First Impression

Something About You

           It was a normal Tuesday afternoon when Yuri dragged her feet towards the SM building, hoping to catch an alone session of interrupted dancing. It was a cold day like any other and she needed to sweat more than anything else. She hated layering because to her, being a fashionista, she wanted to be able to explore normal clothes as well. It's so hard to just be alone now that Girls' Generation is exploring the International market, she's also busy with her Fashion King shoots - driving here and there to get things done. She loves her work but sometimes she wishes that it would slow down a little so that she could just breathe normally like any other woman her age. She sighed heavily, pushed her shades up her nose and continued walking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             After changing into more comfortable clothes, looking just as y, Yuri let her Nike bag sits comfortably on her shoulder and approached the dance studio. She thought it was her imagination but there really was music coming from the studio. She frowned because there should not be anyone around this time of the day, it was always her time to just break free. Even her girls knew better than to approach that studio that day - they were all busy doing their own things. Yuri felt frustrated but instead of walking away, she was still curious as to who was so keen on interrupting her precious time. Slowly she swung the door open, trying to not make a sound.

              To her surprise it was Kai, the dancing machine from the latest rookie band under SM Entertainment, EXO-K. She felt guilty to have been pissed at this intruder whilst he was probably just trying to get his routines perfect, trying to make use all of his free time. Yuri knows exactly how that feels having been put in that position 4 years ago. Yuri remained behind the slightly open door, crossing her arms over her chest and continued observing this young man. He was really good, she had to admit. She was told that EXO's routines are a lot harder seeing as they needed to reach the fans' expectation even more but watching Kai dancing now, she could not believe her eyes just how perfect he made the routines look. Kai managed to make the routines... his. 

              Yuri realised he was dancing to What Is Love, one of EXO's debut songs and she could not help but fixated her eyes on his movements alone. Every now and then she would focus on his face and his blunt expression - how peculiarly y it was. She noticed he listened to the beat not just with his ears but also with his heart. She could feel his passion for dancing just by looking at him closely like this. She continued watching him and with every movement, Yuri's heart skipped a beat anticipating more of him. She shook the feeling off her chest, knowing that it was wrong to develop such feelings for a fellow company mate plus he's much younger than she is. 

               But the way Kai moved to the beat, swinging his hips gently to the rhythm - burning a hole in the mirror with his stare, Yuri cannot help but see Kai as a mature and passionate man, not just another 18 year old boy. The way he danced showed that he knew what love is and he followed the beat expressing the lyrics as best as he could. The music stopped and Yuri was caught off guard. Kai turned her way and their eyes met.

"Noona?" Kai approached her.

"Y-yes it's me. Annyeong." she was blushing to the roots of her hair.

"Annyeong. I'm sorry I didn't see you there. were you here all this time? am I interrupting a session?" all Yuri could hear was a deafening silence. Kai up close was just enthralling and his scent was burning her nostrils. He smelt so good.

"N-no. Well, I usually come here to dance alone but since you were using it I thought I'd wait. I'm sorry I didn't greet you first Kai-ssi." Yuri explained, smiling. Kai fixated on her smile and he could not believe he was this up close to Yuri, Baekhyun would flip if he knew. She smelt so good.

"Why don't we both use it?" Kai blurted out without revising his words. He bit his tongue hard for thinking out loud. She would never say yes.

"Yeah sure why not." Yuri smiled again. I should not be doing is, Yuri thought to herself but it seemed like a crazy thing to turn down an offer from this dancing machine. And just maybe, this will be the only chance she will get to be with him alone. 

           Yuri settled down and untied her hair, letting her loose locks fall to her back. Kai stole a glance and managed to hold back his feelings, Yuri was absolutely beautiful. Kai continued to dance and she continued to watch. There was definitely something about this young man and Yuri, fearing the worst, could never put a finger on it. She did not realise but all this time she was staring at him. Kai turned around slowly, approached her and smiled.

"May I have this dance?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah there it is people. My first ever fanfic! Since I've promised that I would write a sequel if I've received much love, I finally did it! this is no longer a one-shot.

 :-) I hope you enjoyed this and will enjoy the next chapters! Thank you for bearing with me! x