I'm Sorry

Something About You

Annyeong everybody. Thank you for having been patient with me, waiting for this update. I had to alternate developing this story AND studying for my exams. haha but less talk! here it is, the 5th chapter. you're going to hate me for this.

 

enjoy and PLEASE COMMENT.

 

 

Chanyeol-ssi, can you do me a favour?

 

               Those words kept on bugging his mind even though it happened several days ago already. Park Chan Yeol sat on the edge of his bed, rubbing both his palms on both his cheeks as the day was much colder than usual. He fished out his phone from his pocket and browsed through the recent text messages. A habit he developed due to over thinking, something he has grown to resent. That day, thinking it was a simple favour, Chanyeol simply said yes but the reply was rather disturbing.

 

Pester Kkamjong by asking him how he's doing lately. Please.

 

               Chanyeol's mind was completely turned upside down thinking just what was this about. He did not dare ask Suho for any further details for fear of crossing some sort of boundary that he knew existed. The mention of the word "Please" managed to confuse Chanyeol even more. He knew this was not a normal thing because for the first time ever, he felt the air surrounding him was quite heavy and he was really not use to it. Whatever it was, Chanyeol promised himself and Suho that he would do it. Why him though? Chanyeol thought. Suho knew the best one of out the group to pester Kai would be Baekhyun. Knowing Suho, he would not just ask Chanyeol for help if this matter did not involve him. The leader is thorough, he could confirm that any day. Frustrated, Chanyeol let out a big sigh and collapsed on his bed, surrendering to whatever plans Suho had in mind. Come what may, he thought. Chanyeol emptied his mind almost immediately and he fell into a deep slumber in mere minutes.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

                 The next morning, Kai woke up from what was probably the best slumber ever. Upon opening his tired eyes, he smiled so wide and if any of his hyungs saw him like that, they would have thought he had lost it. Chuckling under his breath, Kai fumbled his bedside table for his phone. He quickly browsed his phone for a reminder of something that was so surreal, something that was so new.

 

Kamsahae, Jongin-ah. Stop thinking about me and go to sleep already. See you soon.

 

                   Yuri's usage of his real name somehow made the text message more special. Maybe it was just his hormones, frankly he felt a bit gay to have been going crazy over a reply. Kai rubbed away the sleep in his eyes and slowly sat up in bed, sighing happily. To his surprise, Suho was already sitting on the edge of his own bed, smiling and staring at Kai like Kai owed him money. Kai jumped slightly out of fright and in a split second he managed to ask himself what was up with his hyungs constantly scaring him like that.

 

"Jinjanae hyung! Have you been sitting there since I woke up?" Kai rubbed his chest to calm himself, laughing at the same time at the ridiculousness of the situation. Suho managed to laugh as well and replied simply.

 

"Well, I've been up for an hour now. I wasn't able to sleep quite splendidly last night because a certain someone just had to go "Yuri Yuri" about a thousand times in his sleep." Suho laughed and Kai, remembering that the leader is a light-sleeper, blushed so hard that he almost turned crimson red. Kai grabbed his pillow and buried his face while laughing, unable to contain himself from the embarrassment and at the same time, he did not dare to look at Suho in the eyes.

 

"Mianhae hyung. I.. " blushing more, Kai managed to apologised, "couldn't help it." he finished.

 

              Suho was already smiling and something in his eyes told Kai that Suho knew a lot more than he might have favoured. A little worried, Kai was reluctant to meet Suho's eyes but when he finally did, Kai asked him.

 

"You've been smiling so much lately around me. Did I do something real good to receive such fondness, hyung?" Kai smirked, making Suho raised his eyebrows.

 

"That's the understatement of the century. I'm always smiling!" Suho defended himself, raising both hands in the air. "It's you Kkamjong-ah. You're the one who has been really weird lately." his tone turned serious.

 

Frowning, Kai replied. "I don't know, hyung. This feels right but at the same time, it feels like I'm not true to myself as well." Suho studied his little brother closely, beginning to feel more and more connected to this 18-year-old. 

 

"Before anything. Mianhae, Kkamjong-ah." Suho said without diverting his eyes.

 

"For what, hyung?" 

 

"For not doing anything before to help you out." Kai was silent and with the little response, Suho was silent as well. 

