The Third Wheel

Something About You

I can't believe I'm back in front of my laptop, writing again. I should be doing something else to be honest but I can't seem to get my mind off updating this! Since it has been nothing but intense for the last few chapters, I'm making this one a happy one. I hope you'll enjoy this as much. 

okay less talk from me. here it is, the 4th chapter. 

PLEASE COMMENT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Suho shuffled his way towards a familiar café and entered slowly. The ambience was good and he knew he needed this now. He placed an order and sat patiently on an empty table, waiting for someone. He pulled his hoodie down carefully, avoiding eye contact with anyone. His iPhone buzzed in his pocket indicating a text message had been received. He fished it out of his pocket to check but he already knew who it was.

I'm on my way.

                Five minutes later, a hooded figure entered through the same door and Suho knew it was him. Leeteuk searched the area frantically and found Suho already meeting his eyes. Leeteuk approached his table, they bowed slightly towards one another and exchanged pleasantries. They sat themselves down and sighed heavily in unison.

"Annyeong, Leeteuk sunbae." Suho greeted, smiling weakly.

"Annyeong. I tried to get here as soon as I could. You sound scared over the phone for some reason. Are you okay, Suho-ssi?" Leeteuk asked, concerned about his new little brother. The reason why they were close was probably because they are both leaders of their own groups and for years now Suho has been going to him whenever he needed guidance.

"I'm alright, thank you hyung. I just needed to ask you something and I figured it should not be over the phone." Suho confessed. Leeteuk eyed Suho closely and knowing this 21-year-old well, this was something serious. Suho was not smiling and his eyebrows were furrowed. This was not the Suho that he knew.

"What is this about?" Leeteuk finally asked for details, supporting his chin with his right forearm above the table. 

"It's about someone who I believed to have been stripped off his better judgment, did things against what he promised.. the company and I don't know how to approach him to ask him to stop. I don't even know for sure if I want him to. It seems wrong to be in between something like that." Suho explained as best as he could without mentioning names. He was mature in this sense. After hearing closely to what Suho needed to say, Leeteuk knew immediately what he was talking about.

"Ah yes. this dilemma. Suho-ssi, believe it or not I've been in the same situation and I had it even worse. I didn't have anybody to turn to except, well Taeyeon-ssi." he cleared his throat and Suho smiled, completely understanding his sentiment. Suho was quiet all this time and Leeteuk suggested something completely out of the blue.

"Why don't you .. try to tackle this problem from afar? You don't have to actually stop this but it's enough for you to kick some sense into whoever this person is. Tell him ... to be careful." Leeteuk smiled.

"How exactly do I do that, hyung?" Suho questioned, somehow a bit puzzled. Leeteuk reached forward to grab onto Suho's right shoulder.

"I taught you well, Suho-ssi. I think you can figure that out yourself. It's just a matter of priority." Leeteuk hinted.

                   Finally understanding the suggestion, Suho grabbed his iPhone and quickly typed out a text message for fear or losing the courage to. Leeteuk watched as this young leader took the matter into his own hands in order to save the situation. He could not help but see a little bit of himself in him. The text message was sent and Suho felt a little bit liberated.

Chanyeol-ssi, can you do me a favour?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Kai entered the seemingly empty apartment, feeling exceptionally happy after the much steamy encounter with Yuri. The apartment was dark and he tried calling out to his hyungs but nobody answered. He was almost sure nobody was home although he did not know why. Just as he began to relax his muscles, Chanyeol appeared in just a white shirt and boxer shorts from the kitchen. Kai leaped and managed to stabilise himself, Chanyeol's hair was all over the place and it was enough to give him a fright. 

"What's up my man?" Chanyeol patted Kai's back, smiling his goofy smile.

"Hyung, what's wrong with your hair?" Kai gave him the look. Chanyeol looked upwards in response, blowing his fringe softly. He pouted and sighed.

"I think it's normal for it to go that way. I just washed so it should come down soon. Why are we even using random hair products anyway? I feel like a woman." Chanyeol frowned. Kai punched Chanyeol's arm jokingly and chuckled.

"Aren't you one already? Stop pouting that way, hyung. You're older than me and yet you're still competing with the maknae to see who has the most aegyo. You do know Sehun wins every time." Kai shook his head in disbelief.

"People outside don't know how Sehun's really like! he's not cute. he's annoyingly... "

"Pretty then?"

"Bearable" Chanyeol bit his lip. Kai laughed and proceeded up the stairs when Chanyeol called him out, stopping him midway.

Chanyeol stared up at him. "Hey um. How are things for you lately?" he asked, the sudden change of his tone startled Kai and he took about 3 seconds to answer although the hesitance was not voluntary.

"It's been fine I guess. why?" Kai frowned, detecting the change of scene.

"Nothing. Just curious. No reasons." Chanyeol winked and walked away just like that. Kai was caught off guard because knowing Chanyeol, that was not normal. He was still frozen at the middle of the staircase when D.O and Baekhyun approached him from upstairs.

"Ah I'm so hungry!" D.O exclaimed, rubbing his stomach in a circular motion. Baekhyun was laughing and both of them were a bit confused to find Kai just standing there.

"What are you doing just standing there? Where's the maknae and the leader? Did you just get back?" Typical of Baekhyun to ask so many questions without giving any room for explanation.

"Nothing nothing. Go ahead eat your supper and a warning, if you see a tall ghost down there it's probably Chanyeol." Kai said while chuckling, leaving both his hyungs bewildered and confused.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Yuri reached the apartment at half-past seven in the evening to find that all her unnies were gathered in front of the television watching Show Champion and every now and then laughters filled the room. It was a normal Tuesday night but her insides felt like it has been hit by a hurricane. She felt so good about herself to have been so intimate with Kai earlier that day but at the same time, she felt like she had abandoned something equally precious. She has yet to find out what it was. She had chosen to leave her thoughts behind and she would do just that.

"Yul unnie. Wow you just got back." Tiffany stated the obvious, a habit of hers these days.

"They're showing the re-runs of the EXO-K interview, Yul. Come watch!" Sooyoung pulled Yuri immediately to sit next to her and Yuri had no time to protest. She gave in and made herself comfortable amongst her sisters. The last thing she wanted was a reminder of that handsome face but there it was, smiling to the camera and by extension, to her as if responding to Yuri's thoughts. Oh that smile, Yuri thought to herself.

"It's Kai-ssi. They're asking him to give a demo of the dance break from MAMA." Taeyeon explained.

"It's really impressive. I was lucky to have been there watching them practised it. Hyuk oppa was there as well." Hyoyeon added. Yuri clenched her jaw at the sight of Kai dancing. Even though she was only watching it on television, Kai managed to get her heart racing all over again. 

"Wah daebak!" Jessica and Sunny exclaimed together. Unable to contain herself, Yuri immediately excused herself to wash up and all the girls nodded in unison. Sooyoung and Yoona in particular were a bit curious as to why Yuri's presence was not completely there with them but none of them dared to ask again.

            Yuri hated not being able to reach Kai easily or simply go to him whenever she wanted to. She felt restricted and to her it seemed like a punishment and the worst one at that. After carefully settling her stuff down on her bed, Yuri sighed heavily. She was just about to enter the bathroom when her iPhone beeped. Reaching for it, she already knew who it was and slowly her lips curled into a tiny smile, feeling a thousand times better.

You're beautiful. Goodnight. - Kai

This time, Yuri remembered to reply.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There it is. I hope it was good! I had to develop the story and I figured it needed a starting point and there it was. Thank you for spending a fraction of your time reading this.

Thank you everybody and stay tuned!