For You

Something About You

 

Annyeong everybody. This is the second last chapter and I hope you'll read this slowly since everything is explained here. Thank you so much for the support so far. I love you guys.

 

Enjoy and PLEASE COMMENT.

 

 

2 months earlier

 

                It was still quite early in the morning when Park Chan Yeol was taking a familiar route down a busy street. He was planning to check out the new musical instruments store just around the corner. He heard that they were great sellers and besides he needed some new nylon strings for his guitar. He buried his hands in his pockets and continued walking with his head down, fearing that he would be recognised. Usually Sehun would accompany him if he was to go out in the public like this but since the maknae was busy, he chose to not bother him and went on his own instead. He smiled just thinking about how crazy his life was after the debut. They were advised to maintain their composure as best as they could after the debut, knowing that it would be crazy for them from then on. Chanyeol knew it was going to get pretty hectic but he did not expect it to be as hectic as it was that he barely had time to breathe. He had never thought that he would treasure some alone time so much. Drowning in his thoughts and barely knowing where he was headed, Chanyeol suddenly bumped into a figure - a woman. The contact was quite strong that she fell to the ground almost immediately. Chanyeol cursed under his breath and quickly knelt down to help her up.

 

"Are you okay? I'm really sorry! Here let me help-" Chanyeol started but he stopped midway when he saw who it was.

 

"Ah Chanyeol-ssi! It's you!" Kwon Yuri rubbed her back and lower behind frantically. She too, was wearing a hoodie and it was then clear how the incident had happened.  

 

"Yuri-sunbae! Jesonghaeyo jesonghaeyo!" Chanyeol felt a pang of guilt and it gobbled him up in a split second. He was bowing non-stop and Yuri could not contain herself and she laughed out loud at his response. Chanyeol was embarrassed and he was scratching his head to figure out how to make it up to his sunbae but a part of him was grateful that it was not a fellow fan because if it was, he would need to give her an autograph or something and that would attract attention. 

 

"It's okay, Chanyeol-ssi. I wasn't looking where I was headed earlier so it was partly my fault." she reassured him, smiling so widely causing Chanyeol to feel immediately comfortable.

 

"Ah yes. I totally understand, sunbae." he understood her well and smiled awkwardly.

 

"Aigoo Chanyeol-ssi you're so cute. Where exactly are you headed actually?" she asked while laughing.Yuri, too, was feeling rather comfortable around this particular label mate of hers. Blushing so hard at the compliment, Chanyeol chuckled under his breath and looked down at his shoes. When he finally looked up, he answered in a composed manner, impressing Yuri.

 

"I was about to check out the new music store just around the corner. I needed some new strings for my guitar as well." he replied calmly, looking down at her. It felt good to tower over her, Chanyeol thought. It was less intimidating that way, he reasoned.

 

"You play the guitar?" Yuri asked, genuinely interested.

 

"Yes I do. It's actually my hobby." he explained truthfully. "Where were you headed, sunbae?" he added.

 

"I was just checking out the new boutique. Say, do you mind if I drag you to have lunch with me and then I'll let you do your own thing after that? I need to make it up to you." Yuri asked sheepishly. She felt so comfortable around this young man, it was as if she was talking to a younger brother.

 

Chanyeol was a bit taken aback by the invitation and out of habit, he glanced at his watch and smiled. "Yeah why not? I have 2 hours to kill." he agreed, meeting Yuri's eyes.

 

                Yuri's face lit up and Chanyeol could tell that he made her happy for some reason. He was not sure but he especially liked this sunbae although he knew he should not develop such feelings for her. Chanyeol had been a fan of her but constantly bumping into her lately made everything so much harder and yet it felt nice. Yuri was so beautiful up close that it was almost impossible not to fall for such beauty. He shook his thoughts away, knowing better. Even if he had such feelings for her, Yuri would always see him as her little brother and nothing more. He knew that for sure and he promised himself that he would try his best to stay as neutral as he could. Can it be done though? Together they walked down the street towards a café. Anybody who would have seen them walking together would have thought that they were a couple, a perfect looking one at that.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

"No no, you're supposed to turn the other way, Yul-ah." Kai instructed while laughing at Yuri's mistake.