 

                   Suddenly there was a knock at the door but before both of them could ask who it was, Sehun barged in - yet again - with Baekhyun following closely behind. To their surprise, both Kai and Suho were still in bed and were, apparently, having a deep talk. Baekhyun knew he interrupted something and immediately apologised.

 

"Aish. Mian mian!" Baekhyun said in a hurry while bowing non-stop. Not understanding Baekhyun's sentiment and politeness, Sehun diverted his attention to the two figures still in their shirts and boxer shorts, sitting comfortably in bed.

 

"Hyung, Kkamjong-ah! Why are you guys still in bed? We're all set and ready to go downstairs." Sehun blurted out, his lisp audible to anyone. With that being said, Suho finally realised both Baekhyun and Sehun were already in their jeans and shirts, looking pretty dashing even to their eyes. 

 

"Wait wait. Go where?" Suho scratched his head, thinking hard. He knew that he had forgotten something and he had a feeling this was it. Kai was even more bewildered, only staring at the maknae and his hyung trying to make up their case.

 

"Busan fan signing event, hyung! We're supposed to go in 5 more minutes!" Baekhyun exclaimed while bulging his eyes towards these two clueless members.

 

"Ahh jinja! I'd need more than 5 minutes! Baekhyun-ah, get me my things, you know where they are and maknae-ah, tell the manager we'll be there soon!" Suho jumped out of bed and was out of sight in a split second. They all knew how agitated Suho can get whenever he was deprived of the time to get ready, especially to a big event. 

 

"Yes sir!" Baekhyun, too, was gone in a split second.

 

"Arasseo hyung!" Sehun exclaimed as a reply. He was about to turn around and make his way downstairs when he saw Kai still sitting down on his bed. For the first time ever, Sehun saw something new in Kai's eyes. Kai was not himself these past few days and Sehun was not a big fan of changes. Kai was lost in his thoughts, trying to recall Suho's words. If they were not so busy, he could have asked for an explanation.

 

"Kkamjong-ah." he called out but his hyung was still in a trance. Sehun approached his hyung, bent his head to meet Kai's eyes startling Kai. "5 minutes man." Sehun stated while waving his hand in front of Kai's face like a little kid needing attention.

 

"Crazy maknae." Kai laughed and pushed Sehun away jokingly and proceeded to wash as well. Sehun scratched his head and shrugged, simply put both his hands into his pockets and proceeded downstairs following Baekhyun, to make that important phone call as instructed.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

                      At the fan signing event, Chanyeol took a seat directly beside Kai. Maybe it was subconsciously done but for whatever reasons he had in mind, Chanyeol himself was not clear. The day passed by quite quickly despite the huge turn out from the fans and for a few hours, Chanyeol was quite happy entertaining their loyal fans. Just when the air was cleared out for a good 10 minutes, Chanyeol turned towards Kai and leaned to take a stab.

 

"Kkamjong-ah. Can I ask you something?" Chanyeol asked so suddenly, catching Kai off guard. Kai, who was smiling for a fellow fan, immediately frowned but he permitted Chanyeol anyway.

 

"Sure sure. Is something bothering you, hyung?" Kai asked in return. Chanyeol was smiling sincerely, making Kai even more curious. "Come on, dude." Kai punched his arm lightly. 

 

"How are you doing lately?" Chanyeol asked. Kai was already frowning since this was the second time Chanyeol had confronted him with the question. The leader saw this exhange from afar and he too, wore a frown knowing well how it will turn out.

 

"I'm okay. You know what? Since you've been bugging me so much about this. I'll tell you the truth." Kai stated bravely.

 

"I'm listening." Chanyeol replied.

 

"It's about Yuri sunbae. I'm into her." 

 

                    Right after hearing Kai's words, all Chanyeol heard after that was a deafening silence. He completely shut out his senses from his surrounding, wore a deadly frown and looked away without replying Kai. At that rate, Chanyeol could only wear a fake smile for the sake of his amazing fans. They came to see a happy me, I will not let this poison me, Chanyeol thought to himself. Suho, who had been observing from afar, noticed the sudden change in Chanyeol's expression, immediately looked down on his lap as if to pray and silently thought to himself..

 

"Mianhae...

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

There it is! Please don't be mad at me for making it frustrating! 

Stay tuned for more. 

 

PLEASE COMMENT!