the talk

Forever yours

 

“Everything? What the hell do you mean by that?” Baekhyun argued back and found himself surprised as Chanyeol quickly made his way towards him and gently grabbed his arms, bringing his face closer than what Baekhyun felt was comfortable

 

Chanyeol let out a big breath after noticing Baekhyun’s shocked face but soon spoke up, “This is what I mean” he said before softly pecking Baekhyun’s lips, leaving the latter even more shocked if that was even possible.

 

After realizing what was happening -a little too late- Baekhyun quickly pushed Chanyeol off him with all his strength and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. The same shocked look in his eyes.

 

Baekhyun could’ve sworn he saw Chanyeol’s eyes tear up but he was too much of a coward to even look his best friend in the face. 

 

Specially after what had just happened.

 

“B-baekhyun... Hey, look at me” Chanyeol begged as he watched his friend’s back turned to him. A hand still clasping his mouth.

 

Baekhyun didn’t answer, mostly because he was confused and didn’t know what to say but also because of the now forming knot in his throat.

 

“Hyung p-please” Chanyeol’s pleading voice bounced through the walls and into Baekhyun’s ears once again, but he was frozen in place. Unable to move a single finger. 

 

And although Baekhyun thought he couldn’t possibly get anymore shocked, that idea surely vanished when Chanyeol spoke again, “I love yo-”

 

“SHUT UP!” Baekhyun yelled, not even allowing Chanyeol to finish his sentence and this time, the one who was sporting a shocked look was Chanyeol, whose eyes seemed to be on the verge of popping out of his face.

 

When Chanyeol was about to repeat that same sentence the smaller boy hadn’t allowed him to say, Baekhyun was quicker and added, “Just shut up! I’ll pretend like this never happened so please... don’t say that. We can both pretend we never had this talk and be n-normal best friends again. Ok?” he finished by finally turning around and looking at a rather calm looking Chanyeol.

 

“Ok hyung... I’m sorry” Chanyeol slowly said, nodding his head, before making his way to the door and looking back, “see you tomorrow” 

 

He saw Baekhyun giving him a small nod before he turned around and left, softly pushing the door close and resisting the growing urge to just break down and cry his heart out. 

 

Chanyeol wouldn’t allow himself to do that. It had been years since he last cried and he wasn’t about to just break down like that. He couldn’t. He wouldn’t.  

 

But just as his feet dragged him to his bedroom, as soon as the door was closed and locked, Chanyeol quickly dropped to his knees, his legs unable to support his body weight. He winced at the slight pain from falling to hard but did nothing but stare at the floor.

 

He didn’t want to tell him. 

He had never planned to let Baekhyun know of his love. But at that time, the jealousy filling him  was too strong and he couldn’t keep a hold of his mind anymore.

 

So it just slipped. And he had never regretted something so bad as when Baekhyun said he would pretend Chanyeol had never said anything.

 

It was worse than having him fully reject him.

It was worse than him punching Chanyeol in the face.

It was even worse than forcing Chanyeol to watch him wipe his mouth with disgust right after Chanyeol kissed him.

 

 And without further notice, Chanyeol’s eyes shot open as he felt warm droplets fall on top of his hand. He hadn’t even noticed he had started crying until that happened. And it left him baffled. 

 

He didn’t feel like crying at all, but maybe the stinging pain in his heart was so strong that that was the only way his body found to relieve it. And it wasn’t until the first rays of light pierced through his bedroom curtain that his eyes stopped tearing. 

 

Morning had come, but the only thing Chanyeol did was move up to his bed, pull the covers over his head and curl into a ball as he hugged his knees close to his heaving chest. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A week went by without Kyungsoo and Jongin even catching a glimpse of Chanyeol. 

 

Then two. 

 

And by that time, the two boys had finally reached the conclusion that the latter hadn’t been coming to see them because something had gone wrong. Otherwise he would search them for help. In the least.

 

 

When Kyungsoo coincidently bumped into Baekhyun in the hallway, the younger boy made sure to drag his friend with him to a more private place where they could talk freely.

