sleep you say

Forever yours

 

A week after Chanyeol had finally been discharged from that -as he would describe it- disgustingly quiet place, he found himself back in school and being surrounded by classmates who never showed any type of interested in him, but were now suddenly worried.

 

 

It made him want to laugh more than anything, but that would be considered as rude, so he restrained himself and remained as poker faced as he could while telling everyone he was “fine!”.

 

 

The only thing he found funnier than the sudden worry of his classmates -and some other random people- was the permanent picture of Jongin he had kept. He was sure he wasn’t the only one who found it funny, but still thought he must’ve been the only one who still remembered it.

 

 

It was priceless. Jongin’s face as he stubbornly tasted the supposedly tasty looking chicken Chanyeol had left in his plate. 

 

 

For instants, his face went completely blank, but no more than 5 seconds later, when his big teeth had given some harsh bites at the rubber like chicken, he immediately ran to the kitchen, flailing his arms around to create extra drama -just like he always does- and spat everything out on the toilet. 

 

 

Chanyeol could’ve sworn he had never laughed so much in his life, and if it weren’t for the sudden headache that appeared he would’ve laughed way more. 

 

 

It really was priceless. Even his face as he came out of the bathroom still managed to bring Chanyeol to tears as he silently laughed to himself. Priceless. 

 

 

But other than that, his staying at the hospital was as boring as a visit to a history museum when you really don’t like history in the least. Nothing happened. Baekhyun visited him everyday, something accompanied by Jongin and Kyungsoo, sometimes alone.

 

 

That was about it. But he was thankful he was able to be released only after 2 weeks of having to lye there in his bedroom without anything to do. Although that thankfulness quickly vanished as he found himself being showered with useless questions.

 

 

Usually he would’ve been fine with people being worried, but something about the whole class staring at him like he was made of some delicate really pissed him off. Yeah sure he jumped in front of a car and hit his head. Yeah sure he was bleeding like hell. But he wasn’t retarded or anything of a sort. 

 

 

He broke his head. Undertook surgery. Healed. And was now just as capable of doing any normal thing just like any normal person.

 

 

“Jezz why are you guys looking at me like that? It’s not like I’ve gone mental or something” he spat out after a while, mid class, and had the teacher wide eyed at his sudden comment. Mouths were hanging open. Eyes wide as ever.

 

 

The only one that wasn’t the least bit surprised about his sudden behavior, was Baekhyun, who knew better than anyone just how vocal Chanyeol can be when he wants to. 

 

 

When the bell rang, after an entire class having to deal with other people’s stares, Chanyeol quickly grabbed his bag back and flew out of that classroom like lightening. He walked so fast Baekhyun eventually lost track of him, and only stopped when he reached that quiet place he had always loved.

 

 

Laying down his stuff, he slowly sat close to the big tree and allowed his lungs to fill themselves with the fresh air, heaving in contentment as the slight headache he was having in class disappeared. Perfect. Just perfec-

 

 

What the hell

 

 

He had just closed his eyes when a small figure hovered over him and covered the sun that was warming his face. He sighed inwardly but still decided to open his eyes to see who even dared to disturb his moment. 

 

 

Much to his surprise, the one in front of him was none other than Baekhyun, who he had thought was by now happily hanging out with his girlfriend. This though made his lip twitch but he soon lost track of his unpleasant scenarios when he saw quiet tears flowing from the other boy’s eyes.

 

 

“hey hey what’s wrong?” He asked as he quickly got up and took a hold of Baekhyun’s shoulders. The latter laughed bitterly and opened his mouth to answer, “I saw her cheating on me”

 

 

Chanyeol was disgustingly happy to hear this one. Disgustingly, because he was supposed to feel sympathetic for his best friend but, felt nothing but a little sting of happiness bitting at his heart and causing its beat to increase. 

 

 

He didn’t say anything, only brought Baekhyun’s small figure close to him and hugged his body as tightly as he could. Allowing him to soak his shirt in his tears. Baekhyun’s arms tightly wrapped around his waist so he could hide his face. 

 

 

“even if she doesn’t love you, I do, I always will” Chanyeol whispered in his ear time after time until Baekhyun’s crying came to an halt and his breathing started getting calmer.

 

 

It wasn’t until the bell had rang again that Baekhyun pulled away from Chanyeol’s warm embrace. And who could blame him? Chanyeol’s arms had always felt like heaven to him. 

 

 

Baekhyun straightened himself and was a little taken aback when Chanyeol pulled an handkerchief out of his jacket pocket and softly whipped it over his tears stained cheeks. Dabbing a little softly when he reached his eyes. 

 

 

When he was finished, Chanyeol smiled warmly and held Baekhyun’s hand in his, guiding him to the school gates instead of leading him to the classroom they were gonna have class in.

 

 

“where’re you taking me?” Baekhyun asked quietly as he stared at Chanyeol’s determined face. He looked like a prince who was on the process of saving his princess and it had a small blush creeping to Baekhyun’s already red cheeks. His heart skipping beats.

 

 

“Home! You need to sleep, it wouldn’t make any sense to take you back to class seeing as you would fall asleep anyways” 

 

 

Baekhyun was about to ask why Chanyeol was so certain of this when he suddenly remembered how he indeed feels sleepy every time he has a good crying session. Which, fortunately for him, doesn’t happen all that much. 

 

 

During the short walk Chanyeol’s face didn’t change it all. The prince look he had when they had just gotten out of the school gates was still there. Perhaps even a little bit more alike it. But as soon as they reached Baekhyun’s house and Chanyeol was about to leave it changed completely. 

 

 

“Come in a little” Baekhyun managed to say and the once prince-like look on Chanyeol’s changed to the shyest look Baekhyun had ever seen Chanyeol display. It was cute. Really, really cute. 

 

 

“But you should sleep...” Chanyeol said under his breath 

 

 

“Won't you keep me company?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

muahahah

what would be of my stories if they didn't have good cliff-hangers? XDDD

I would like to apologize in advance! 

 

ANTICIPATE THE NEXT ONE! 

 

Enjoy.

Bye-yeom <3