CHAPTER 5

A Sweet Story (Jisica version)

 

Jessica was waiting for Jiyong outside his class in the early morning to tell him something. The teacher still didn’t come so she had the time to do what she had to do. She was alone there given that Yuri took a day leave since she was sick and that made Jessica freed that day. Not like she didn’t like Yuri beside her but when it came to Jiyong, she knew it would only make her in trouble if she shared this thing with Yuri. Jessica was exceptionally happy that day since it was her official first day as Jiyong’s special ‘friend’. Eventhough she couldn’t sleep last night due to over-excited about her newly formed friendship with her crush, it didn’t take any of her energies that day. Jessica had a lot of plans in mind regarding her and Jiyong. She knew that it would be too scary if she made moves first given that she’s the girl but she didn’t care. She really wanted that she and Jiyong will work out eventhough she fully aware that Jiyong didn’t show any sign of liking her except that the fact Jiyong will blush if she came near him. She made an assumption that Jiyong wasn’t that familiar with girls and that was one of the reasons that made her plans difficult to work.

While Jessica was waiting patiently, some of YG male students surrounded her along with some girls. Before that day, she knew that the YG students always stared at her when she came to their class but they never approached her. But now, she was startled when the YG students circling her while giving various kinds of stares. The guys were giving her interested looks while the girls were smirking at her while eyeing her up and down. They were also whispering at each other but Jessica couldn’t hear what it was. But obviously it was not a good one. Among them all, she noticed this one red-haired girl who was crossing her arms across her chest and her face was creasing showed that she had a grudge to Jessica. Jessica suddenly felt afraid with the situation. She didn’t know what to do. True that the YG students didn’t do anything to her but being in the middle of a group that was famous by their scary personality was surely an experience you wouldn’t want to have.

Jessica was trying hard to maintain her calmness but not until one of the male students approached her and tried to flirt with her.

“I always see you here. What are you doing here, by the way?” The guy asked while eyeing Jessica from head to toe. The guy’s aura gave Jessica chill down her spine. He was giving a flirtatious look but a deathly one.

“I..im waiting..for..” Jessica was already lost in her fear. The guys were not interested in hearing her answer. Instead, they came close near to Jessica. One of the guys bravely touched Jessica’s hair and even sniffing her scent like a real psycho ert. The tears on Jessica’s eyes were threatening to fall down any moment. But, there was a loud yelling came from behind them that made the guy’s hand on Jessica’s hair fell to his side. Jessica turned around and saw her savior, Jiyong with the Big Bang members tailing him behind, walked to them with an angry face and a balled fist.

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!!” Jiyong shouted at the guy before he punched the guy’s face. Jiyong was boiling in anger once he saw what’s happening. He really couldn’t stand when other guys touched Jessica. So there he was, ready to attack the guy for the second time. Luckily the other Big Bang members were there to stop him or else the guy would end up in hospital for God knows how long. They were actually shocked by Jiyong’s sudden anger. But to prevent him from doing the second fool fatal attack was more important than questioning him at that time.

“What’s wrong with you?” The guy who had been punched by Jiyong whose name was Psy asked Jiyong. It can be said that Jiyong and Psy were friends. Everybody in YG was friends with each other but in this case, Jiyong made no exception. There was blood on the corner of his mouth and he was still on the floor. Jiyong who was still in his anger wanted to punch Psy again but was prevented by the Big Bangs.

“Hold on, kid. Why are you so tense up in this early morning without reason?” Top said before pushing Jiyong backwards.

Without reason?! He laid his dirty hand on her ! That’s the reason!’ But Jiyong cant just boldly shout out those words. For some reasons, he needed to at least keep his ‘friendship’ with Jessica as a secret, to protect her.

Jiyong diverted his eyes to Jessica who had her head hung low. Jiyong can see her body was trembling and that’s the sign that she was crying. Jiyong didn’t know what to do when girls cry but he cant just left Jessica like that. He was in a dead end whether to choose Jessica or his image. But without thinking much, he grabbed Jessica’s hand. Jessica raised her head and looked at Jiyong. Jiyong’s prediction was true; her face was wet with tears. Jiyong’s heart broke when he saw Jessica’s eyes. He knew she was afraid. It must be hard for her to be surrounded by those scary guys from YG.

“Follow me.” Jiyong said softly before he turned around and ran along with Jessica behind him with hands still held together. Everyone was looking at them weirdly but not as Big Bang members. They were too shocked with what was happening. So many questions lingering in their head but there’s one same question that popped up in their minds, what is Jiyong’s relationship with Jessica. But they knew better that that’s not the time to chase Jiyong just to ask about his relationship. But that didn’t stop the other YG students from questioning the same too. Their mouths were practically wide opened when they saw the scene just now which can win the best issue of the year.

“Okay. Time’s up for the show. Now, disperse. The teacher will come any second. Close that mouth Tablo. You look ugly.” Seungri acted as the man in charge to calm the scene down. He and the other Big Bang members were pushing their classmates into the class and told them to not care about others’ businesses.

