I'm happy... not really

Forever yours

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had just started doing their homework when Chanyeol, whose mind couldn’t seem to calm down at all, rested back in his chair and continued to stare at the ceiling, his hands playing randomly with the pencil he was writing with. Baekhyun noticed it after a few minutes of trying to ignore the annoying noise he was making and asked him what was wrong. 

 

“Don’t you think Jongin and Kyungsoo have a...hum... odd relationship?” he asked still completely focused on his white ceiling.

 

Baekhyun didn’t even take his eyes of the homework and quickly answered, “No. Why do you say that?”

 

“They... They’re a little too touchy, haven’t you noticed?” Chanyeol followed right back

 

“Well I find that to be pretty normal...” Baekhyun said and this time decided to take a break from his homework, seeing how Chanyeol was in a talkative mood and probably wouldn’t shut up anytime soon.

 

“I know, but Kyungsoo gets embarrassed. Like that time at the beach, when Jongin tried to pull his shirt off, his face went all red and stuff” Chanyeol said calmly, not really sure of what he really wanted to say but just blurting out whatever came to mind.

 

“hum... You’re right but you’re probably just over thinking, maybe Kyungsoo’s a little self conscious about his body or something. I wouldn’t be surprised” Baekhyun said after putting some thought into what Chanyeol had said. And now that he had mentioned it, Baekhyun remembered how odd he had thought Kyungsoo’s behavior that day was.

 

“Who knows” Chanyeol sighed and bent over to start working on his homework, he then went to take a look at Baekhyun’s and saw he was almost done with everything. Seriously, Baekhyun may look like he doesn’t care about school but that really isn’t the case. Sure he doesn’t like it but he still tries his best to get good grades and always complete’s the homework.

 

Chanyeol on the other hand was too lazy to do it half of the time and if it weren’t for Baekhyun helping him out he would never do it. 

 

Lazy bum. 

 

When Chanyeol finally finished, Baekhyun packed his things and went home, leaving Chanyeol to his thoughts. That consisted mostly of things he wanted to ask either Jongin or Kyungsoo, preferably Jongin, since he’s more open and less shy.

 

He wished, not full heartedly, that everything he was about to ask them would either be considered a laughing matter or to be flatly denied. He almost wished that. Almost. The reason's for him to think this way thought were still a little shaky.

 

 

 

 

But just how right Chanyeol was about Jongin and Kyungsoo’s relationship he wished he had never known. Because days later, as soon as he walked in on them lying in bed, Jongin towering over a semi and very flushed Kyungsoo, all blood rushed to his face and he quickly, and most certainly too strongly, closed the door behind him, rushing nervously to where Baekhyun was -note that they were all at Kyungsoo’s house hanging around- before being stopped by a very nervous Kyungsoo.

 

“Please... don’t” Kyungsoo begged in a small whimper before continuing, “Don’t tell hyung, he won’t understand”

 

Chanyeol turned around and saw Kyungsoo’s pleading expression that caused him to let a big puff of air, “fine... but I have something I want to ask you both, although the answer is pretty obvious by now” Chanyeol said and waited for a little less than 3 minutes for Kyungsoo and Jongin to get dressed and somehow put together, before closing themselves in Kyungsoo’s room again.

 

“Just for how long as this been going?” He asked and they both shared a look, Jongin looked like he was asking for permission and Kyungsoo just shyly allowing.

 

“About 2 weeks, I think” Jongin then answered

 

“Jeez... And why the hell don’t you guys want me to tell Baekhyun, he’s our friend right?” Chanyeol asked as he rested his body against the bedroom door.

 

“You know how he is” Kyungsoo quietly replied

 

Said like that people would think Baekhyun is a homophobe, but that’s totally not the case. Baekhyun just doesn’t like hanging around couples. Because he can’t understand them and he feels at loss. It makes him more sad than angry. Although that’s not what people think.

