CHAPTER 8

A Sweet Story (Jisica version)

 

“Nehh, thanks TOP-shi.” Jessica was flustered seeing TOP there. She didn’t know what to do or say. It’s true they had been quite friends with each other due to the fact they did meet once but this time was just awkward. Well, actually Jessica still felt a little distant with Jiyong and his friends.

“What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here alone.” TOP said worrying the fact Jessica was there. Eventhough he was not that close with Jessica but he knew her status of the daughter of a very rich family. And of course, a club located down town which always filled with delinquents was not a place for her. The safety there was just 0.01% for a rich beautiful girl like Jessica.

“I am searching for GD-shi. Is he here?” Jessica asked with a hope TOP will say yes.

“Follow me.”

 

 

They reached the same room where Jessica met with the Big Bang before. And there he was, the person she had been searching since morning, Jiyong who sat on a couch with a glass of alcohol in his left hand and a cigarette in his right hand. He looked really messy. The other Big Bang members were there too with y women surrounding them. Even though they were just 17, but they already had the matured guys trait.

“GD-shi” Jessica carefully called out Jiyong. He was so surprised to see the girl who always messed up his mind and heart standing there in front of him. And to add the surprise, she was with TOP.

“W..what..are..”

“Don’t worry bro. I was just helping her. Don’t be jealous to wrong person.” TOP said because he knew what Jiyong will think when he saw his girl with another guy. And TOP didn’t want to risk his handsome face by getting beaten by Jiyong who lately always felt jealous all the time.

“Helping her?” Jiyong was confused.

“Promise me you wont get crazy when I tell you this. She was dragged by some ert downstairs just now. And luckily I was there to..” TOP wasn’t able to finish his words when Jiyong was already dashed towards the door with his face showing a very angry expression. He was ready to attack the guy who dared to touch his girl.

“Bro, relax! He’s gone already.” TOP was there just in time to stop Jiyong who once again made Jessica scared to just look at the angry him. The other Big Bang members were also shocked to see Jiyong suddenly heated up like that.

“This is why I didn’t want to tell you.” TOP sighed before he pushed Jiyong backward. Jiyong really cant accept the fact that guys always after his girl. He gritted his teeth hard and clenched his fist tightly. With a first small step, he walked towards Jessica who was a bit trembling witnessing Jiyong lost his control. Jiyong gave a sharp glare to Jessica before he held her hand and led her out from the room.

“He’s at it again.” Taeyang said before he sipped another glass of alcohol. The Big Bang members were actually felt uncomfortable with Jiyong’s sudden change of behavior. Since this morning, he didn’t talk with anyone. He isolated himself from everybody and did something that he never did before.

 

The night air was a bit cold. Luckily Jiyong gave Jessica his jacket before he started the ride. Jiyong didn’t speak a word to Jessica since they went out from the club. Jessica didn’t know how to react. It just been a day since they officially became a couple but they already had unspoken boundary between them. Jiyong drove the motorbike real fast that it made Jessica thought maybe she had a mistake to Jiyong that she didn’t realize. Jessica then tightened her hug on Jiyong’s waist and cuddle closer to Jiyong’s back believing that it will make Jiyong calm. Like a magic, it did. Jiyong slowly decreased the speed and his body loosened up a bit. Jessica smiled when her hug can lessen Jiyong’s tension.

 

After a 15 minutes drive, Jiyong finally stopped the motorbike. He initially didn’t know where to go and what to do. But in the end he stopped to a place where he usually believed will calm him when he’s not in the right mood, an ice rink.

“It’s closed.” Jessica said carefully. Still debating whether Jiyong was already okay or not. But that silent trademark of his never can be guessed by anyone even Jessica. It’s obvious that the ice rink was closed but then Jiyong did the thing he always did, the unexpected. He walked to the dark area of the gate which surrounded the ice rink before he bent his body down and slipped himself into a tiny hole at the bottom of the gate. Jessica’s eyes widened when she saw what Jiyong did. That hole looked like it already been there for so long but the fact that it was covered by bushes may be the reason why people didn’t realize its existence.

