CHAPTER 7

A Sweet Story (Jisica version)

 

Jessica woke up with a terrible headache. She felt like the world was shaking and spinning at the same time. After a few minutes, she can see her surroundings. The bed she was sitting on was unfamiliar for her but she recognized it. The room she was in was small, dark and gave the same scent she felt when the first time she went there. Jessica looked at her side to see the curtain was still untied covering the window which she had the urge to open it to let the sunray came in. But then, the room’s door was pushed from the outside revealing Jiyong who was holding a cup. Jessica smiled unknowingly seeing Jiyong in front of her. She wished she will see Jiyong every time she woke up in the day.

 

Jiyong with his usual expressionless face extending the cup to Jessica which Jessica took puzzledly. It was tea which Jiyong made himself.

“How can you get drunk by just drinking beers?” Jiyong asked before he sat at the end of the bed away from Jessica and still avoiding looking at her face.

“I have low tolerance on alcohol” Jessica answered with low voice which earned a small smirk from Jiyong. Jessica slowly sipped the hot tea. She felt glad that Jiyong made her that because it slowly relieved the headache she had.

“This tea tastes nice. Do you make it by yourself GD-shi?” Jessica asked eventhough she knew the answer. She was trying to strike a conversation with Jiyong in the early morning. And as usual, Jiyong will try his best to communicate in the least words he can use. He just nodded as an answer.

“But last night was good. Because I can meet your friends. They are nice persons.” Another try from Jessica. Eventhough Jiyong didn’t react with it, but he actually felt worried because Jessica already knew too much about him, his world.

“And also you already agreed to be my boyfriend.” This killer sentence made Jiyong snapped his head to Jessica’s direction like there was a bomb accidentally placed beside him. He didn’t expect Jessica to remember the thing he prayed since last night that Jessica will forget but apparently, she’s not. He thought when Jessica already drunk, she will forget the thing he said without fully thinking the consequences.

“W..what?” Unbelievably, Jiyong stuttered but Jessica was still smiling.

“Wait, what time is now?” Jessica said with her smile completely disappeared and changed to a worried one.

“7 AM” Jiyong answered.

“Bwoh?! We have an hour before the class starts. We have to hurry.” Jessica said before she sprang up from the bed and collected her stuffs in hurry. Jiyong was speechless to see Jessica was so hectic like that. Jiyong can witness the difference of a good student who always prioritized school over anything. But then, Jessica stopped abruptly.

“Can you..send me..home? GD shi~” Jessica said shyly for asking Jiyong’s help. She was just afraid to call her chauffeur. Jiyong was startled by the request but he eventually gave a nod for an answer.

 

Jiyong initially didn’t want to attend the school that day but Jessica said she would like to go to school with Jiyong and of course Jiyong couldn’t resist. Jessica claimed that a couple should go to school together. That added another burden on Jiyong. He’s afraid other students will talk bad about Jessica going to school with a delinquent like him. So they there were, on Jiyong’s motorbike reached the school ground. Usually, Jiyong and his crony would attract attention from the students because of their image and such but now with Jessica’s presence beside him, it became not-the-usual-attraction. Students were whispering and their eyes were so big due to shock. How can the school princess and the great gangster came to the school together. That was the same question the students shared in their minds. Jessica was smiling brightly beside Jiyong who for the first time felt uncomfortable with the attention. Not to count the male students who were fan-crazing over Jessica wearing angry expression when Jiyong got to be hugged by Jessica on the waist on Jiyong’s motorbike. While for Jiyong’s diehard fans, they were silently growling when they saw Jessica acting all close with Jiyong who they knew after countless stalks never closed with any girls before.

Jiyong and Jessica continued walking to the classes. Jiyong really wanted to arrive his class as faster as he can because he really cant stand the glares from the students. Usually, when he’s irritated, he will just give them a death glare and they will scatter away like there’s no tomorrow. But with Jessica’s presence beside him, he had to control his anger.

While in the way, there was this one geeky-looking guy with a big thick glasses holding a card and a stalk of rose in his sweaty hands. He was standing at the hallway and nervously waiting for someone. When Jessica and Jiyong passed by him, he quickly blocked their way with his head hung low and his hands extremely shaking extending the neatly folded card to Jessica who was taken aback by the guy’s sudden appearance.

“It’s..it’s for..you..i hope..you read it..” With all the remaining courage he got, he succeeded to tell Jessica about the card he wrote sincerely to tell Jessica how he admired her for so long.