 

"Your moves are so hard! or are you just messing with me?" Yuri was panting and she placed both her hands on her hips, eyeing a laughing Kai. 

 

             Like any other Tuesday afternoon, Kim Jong In and Kwon Yuri had the dance studio all to themselves. This time they did not explore another song together for fear that it would get even more intimate and it would cost them more than their careers. Instead, they played it safe by teaching each other their routines - Kai teaching Yuri his and Yuri teaching him, hers. For the first time ever, they were having so much fun together and both of them felt at ease despite their crazy schedule. Kai was teaching Yuri his moves from EXO-K's song MAMA and Yuri was getting frustrated because instead of teaching her, he was laughing at her instead.

 

"I'm not messing with you, Yul-ah. You were really wrong before." Kai defended himself, still laughing. He was sitting with his legs stretched in front of him, completely comfortable and content. 

 

"Come on show me one more time. I hate not getting the steps right. Jaebal, Jongin-ah." she pleaded while staring at him, the frustration on her face was killing Kai's insides. He sighed and stood up, about to show her the steps one more time. 

 

"You swing both your hands to the right, Yul-ah, and then bring your upper body down together with your hands, air punching your left arm with your right fist. Got it?" Kai demonstrated the steps for her and Yuri stood still, observing him. Kai looks even more manly and mature teaching me all these moves, she thought.

 

"Got it?" Kai repeated, searching her face for a response. Kai pursed his lips, approached her and poked her waist, making Yuri jumped.

 

"Don't do that!" Yuri exclaimed while laughing. "You're a horrible teacher. I didn't get anything at all out of that." she changed the subject, blaming Kai entirely for her lack of concentration. Raising his eyebrows, Kai laughed and this time it was a real one and Yuri fixated her eyes on him, watching just how handsome he looked when he opened up to her just like that.

 

"You weren't even paying attention. You were busy admiring me instead." Kai winked, making Yuri blushed so hard. "Am I right or am I right?" he teased.

 

"Come closer." Yuri demanded, equally teasing. Raising his eyebrows again, Kai looked at her in confusion and slowly approached her until he was exactly in front of her, just few inches away. A tiny smile formed at the corner of his mouth at the close proximity.

 

"Yes?" He asked. His breath warming her cheek. Yuri stood on her toes and planted a soft kiss on Kai's right cheek long enough that his cheek was getting warm under her touch. Slowly she let go and they were staring at each other for a few minutes without saying anything. There was no need for it, anyway.

 

"Mm. What was that for?" Kai asked Yuri softly, drowning himself in her eyes.

 

"For being you." Yuri smiled and Kai responded with a smile as well. Catching a glance at the clock on the wall, Kai sighed and walked slowly away towards his stuff.

 

"Yul-ah, can I ask you something?" he suddenly asked while putting his bottle and a few CDs into his backpack without meeting her eyes, causing Yuri to frown at the sudden change of tone.

 

"Sure." she replied, worried about where this was going.

 

"Are you close to Chanyeol-ssi?" he asked. The question was quite personal and initially Yuri was slightly mad but then she realised where this was coming from.

 

"No, I'm not. We do bump into each other a lot lately but that's it. I am comfortable with him but he's like my little brother. Why are you asking this?" Yuri asked, concerned about these two EXO members. What Yuri said was ironic and Kai realised that almost immediately.

 

"Am I too then?" he asked, suddenly so sensitive regarding the brother topic.

 

"You're different. There's something about you, Kai-ssi and I haven't figured it out yet." she eyed him closely.

 

"Chanyeol kept on bugging me how my life has been lately and when I mentioned your name and the fact that I'm into you, his face just dropped and we haven't been talking properly this past few days. I was thinking that maybe you might know something." Kai explained, not diverting his eyes away.

 

"Well, the last time I saw him, he wasn't himself I have to admit. He looked... sad. Confused, actually." Yuri replied honestly making Kai even more frustrated and worried.