 

“Get in” Jiyong’s voice can be heard from inside the gate which brought Jessica back to the world. She couldn’t believe Jiyong can leisurely broke into the closed ice rink like it was the most normal thing to do in the world. Jessica hesitated whether to enter the hole or not because as far as she can remember for 17 years of her life, breaking into a closed compound was just illegal. And of course she never did something like that ever in her life. But in the end, she had to crawl through the hole awkwardly since Jiyong was waiting for her inside.

“Woah~!” was the first word that came out from Jessica’s mouth once she saw the ice rink. It’s not that she never went to an ice rink before but it’s her first time to be in a quite dim-lighted one. Since the rink was closed they only on-ed few lights in the rink which gave a nice vibe. Jessica was smiling happily because she loved the atmosphere.

“It’s very beautiful.” Jessica said before she gave a radiant smile to Jiyong whom like always will blush whenever he saw Jessica’s beautiful smile. Jessica chuckled when she saw Jiyong acting all shy.

“Do you always go here, GD-shi?” Despite being a couple, they still use formalities when communicate.

“Whenever I feel down.” Jiyong answered shortly. He believed that a cold place can calm the fire inside him.

“It’s a waste we don’t have skate shoes.” Jessica said. She really hoped she can skate on the ice because she quite good at it.

Hearing that very sentence from Jessica woke Jiyong up from his little world. He then grabbed Yoon’s hand and led her to a small room at the side of the rink.

“What are we doing here?” Jessica asked puzzledly. What she noticed from Jiyong’s behavior was he always acted first before explaining. So when Jiyong started to break the room’s door, Jessica was panicked.

“GD-shi? What are you doing? The guard will notice us.” Jessica said while praying the place’s guard, if there was any, would not notice the loud sound. After a few tries, Jiyong successfully entered the room. Jessica again hesitantly went inside. The room was filled with so many skate shoes. Jessica was speechless.

“Choose one.” Jiyong said.

“But..is it okay?” Jessica carefully spoke worrying Jiyong will misunderstood. But then again Jiyong grabbed Jessica’s hand and sat her down on a bench before he searched through the racks and got a pair of shoes. He then tried to help Jessica wore the shoes which amazingly fitted into her feet. Jessica just smiled seeing Jiyong trying his hard to fulfill Jessica’s need.

“You should wear one too.” Jessica said.

 

So there they were on the ice rink which Jessica insisted. Jiyong felt awkward to be on the ice rink. He can skate but usually when he went there he just sat on the bench and look at the rink for hours. Jessica was already having her own time circling the rink and laughing happily.

“Come on GD-shi. Let’s skate. It’s fun you know.” Jessica shouted from the end of the rink forgetting that she initially felt the whole thing was just wrong. But Jiyong was just remained on his spot. Jessica sighed before she skated towards Jiyong.

“You don’t know how to skate?” Jessica asked.

“I know. I just..” Jiyong didn’t know what answer he should give. But then he felt a very warm hand holding his. Jessica smiled to him before she skated slowly which also made Jiyong skated. Like in a drama, they skated together which Jessica led.

“GD-shi?!” Jessica suddenly shouted which startled Jiyong.

“You are smiling.” Jessica continued her words. Jiyong didn’t realize that he was smiling along their skate. He abruptly stopped smiling and skating. For some reasons, he felt embarrassed when Jessica saw his smile.

“Why you stop smiling? You look cute when you smile.” Jessica said. She honestly disappointed when she cant witness Jiyong’s smile more.

“I..”

Jessica just shook her head. She knew that maybe Jiyong still had not the confidence in expressing himself.

“GD-shi. Let’s make a bet.” Jessica said after a while.

“Nehh?”