“Owh..thank you.” Jessica said with a sincere smile as a reply before she took the card and the rose. The guy was blushing hard when the girl he liked the most smiled at him. With that, he happily went away. Jessica actually used to all these confessings. It can be said she will get them everyday ranging from the hottest guys to the nerdiest guys in the school. But she knew better to thank her admirers rather than reject them heartlessly.  Eventhough Jessica accepted that with an open heart but not from the one who witnessed the scene from the side. Jiyong was somehow boiling with anger seeing the nerd he remembered he once bullied before gave a rose to his girlfriend. At time like that Jiyong then realized that he should accept his title as Jessica’s boyfriend. If he only realized earlier that Jessica wasn’t a girl that couldn’t be available in just one second due to her flooding fans, he could already grabbed that guy’s neck and beat him to death for ever giving a rose to his girlfriend.

“I really love roses. They’re beautiful, aren’t they GD shi?” Jessica asked with a smile.

But before Jiyong could answer the question, there was a chuckle behind them, a familiar one actually.

“Wow wow ~ Now look what we got here. A newly formed couple.” Taecyeon with his stupid smile was walking toward Jessica and Jiyong with his friends behind him clapping his hands acting like a cool guy which apparently he’s far from it.

“I see your taste is getting low Jessica. A poor gangster? Wow~interesting. But, it’s pathetic.” Taecyeon said with his usual snobbish voice which earned a big laugh from his same level stupid friends. Other students started to gather around them to have a clearer look on what’s happening between the famous students of the school.

“How can you reject me for a low class guy like him? You know what, babe? You can still be mine. Im opening the doors for you, given that..” Taecyeon was already touching Jessica’s face and giving her a lustful glare.

But before Taecyeon can continue his dirty words to be thrown to Jessica, he was already on the floor touching his left cheek which was hit by none other than Jiyong. The corner of Taecyeon’s mouth was bleeding. Jiyong then gave his all punching and beating Taecyeon for ever insulting Jessica in front of him. Taecyeon’s friends were trying to help him but nothing they can do since Jiyong was so fierce like he was being possessed by something. Jessica didn’t know what to do. She was so scared to see Jiyong let out his anger like that. And she was also afraid that the teachers will come and punish Jiyong for beating Taecyeon. But there was different reaction coming from the other students who were cheering for the fight. Most of them who never been beaten by Jiyong never seen him the famous gangster beating up another person.

“Stop, GD shi ! Stop it. He’s dying.” Jessica tried her best to stop Jiyong but he didn’t comply with it. But luckily the Big Bang members made their great-timing entrance and quickly pulled Jiyong from beating the already half-live Taecyeon.

“Yah~you crazy?! “ Taeyang raised his voice to Jiyong. Jiyong wasn’t look like himself. His eyes were a bit red due to anger and he never let his eyes off from Taecyeon on the floor.

“You okay?” Jessica asked Taecyeon on the floor while examining his face which already bruised here and there. And he really looked like a zombie after all those beatings from Jiyong.

“You’re bleeding. Let’s go to the clinic.” Jessica said in panic.

Jessica with the help of Taecyeon’s friends helped Taecyeon to stand up and rushed him to the school’s clinic leaving Jiyong with a rising anger and jealousy.

‘She helps that bastard?’ Jiyong cant think why Jessica helped Taecyeon after he insulted her and not to forget nearly her? Besides, Jiyong’s her boyfriend. She shouldn’t side with Taecyeon. And with anger, Jiyong released himself from Taeyang and TOP’s grip and he walked away to the school gate.

“This isn’t good.” Seungri said while eyeing Jiyong made his exit from the school gate with his motorbike.

“Yeah, it’s been a long time he didn’t get mad like that.” Daesung said.

The other Big Bang members didn’t know what to do. They knew Jiyong’s style. He wont get mad for something petty but he just did that day. And for some reasons, they were afraid of Jiyong’s relationship with Jessica. They were afraid that it will affect Jiyong greatly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Im sorry Yuri. I was going to tell you..but..” Jessica said with a sad tone. She didn’t think to tell Yuri earlier.

“But I know it before you tell me. I thought we are friends Jessica.” Yuri was so disappointed when she witnessed the happening that early morning. Her eyes were as big as plates when she saw Jessica with Jiyong, the infamous heartless gangster. And from the way Jessica was smiling, she knew Jessica had something going on with Jiyong. And her guess was proved when Taecyeon came and the fight happened. Eventhough she wasn’t that expert in love, but she can see the jealousy that came from Jiyong’s eyes when Jessica helped Taecyeon. A long silence came in between them. Neither Jessica or Yuri can speak.

“Why him?” Yuri asked in sudden.

“N..nehh?” Jessica said.

“Why do you choose him out of all great guys out there? You do know who he is right? And I did tell you before to stay away from them, from him.” Yuri said because she concerned about Jessica’s new relationship. She can see how this relationship will be ended. And it will be bad.

“I don’t know..i just..like him. I know this is so sudden. Me myself is shocked too. But what im sure is im serious about this.” Jessica answered honestly.