 

Baekhyun kinda knew what he was going to ask, and although he felt like running, he still walked with his friend and followed him to wherever he wanted to take him. Ignoring the inquiring looks they were receiving. 

 

“Where’s Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo asked as soon as he had found a place quiet enough and pulled his cellphone out to text Jongin to come over.

 

“I don’t know” Baekhyun simply answered

 

“How can you possibly not know? Aren’t you desk mates??” Kyungsoo asked, sounding rather annoyed.

 

Baekhyun sighed and took a deep breath before answering, “I told I don’t know! Yes we were desk mates but I changed seats with some other guy”

 

“Hun? Why? What happened?” Kyungsoo quickly asked and almost missed the troubled look in Baekhyun’s eyes just as Jongin finally appeared. 

 

“It’s none of your business” Baekhyun snapped and hung his head low, avoiding the glare Kyungsoo was sending him.

 

“It is my business! I’m your friend... What happened?” Kyungsoo started off annoyed but finished in such a soft tone it had Baekhyun look up at him, his mouth opening for him to say something, but no sound came out.

 

“Come on... It’s okay” Kyungsoo tried to persuade him but it wasn’t only until a couple of minutes later that Baekhyun spoke again, “He... He kissed me. And was about to confess to me when I stopped him... I was confused. Why the hell would he kiss me Kyungsoo?” 

 

Kyungsoo sighed deeply and pressed a hand to his temple, “What did you do after he kissed you?” 

 

“I-I wiped my mouth...” Baekhyun said and jumped just as Jongin grabbed both his arms, talking rather loudly, “You did what??” 

 

“Hey calm down” Kyungsoo pushed Jongin’s hands away from Baekhyun’s arms and looked at him disbelievingly, “Why would you do that? Can you even imagine how bad he must’ve felt?” 

 

Indeed Baekhyun hadn’t even considered how rejected Chanyeol must’ve felt after that, but its not everyday that you’re best male friend kisses you out of the blue. 

 

I mean, it wasn’t really out of the blue but it still left Baekhyun feeling shocked and confused at the same time. Which wasn’t a good state. 

 

“Just... sort out your thoughts and please go talk to him.” Kyungsoo calmly said and grabbed Jongin by the hand, guiding him away from a quiet Baekhyun, who stayed still until some guys noticed him decided to disturb his thinking. 

 

 

 

 

 

That afternoon, after ignoring his girlfriend for most of the time, Baekhyun made up his mind and walked around school for at least an hour, searching for some secluded spot where his friend could be. 

 

And just as he was about to give up, a loud snore travelled to his ears and his head quickly snapped in the direction of a boy lying underneath a big tree. There he was. 

 

Baekhyun nervously -more than what he had wanted- made his way towards his now lying friend and quietly took a seat beside him, making little to no noise so he wouldn’t wake the other up. But all of his efforts were in vain as Chanyeol’s eyes quickly shot open.

 

“Hey” Baekhyun said and gave him a little smile, to which he only got a soft nod before Chanyeol had pulled himself up.

 

“We need to talk...” Baekhyun started once again and played nervously with his fingers. Seeing as Chanyeol wasn’t about to just answer him, Baekhyun carried on on its own.

 

“Chanyeol... I-I’m sorry for what I did the other day... I really didn’t mean to hurt you, it’s just that... hum...” Baekhyun struggled to find the right words but was silenced as Chanyeol let out a soft laugh.

 

“No need to worry Hyung. It’s fine. I’m okay with just being friends” Chanyeol said and smiled, locking eyes with a very nervous Baekhyun.

 

For some reason, what Chanyeol had just said kinda made Baekhyun angry, making him want to scream out in frustration.

 

What was this all about? 

If he wanted to stay friends, than why the hell would he kiss me? 

 

“Then why?” Baekhyun questioned after a while and Chanyeol looked at him with a confused look, “Why what?”

 

Baekhyun let out a big breath, not even believing these words were about to come out of his mouth, “If what you wanted was to just stay friends... why did you kiss me?” 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there! ^^

I present to you a cliff hanger eheh

just because the next chapter will be extra special

(at least I'm planning it to be)

anyways, Enjoy ^____^ 

 

bye yeom!