“If any of us can reach the end of this rink, that winner can ask anything from the loser. Are you in?” Jessica said confidently. Jiyong felt weird when Jessica suddenly threw out the bet. But in the end he nodded when he saw how sparkling Jessica’s eyes were for him to agree the bet.

“1, 2, start !” Jessica expectedly skated faster than Jiyong but when she nearing the end of the rink, she accidently tripped over her shoes and fell down.

“Jessica-shi!” Jiyong shouted when he saw Jessica fell down. He unknowingly skated faster than Jessica. And when he reached Jessica, one can see clearly how worried he was.

“Are you okay? Did you hurt anywhere?” Jiyong at that time was completely opposite to what he used to be in front of Jessica. He always be the silent type but at that moment, his worry was much greater than anything else.

“Nehh, im fine.” Jessica said while smiling unexpectedly. She was happy to see Jiyong was all worried because of her.

“You shouldn’t skate that fast.” Jiyong said while still inspecting Jessica’s body for any injury.

“But I won the bet. And you owe me one.” Jessica said forgetting the pain on her body. Jiyong cant believe his ears. At time like that, Jessica still had the gut to think about that bet. With that, he stood up and walked away leaving Jessica on the floor but stopped immediately when he heard Jessica cringed in pain.

“You okay?” Jiyong asked again but then Jessica hugged him out of nowhere which froze Jiyong. She tightened the hug.

“Thanks GD-shi for worrying about me.” Jessica said.

“You should always be careful.” Jiyong said. He actually felt extremely happy with the hug when he totally forgot about the happenings that made him jealous all day.

 

 

Jiyong sent Jessica to her home. But let’s say God stayed with them when the rain started to pour down.

“GD-shi, is it okay for you to go home in this rain?” Jessica asked while covering her head. They were outside the gate of Jessica’s mansion.

“Yeah, im okay. You should go in before..” Jiyong’s voice couldn’t be heard when the rain started to become heavier alternating with thunders.

“Come in. It’s dangerous.” Jessica had to shout since the rain’s sound was much louder. She forcefully pulled Jiyong inside the mansion to dry himself.

“It’s not okay. The rain is very heavy. You should wait until it calms down. Come, I show you the way.” Jessica said. Luckily the maids were all slept. But she cant risk herself from being exposed of bringing a guy into the mansion. So rather than giving Jiyong a guest room, she asked Jiyong to stay at her room, eventhough she knew it’s very wrong for a girl to allow a guy enter her room.

 

As for Jiyong, he always saw Jessica’s mansion from the outside and for him it’s already grand. But when he stepped into the mansion, he was just speechless. He didn’t dare to make a move afraid that his poor body will break anything expensive in there. And without him realizing, he already in Jessica’s spacious bedroom. He cant help from being jaw-dropped. From his poor calculation, he thought Jessica’s bedroom can fit 5 of his living room. Jessica’s bed was really huge that it can fit 4 people on it. Her closets were much bigger than Jiyong’s bed and there were 5 of them. There were TV, study table, computers. And there’s also a big white piano at the corner of the room.

A rich princess sure is different’

“GD shi?”

“Nehh?”

“You scared me. You didn’t reply me for 3 times there.” Jessica said while smiling.

“Owh.” Was the only word that can come out from Jiyong’s mouth.

“Here, your cloth. You should change before you get sick. Im sorry that I have to bring you to my room, because..im afraid others will know you are here.” Jessica said.

“Never mind. I’ll go once the rain stopped.” Jiyong said before he went into the bathroom.

 

 

Who plays this?

Once Jiyong finished in the bathroom, he was welcomed by a soft melody coming from a piano. Like in a movie which had been slowed motion, he saw Jessica with a white night dress playing the piano while smiling softly.

She’s so beautiful’ Eventhough Jiyong knew this fact since the first time he met Jessica, but he cant just get over it. He rarely set his eyes on women but he believe that he will never find any girl that’s more beautiful than Jessica. Without him realizing, he already sat beside Jessica on the piano’s bench while admiring her beauty. The melody then stopped.