 

“And hyung, I don’t really think you should be worrying about us at this point” Jongin suddenly blurted out and when Kyungsoo understood where he was going, the smaller boy quickly elbowed him on the stomach, yearning a small growl from the latter.

 

“the hell Kyungsoo” Jongin half screamed and got his mouth covered by Kyungsoo’s hand, “shut up” he whispered.

 

“What’s going on? What should I be worried about really?” Chanyeol asked, oblivious as always but sensing something he wouldn’t be happy about.

 

Jongin managed to get Kyungsoo’s hands off him and the older almost chocked, trying to shut him up, “It’s really nothing Chanyeol, don’t listen to him” Kyungsoo then tried and he could’ve sworn Chanyeol had just glared

 

“Are you trying to get me mad?” Chanyeol simply asked and he immediately shook his head. “Then spill it!” 

 

“Well... hum... you see... hum” Kyungsoo stumbled on his words and went silent as soon as Jongin’s voice could be heard “He started dating some girl today” 

 

Chanyeol had to repeat that sentence at least 5 times in his head to finally understand what was happening and just as he was about to say something he knew he would regret, he swallowed hard and tried his best to pretend it didn’t affect him in the least, when they all knew it wasn't like at all.

 

“Ahh really? I’m happy for him then” he said and forced a very crooked smile.

 

“Hey there’s no need to lie in fr--” Kyungsoo was cut short as a he heard a loud bang at the door, followed by a small head poking inside once Chanyeol had stepped back.

 

“The hell... Why did you guys leave me alone?” Baekhyun asked and quickly entered the room

 

“Ah sorry...” Kyungsoo said and looked over at Chanyeol to see him with a weird half smile half frown, if that’s even possible, plastered on his face.

 

“Hey Baekhyun hyung...” Chanyeol started and Baekhyun stared wide eyed at Chanyeol, who rarely called him that.

 

“How come you didn’t tell me you got a girlfriend?” He asked and his eyes shifted across the room and locked with Baekhyun’s. Whose face was getting just the faintest tint of red. It made Chanyeol want to break something. Or punch someone. Or punch himself.

 

“ehh.. ah-hum... It’s not really a girlfriend but yeah...” Baekhyun answered as he lowered his head with a shy smile on his lips.

 

“I see, I hope you’re happy with her” Chanyeol’s hoarse voice rang through the room and Baekhyun’s head snapped in his direction once again, before looking at Kyungsoo and Jongin who were just quietly sitting on the bed with empathy filled eyes directed towards Chanyeol. Baekhyun didn’t quiet understand. 

 

No, correction. 

He didn’t understand at all why Chanyeol looked so down and why those two were looking like that too. 

He wanted to ask them... but felt like he shouldn’t.

 

“I’m going home” Chanyeol said after a while and before stepping out of the door gave them one of his tooth filled smiles and left. Baekhyun was left behind to wonder what the hell was wrong with his best friend and the other two were discussing how this would all turn out for their group. 

 

 

 

 

That afternoon, as soon as Chanyeol got home, he threw himself on his bed and only woke up in the middle of the night, checking his cellphone and seeing it signaling 3 new unread messages.

 

“Hey hyung don’t look like that!

Baekhyun was all worried...

I’m here for you if you need to talk”

 

Chanyeol didn’t feel like answering so he went ahead and opened the second one, which, not surprisingly at all, was from Baekhyun

 

“Chanie I’m sorry I didn’t tell you

If that’s why you’re sad then don’t be

I didn’t tell you about it because in the midst of 

everybody playing around I totally forgot

sorry~”

 

Just like he had done previously, Chanyeol closed this text and went to check the other. From Jongin this time

 

“Hyung I’m sorry you had to hear 

that from me... Believe me I didn’t

want to tell you like this, it’s just I

thought it would be best if you knew

Don’t be mad at Kyungsoo either...

Please call me if you feel like talking” 

 

At this point the only Chanyeol really wanted to do was sleep. Feeling more tired than usual. So that’s what he did. He slept, and slept, and slept, and only woke up when his doorbell ring woke him up.