words. He scratched his head furiously trying to think of something say.

 

Tiffany just stood in front him and laughed with her hands over month. "I think you caught Onew's condition." She joked and continued to laugh at messy haired Lee Joon.

 

Lee Joon just gave her a small smile and the two continued walking.

 

Finally, the two arrived at Tiffany's house and they stood in front of the house preparing to say their farewell. Lee Joon said his goodbye first and apologised for what he said earlier. Tiffany gave a big smile after hearing his apology. Then Lee Joon began to turn around walked back, but Tiffany stopped him and made him to face her. The two looked into each other eyes, but Lee Joon was a bit confused at what was happening.

 

Tiffany took a step forward and whispered softly to his right ear, "Let's go out next time." Lee Joon took a big gulp again, "Just between the two of us."

 

"I've also noticed before that you've been starring at my lips." Tiffany finished and blew some air across his right ear. Then she turned around and ran into house leaving Lee Joon behind. Lee Joon's went completely red afterward and he couldn't move a muscle, he was completely frozen on the spot.

 

***

 

After walking for a couple of minutes, Changmin and Sooyoung decided to sit down on a bench because they were tired from all the dancing back at the karaoke. Conveniently, there was a snack machine next to the bench where Changmin and Sooyoung were sitting. Sooyoung immediately jumped toward the machine and stared at the variety of snacks.

 

"I'm hungry... Changmin can you lend me some coins?" Sooyoung turned to face Changmin and did a puppy dog face, "I'll repay you back at school tomorrow."

 

"You are really a shikshin." Changmin smiled at the puppy dog girl and grabbed some coins from his pocket. He handed the coins to Sooyoung.

 

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." Sooyoung said happily. Then she immediately turned to face the snack machine and inserted the coins. She pressed in the codes and a package of chips came out of the machine. She returned to the bench and sat beside Changmin. "Want some?" She asked while opening the package.

 

"No thanks." Changmin replied and laughed at girl, who was eating the package of chips happily. "You eat like pig, but your body is like of a model. How do you it?" He joked.

 

"I don't know." Sooyoung said after thinking for a while and then she returned diving into her package of chips.

 

Changmin stared at Sooyoung while she was eating and noticed that there was a small piece of chip stuck on the corner of her lips. He hesitated on whether he should wipe it off for her or tell her about it. After staring at Sooyoung's lips for a while, his face began to turn red.

 

"What are you looking at?" Sooyoung noticed Changmin was staring at her.

 

The question caught Changmin by surprise, which made his face goes even redder. "N-nothing," He stuttered and pointed at the piece of chip stuck on the corner of her lips, "T-there's just something on your face.

 

"Really?" Sooyoung checked her face and found the piece of chip. "Thanks." She smiled and ate the piece of chip on her cheek.

 

"Can I ask you a question, Sooyoung?" Changmin suddenly asked and Sooyoung just nodded. "What do you like better, me or food?"

 

This time, Changmin's question caught her by surprise, which made her dropped the package of chips. Everything became silent around the two. Changmin waited patiently for her answer while looking at her.

 

Sooyoung tried to laugh the question off, but it was cut off by Changmin, "Answer me, Sooyoung."

 

"Well... You need food to live," Sooyoung answered, but the answer made Changmin disappointed. "But I also like Changmin too," She said quietly while bending down to pick up her package of chips, "Oh, It's empty."

 

Changmin heard what she said and his disappointment disappeared. He looked at Sooyoung and smiled brightly, "So you like me as much as you like food?" The question made Sooyoung's face turned red like a tomato.

 

“I-I don't know what you're talking about," She quickly denied and jumped off the bench, "Let's get back to walking. It's getting pretty late." She walked away from Changmin and living him sitting on bench.

 

"I heard what you said!" Changmin stood up from the bench and shouted. "And one day, I'll make you like me more than food!"

 

Sooyoung stopped walking after hearing what Changmin just said and wondered if that was a confession. The thought of Changmin confessing, made her face even redder. Then she snapped out of her thoughts and turned around to look at Changmin. "In your dream!" She shouted back and stuck out her tongue at him. Afterward, she started to run away from him.

 

"Yah! Choi Sooyoung! Wait!" Changmin shouted again and ran after Sooyoung.