“You are very good.” Automatically, that sentence came out from Jiyong.

“Anniyo. Im still learning.” Jessica said while giving her usual smile. She turned her head to look through her big window. The rain was still heavy.

“Ottokeyo? You have to wait here a little longer.” Jessica said.

“Actually I can just go back home in this weather. I just have to go fast.” Jiyong said. He felt awkward to be with Jessica longer in her bedroom given that it’s already midnight.

“Anniyo. You will get sick. And you cant ride your bike so fast in this weather. It’s dangerous. Just stay here.” Jessica said which ended the conversation. A long silence accompanied them with both having their own thoughts.

“Jiyong-shi. Can I ask you something?” Jessica said after the long silence. Jiyong just kept silent as a sign of yes.

“Did you mad at me this morning?” Jessica asked carefully because she knew Jiyong was really a sensitive person.

“Anniyo.” A short answer came.

“But I heard you left the school after..the fight..” Jessica said. Jiyong was debating whether to tell the truth or not.

“I was mad.” Jiyong said in determinant.

“With me? Im sorry GD-shi if I ever made you mad. I am really sorry. I didn’t intend to..” Jessica was flustered when she heard Jiyong. She kept apologizing but then halted when Jiyong spoke.

“Not to you. Someone else.” Jiyong said.

“Who?”

“It’s not important.”

“Taecyeon-shi?”

“Don’t ever call his name again” Jiyong suddenly raised his voice when he heard Jessica said the name of the guy whom he hated the most.

“GD-shi..”

“I hate when he insulted you. He’s a bastard.” Jiyong said with hatred obvious in his voice.

“I..”

“And I don’t like when you helped him. I hate when other guys touch you.” Jiyong said letting out all in his mind. He didn’t even realize that. And as for Jessica, she cant believe her ears. GD that she knew was someone who always kept everything himself yet alone to share his thoughts.

“I will make sure any guy who touches you will die in regret !” Jiyong said before he stood up and threw a punch on the piano keyboards. But then, he felt the usual warmth he always received lately on his back. Jessica was already crying when she hugged Jiyong. She was just afraid to see Jiyong getting all mad like that.

“GD-shi..im sorry..im a bad girlfriend. Im so sorry. Don’t be mad.” Jessica said in between her sobs. Jiyong was shocked when he heard Jessica sobbing. The last thing he wanted to do was making Jessica cried. He turned his body to face Jessica. Jessica’s face was already wet with tears. Being the inexperience one in love, Jiyong didn’t know what to do to make Jessica stopped crying.

“Stop crying. I wasn’t mad. I just..” Jiyong felt hopeless at that moment. He couldn’t think a way to make Jessica stopped crying. Slowly, he raised his hand and gently wiped Jessica’s cheek from the tears. Jessica can feel the rough hand touching her cheek. And when she raised her face, Jiyong was already kissed her lips.

GD-shi.’

And same as before, Jiyong didn’t even move his lips. His lips stayed on Jessica’s for like a minute.

“Don’t..cry.” Jiyong said after the kiss. His cheeks were already red from getting shy over the childish kiss. But as for Jessica, she was just speechless. Being with Jiyong was really something. Everything seemed new for her. And that made her waiting for something new more.

“Will this make you stop crying?” Jiyong said and extending a rose to Jessica. The rose actually made from black paper and folded to become a rose shape. Jessica was amazed by that. She cant believe Jiyong knew how to make a rose-like origami. Eventhough the color was a bit unordinary. But she appreciated it.

“You made this yourself?” Jessica asked.

“Yeah, I had free time so..” Jiyong said. Actually, that was the thing that he made all day in the club.

“Thank you GD-shi.” Jessica said happily before gave another kiss to Jiyong. But this time it’s a real kiss which of course led by Jessica. The kiss turned wilder and God knew what happened next.