 

 

Jessica and Jiyong reached a store-like building at the back of their school. It was messy in there but it looked like it had occupants there because there were chairs and tables in it. At the end of the building, there was a window which directed to a beautiful scene behind it, like a small green forest with many colorful flowers. It was Jessica’s first time there. It was a rule that the students cant go there since it’s a forbidden place. The school claimed that it was dangerous since the building was near to the forest which they believed had something in it.

Jiyong released Jessica’s hand and sat on the nearest chair. He still didn’t look at Jessica who was still standing. The atmosphere between them was so awkward that none of them talked. Jiyong felt himself a big fool because he just did a big mistake by dragging Jessica away in front of his classmates. That will sure invited negative rumors about them. He didn’t care about himself though what he cared was Jessica. If the whole school knew about Jessica being friend with a delinquent like him, there must be a chaos and Jessica’s name will be bad. As for Jessica, she’s still in her semi-shock state. The scene back in YG’s class was still in her mind but that was nothing compare to her gratefulness to Jiyong who came to save her. She really wanted to hug Jiyong right at that moment but looking at the mad Jiyong who‘s having his fist clenched tightly somehow made her afraid. She assumed that maybe it was her fault at the first place that she went to YG class.

And now he must be mad at me for ruining his reputation. Why did you have to wait in front of his class. What’s wrong with you, Jessica.’ Jessica blamed herself for making Jiyong like that. Eventhough she’s not sure what caused Jiyong to be that angry, but she knew part of it was because of her.

“Im..sorry.” Jessica said slowly. She bowed her head because she couldn’t stand to see Jiyong mad at her. But there’s no answer from Jiyong.

“I was just..”

“Did they hurt you?” Jessica was trying to explain herself but was cut by Jiyong’s unexpected words. She imagined that Jiyong will be mad at her but apparently he’s not. He even asked her whether she’s okay or not. Jiyong stood up and went closer to Jessica. His angry eyes turned calm when he looked at Jessica’s eyes. They were gazing at each others’ eyes and predicting what the other’s was thinking.

Jiyong slowly extended his hand out direct to Jessica’s face. He rested his palm on Jessica’s cheek but they still had their eyes fixed on each others. Both of them were engrossed in their own world. Neither Jessica or Jiyong knew what was happening. All acts were based on what the heart said.

“Did they hurt you?” Jiyong repeated his question. Jessica shook her head. She slowly raised her hand and touched Jiyong’s hand on her cheek.

“Thanks for saving me.” Jessica thanked Jiyong before she gave a sweet smile to Jiyong. Jiyong who then realized what he had done quickly removed his hand from Jessica’s face. He was now blushing. He turned his body away from Jessica and sat back at the chair silently cursing himself for the fool act he did.

What have you done, Jiyong ! She must think that you are a sick ert.’

Jessica smiled when she saw Jiyong blushed. Somehow, she thought that Jiyong was cute in his own way. She sat beside Jiyong and tapped his shoulder but Jiyong didn’t turn his body. He was still embarrassed because of his act. So, Jessica decided to do something that she sure will make Jiyong looked at her.

“They didn’t hurt me just now. But they touched me at my..” Jessica’s sentence wasn’t finished when Jiyong suddenly stood up and his face was full of anger.

“Those bastards ! How dare they touched you. Im gonna make them lay on the hospital for months !” Jiyong was really angry when he heard what Jessica said. He found himself got angry easily when other guys touched Jessica. He really wanted to smack all those guys faces until they cant see Jessica. When he wanted to make his move out from the building, Jessica stopped him.

 

“GD shi..” Jessica called Jiyong. Jiyong turned his head to Jessica who was all smiling like nothing happened.

“I was just kidding. They didn’t touch me somewhere else.” Jessica said and she came closer to Jiyong.

“Why you don’t want to look at me?” Jessica said when Jiyong was still avoiding looking at Jessica. Jiyong still didn’t answer her. Jessica then made a great move when she hugged Jiyong. Jiyong’s eyes widened when he felt a soft body pressed against his. Jessica tightened her hug but Jiyong was frozen with the sudden intimate act. He bet Jessica can already hear his irregular heartbeats.

After a long minute, Jessica pulled away from the hug and looked at Jiyong’s blushing face while giving him a sweet smile.

“You look cute when you blush.” Jessica said which brought Jiyong back to the real world. He blushed even more when Jessica said that.

“I am not cute.” Jiyong said defending himself. It was his first time to be called cute. Maybe he did when he was still a kid but to call him cute when his image was totally not was just out of the world. It was an insult for gangsters to be called cute.

Jessica chuckled when she saw Jiyong was like debating in himself about being called cute. She grabbed Jiyong’s hand and pulled him to sit on the chairs. None of them talked because one was shy and one was waiting for the other to speak.

“What were you doing in front of my class?” Jiyong finally spoke first which earned a smile from Jessica.

“Im waiting for you.”

“Huh?”