“But he’s a ad guy. He’s not a typical school gangster like in the movies you watched. I heard he’s already trying to build his own organization. He’s so dangerous Jessica. There were already lots of this school’s students that he sent to hospitals. And to think what he does outside this school is just..horrifying.” Yuri ended her words.

“I know. But I cant help it. And he’s not dangerous. He always protects me from dangers.” Jessica tried to defend Jiyong.

“That was just an act Im Jessica ! Cant you see where this relationship leads you? Nowhere ! This is not an experiment, Jessica. And im speaking as your bestfriend here.” Yuri said sternly.

“Stop it Yuri. I know you are talking for my goodness. But please, this is my first time having this kind of feeling. And it’s a sincere one. I need your support Yuri. You may be right that this relationship wont go anywhere. But I would like to try my best to make it has a future. And no, im not experimenting.” Jessica said before she held Yuri’s hands. Another silence engulfed the surrounding.

“What about your dad? I don’t think he will like this.” Yuri said after gave a thought about what Jessica said.

“I don’t know. That’s why I need your help and support. I really like GD shi.  I hope this relationship will turn out good.” Jessica said before Yuri hugged her eventhough she’s not sure whether Yuri accepted her relationship or not.

“Promise me you wont hide anything from me anymore.” Yuri said gave up to her bestfriend.

“Promise ~!” Jessica said while releasing the hug. She really hoped that Yuri will slowly agree with her and Jiyong.

“I actually have something to tell you.”Jessica said in a shaky voice.

“What now? Don’t tell me you already slept with him.” Yuri asked with a serious face.

“How do you know?” Jessica was surprised when Yuri guessed it right.

“BWOH?!!”

 

 

Jessica was so relieved when her problem with Yuri was settled, eventhough by a very difficult way. But she then had one problem when she cant reach Jiyong, as if she had Jiyong’s number. She blamed herself for not taking Jiyong’s number earlier since that guy always disappeared as he pleased. No one knew where he was after the morning incident, even the Big Bang members. They also cant reach him through phone.

So right after the school ended, she went home and quickly changed her school uniform to a comfortable attire. Eventhough she knew lying was a bad attitude but she cant help from telling her chauffeur that she was going to Yuri’s house for a revision together which he accepted blindly. She took a cab and decided to check Jiyong in his house first with hope he’s there. But no matter how much she knocked the door, there was no answer from the occupant inside it.

Where is he?’ Jessica sighed when she realized that this incident proved that she knew little about Jiyong’s life. It was already late evening when something hit her and she suddenly thought another place that Jiyong might go. With a bright smile and confidence, she decided to make way to the club where Jiyong had brought her yesterday or in specific sentence, the place where they officially became a couple.

Eventhough it’s only 8 PM, but the club was already filled with youngsters who couldn’t wait to heat up the night wildly. Jessica was hesitating whether to enter the club or not. She was not used to enter place like that alone. Being the well-bred daughter of Korea’s tycoon made her less exposed to the real youth world out there. So there she was walking with very small steps with head bowed avoiding the sight that she didn’t like to see from her surroundings. She tried to peek through the clubbers who were dancing wildly to search for Jiyong’s figure. But then, she collided with something hard. When she raised her head, she was really shocked to see a guy who was looking angry.

Im dead’

“’Sorry” Was all that she can say through the loud beats of music in the club. But the guy didn’t take the apology as most people will do. Jessica kept bowing and apologizing to the guy.

“I don’t like sorry in word, I like action.” That guy said unexpectedly.

“Neh?” Jessica was confused with the guy’s words. But when she saw they way that guy was smiling, she knew what’s hidden behind that creepy smile.

“You know what I mean.” That guy then grabbed Jessica’s hand and dragged her walking with him. Jessica was so panicked in the situation. And weirdly, she thought asking for help in the middle of the clubbers was just pointless. They were maybe not in the world anymore. So he tried everything she can to release the guy’s grip from her hand.

 

Well, being the princess of the story, Jessica always being saved in critical moments including this one. While she was struggling to release herself, she felt the guy’s hand was already not gripping hers.

What happened?

“Didn’t you hear what she said? Release her.” Another guy came into the scene when he already gave a taste of his fist to the guy that dragged Jessica. Luckily that corner was dark that perhaps the clubbers there didn’t even know what’s happening. The guy that dragged Jessica earlier was already on the floor trying to wipe his injured nose.

“Tch, what a weakling. A punch like that already makes your nose bleed? Now get lost before you die here.” The new guy said coolly. The injured guy knew the man who beat him so he didn’t say to rebut anything. With that, he just flew off from there.

Wait, it’s..’ When they guy approached Jessica, she can see the guy’s facial features. She felt very grateful with the guy’s perfect-timing presence to save her.

“Are you okay, Jessica-shi?”