 

               Truthfully, Kai hated not talking to Chanyeol. It felt awkward in the househould because they passed by each other in the hall without so much of a "hello" unlike before. He feared that he might have damaged something he valued so dearly for something that he was not sure of - this relationship with Yuri. He tried starting a conversation with Chanyeol but his hyung kept on saying that he was busy and that he had to go. Kai did not have the courage to ask him what was wrong up front but something was definitely wrong and he was going to find out.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

                In the apartment that night, everybody was busy doing their own thing. The leader, Suho, was busy making reminders for himself and his brothers of upcoming events for fear that it would slip his mind again, Baekhyun and D.O were watching Running Man and laughing their asses off while the maknae was busy in a corner practicing his rap parts from all of their songs since they would be performing for Music Bank the next night. But someone was out of the picture - Chanyeol. Kai knew that this was a good time to get some alone time with Chanyeol so he made his way upstairs to Chanyeol's room, slowly constructing his words in his head before facing his hyung. Kai knocked gently on the door and after a voice from the other side permitted entry, he twisted the door knob and their eyes met.

 

"Hyung, can we talk?" Kai asked. Chanyeol who looked like he was expecting this, nodded slowly and Kai proceeded to enter the room and sat himself down on the adjoining bed.

 

"Can you tell me, honestly hyung, what has been bothering you? I don't like us not taking like this. Jaebal, hyung." Kai pleaded, once again meeting his eyes. Facing Chanyeol like this, Kai had forgotten how easily it was to just talk to him. He have always loved that fact which was applicable to all of his hyungs and even with the maknae, Sehun, as well.

 

Smiling, Chanyeol replied. "It has occurred to me that I needed to give someone up."

 

"What do you mean?" Kai asked, confused. Chanyeol reached for Kai's left shoulder and gently squeezed it.

 

"For you, I'm willing to give someone up." he repeated without making it any clearer for Kai. Kai was already frowning, squinting his eyes facing his hyung. 

 

              Suddenly, it hit Kai. Chanyeol was talking about Yuri and immediately everything made sense. Kai was able to see the pain in Chanyeol's eyes and he was speechless. He did damage something. He damaged what he had with Chanyeol and by extension, his other hyungs. 

 

"Hyung..." Kai started, unable to voice out his thoughts. "I didn't know and I didn't mean to-" he added but was unable to continue, slowly looking down on his lap and holding the back of his head, a gesture out of frustration.

 

"Kkamjong-ah. Why are you like this? I gave up on Yuri sunbae for you already and I don't want you to punish yourself like this." Chanyeol asked, worried about his dongsaeng.

 

"But does it mean that everything's going to be worth it hyung? This doesn't feel right. What is this? Sure it felt nice being around her," Chanyeol's face dropped at the sudden familiarity of that description, "but going back home and having this awkwardness around you and the others... hyung, I don't know what to do. I treasure you all so much. I've been with you guys for years and I'm not throwing that away."

 

                What Kai poured out was the truth and nothing less than the truth. Listening to Kai talking, Chanyeol suddenly realised why Suho had instructed him to get involved in the first place. Both Chanyeol and Kai had to sort of their priorities and this sticky situation was supposed to be the catalyst, no matter how bitter it was. Chanyeol was glad that he opened up to Suho about Yuri long ago, when he was completely vulnerable. Suho really was a good leader, he knew his brothers well and he was not going to let just any girl to ruin their valuable brotherhood. Suho made them both learnt a valuable lesson on their own. Chanyeol too, after realising this, bent down towards his knees and rubbed his face with both his palms, completely frustrated. Suddenly, someone barged through the half-opened door and thinking it was Sehun, both of them did not look up from their current positions. Whoever it was remained silent for a couple of minutes.

 

"Yuri sunbae? Both of you? What is this?" a different voice greeted them and both of them looked up almost immediately in unison.

 

                 Byun Baek Hyun stared at both of them and for a couple of minutes the three of them froze in their spots knowing that this situation had gone way worse than they had expected. They were expecting for Baekhyun to smile after asking the questions like he used to do.

 

But he was not.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

AHHHHH there it is, the second last chapter. I'm so sorry for making the dramatic tension so crazy, it's a habit of mine apparently. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing so far.

Stay tuned for the final chapter!

 

Kamsahamnida everybody!

 

and PLEASE COMMENT.