“Actually I made a lunch box for you. So I was there to tell you that maybe if you want to have lunch with me during recess. That’s if only you want.” Jessica said so fast because she also was embarrassed by it. Now, she’s the one who had her head bowed and didn’t look at Jiyong. It was Jiyong’s turn to be fluttered.

“It’s okay if you don’t want..”

“I want it.” Jiyong cut Jessica’s talk. He was delighted that someone gave an effort to make him a lunch. Never in his life he had received that much attention. But it all changed when Jessica came to his life. Jiyong sometimes doubted whether all these were just dreams but it was too good to be a dream only. The prettiest girl he ever saw whom he just can see her from afar before was now sitting in front of him, smiling while offering a lunch box made especially for him. He wondered whether he made very great good deeds in his life before to get such a good treatment from Jessica.

Jessica gasped when Jiyong answered her. She was actually just trying her luck. She never thought that Jiyong will receive her lunch box which she made in the early morning with love and care. It made her happy to make Jiyong a lunch box but she was extremely happy when Jiyong wanted it.

“Really? I’ll bring it to you at lunch time.” Jessica said happily.

“Why don’t you bring it now?”

“Now? It’s still morning.” Jessica was shocked when Jiyong asked her to bring the lunch box right at that moment when it supposed to be eaten at noon. Jiyong was actually hungry at that time. He hadn’t have his breakfast. Actually he always skipped his breakfast because he always woke up late and for him, it’s troublesome to wake up early just to make breakfast. Seeing Jiyong all quiet made Jessica noticed that he really wanted to eat at that time.

“Maybe we can have our second round breakfast now.” Jessica said while smiling. She asked Jiyong to wait her there before she went away to get the lunch box. Jiyong was happy when Jessica agreed to bring the lunch box. Not like he was starving because he used to not eat in the morning but he just couldn’t wait to taste Jessica’s cook.

After waiting for minutes, Jessica came with the lunch box. She set the lunch box on a table so that it’s easier for Jiyong to eat. Jiyong opened the box’s lid and was amazed when he saw variety of dishes in the box. There were meat, vegetables, rice, chicken and egg rolls. The decoration was so pretty. It looked like Jessica really put a big effort on doing that.

“It’s not much but I hope you like it.” Jessica said humbly. After Jiyong tried for the first time, he once again amazed by the taste. It was so delicious. Again he’s questioning what luck he got to have the chance to taste Jessica’s home-made food. But, of course he didn’t show any reactions to it.

“How does it taste?” Jessica asked. She was actually hoping that Jiyong will give a good answer despite his expressionless face after he ate.

“It’s okay.” Jiyong said shortly much to Jessica’s disappointment. She was expecting a good and sincere comment from him. But then Jiyong lifted up the box closer to his face and dug in the food like he was starving for 3 days already. Jessica smiled when she saw this. She knew that Jiyong loved the food but as usual he never said what he meant. After only 5 minutes, Jiyong already finished eating. He left nothing in the box.

“Did you have your breakfast this morning, GD-shi?” Jessica asked Jiyong because it’s weird that he can finish the box so fast.

“I usually don’t take breakfast.” Jiyong said casually.

“But it’s the most important meal in a day.” Jessica said. She was shocked when hearing Jiyong’s word. But Jiyong didn’t care much about it.

No wonder he’s thin. Why he always skips his breakfast? Is it because there’s no one to cook for him?

 

 

 

 

“Im sorry GD shi. Because of me, you fought with your friend.” Jessica broke the long silence after the eating session by apologizing. It’s actually difficult for her because Jiyong rarely talked and she always be the first person who talked.

“It’s that bastard’s fault. Not yours.” GD said.

“But still..” Jessica said while lowering her head. She still thought that it was her fault to cause the mess.

“Stop apologizing. I punched that bastard because he touched you. So it’s his fault, not yours.” GD said with a hint of seriousness in his sentence. He really wanted to stop talking about that matter. But as for Jessica, she was surprised by GD words. It was like GD was jealous when she got touched by other guys. And that made Jessica’s heart fluttering in happiness.

 

 

 

“GD shi. Are you free tonight? Well, I was thinking maybe we can go out together? As friends. And as a thank you for helping me?”

What a lame excuse, Jessica!’ Jessica scolded herself for acting like a girl who desperate to ask a guy out. Jiyong was speechless when Jessica asked him out. He really amazed by Jessica’s acts. She was the first girl that dared to do anything with him eventhough she knew who he was. Surely GD was happy but he tried his hardest to maintain his composure. Jiyong stood up and walked to the door.

“You already missed the first class.” Without answering Jessica, Jiyong just coolly walked away but before he went out, he stopped by the door.

“About that..i have nothing to do tonight.” Jiyong said before he walked away from the building leaving the happy Jessica alone. Jessica was so happy that she danced crazily in the room while jumping around like a kid.

“Kyaa~! He wants to go out with me ! Daebak ! You are so lucky, Jessica. Arghh~!” Without her knowing, Jiyong was actually still outside the room listening to all the things she screamed about. A smirk formed on Jiyong’s lips when he knew how happy Jessica was.

What a weird girl’