Eight

Compared to Yesterday

 

He smiled. That was the initial reaction of Seunghyun when he saw Tiffany, together with Siwon. Just to clear the things: Seunghyun still loves Tiffany. Seunghyun “is courting” Sooyoung. Siwon is Sooyoung’s brother, and Siwon “is also courting” Tiffany, and Tiffany still loves Seunghyun. Wow. What a world. Why of all the things in this damn freaking world, why would it happen. But what the heck. Seunghyun isn’t feeling jealous, anxious and terrified for Tiffany. He even feels happy. Why? Because Sooyoung and Siwon are his cousins, and everything they are doing right now is for Tiffany. It is for Tiffany to get jealous. Indeed, he is doing all these things just to make her jealous.

 

“ Soo, A plant in the world is an event, a happening, an arrow, and not a boring, bearded development.”

“I heard that line before… Oh! That’s right! I heard that yesterday from Hwang Miyoung. She was at our house yesterday.”

“Really?”

“Yes, I think it’s for a club work or something. My sibling invited her over, along with three other people.”

“Oh.”

“Why?”

“You still don’t know who that ‘Miyoung’ girl is?”

“No Oppa. Who?”

“She’s my ex.”

“DAMN! What a catch! You know what, you are really a fool.”

“Why would you say that to your wondrous cousin? I am not a fool.”

“You’re a fool for letting her go.” Sooyoung initiated as she walk against her cousin.



 

 

“Siwon-ah!” Seunghyun exclaimed as the guy hither for a grasp.

 

Tiffany was shocked as he saw the two Chois doing the thing they do. She didn’t know the two were close. Duh. Who won’t get surprised if you find your ex and your present suitor as best friends? Still on the big world of ours, out of all the billions second that has passed the memories, Tiffany still hasn’t talked to Seunghyun. The mere fact that they were classmate doesn’t matter. The fact that her bestfriend, and his childhood friend were committed to each other also didn’t matter. All that matters for her is time. You know how time heals pain. On the other hand, the things mentioned above were the things Tiffany want to vanish away. She wants to vanish them away and bury them. She wants to talk to him again, feel the warmth of his hands against hers as his lips reach out for her forehead. Simple things Tiffany imagine once again… Things she wants to happen. Things that were in the past, things that should be rewritten in their history. But what can we do? She’s not that brave to break the chains and talk to him. For an instance, it’s like a South Korean crossing the thirty-eight parallel and settling himself on the Northern part of the peninsula.

 

“Yoong, let’s go.” Jiyong said, getting away from the little trouble. He didn’t know what was going on.

 

The young lad grabbed the hands of the younger lass as they make their out of the restaurant. Jiyong was really hoping he could excuse his self and Yoona from Seunghyun, but he was so unlucky he couldn’t tell Seunghyun to give them ‘privacy.’ He was feeling so down when the two, especially when Yoona was talking and talking about Seunghyun and Tiffany’s past relationship. As for Jiyong, he doesn’t care whether Seunghyun and Tiffany goes back together, what not. All he cares for is Yoona. His own phantom of delight. The sun was close to set down. The photographic view was dominant at the place they were at now. It is not a special place, but is a beautiful one. The subtlety of the school’s rooftop garden is not seen among the thousands of students passing by here. “Wow.” Was all Yoona and Jiyong could mutter for.

Jiyong and Yoona walked towards a bench near the beautiful flowers. The view was really superb. Such a romantic one. Plus, the date today is somewhat special for Jiyong. Technically yes, since today is May 29. One day, yet few hours before Yoona’s birthday. The beautiful girl was still looking and smiling at the view, with her lips forming a smile. Jiyong was just staring at her expression and how he wish it wouldn’t fade away from his sight forever. Yoona muttered the words “It’s beautiful” as Jiyong managed to reply in a dreamy way. “Yes, it is very beautiful.”

 

“And since the sun’s almost setting down, I want to give you a little gift.”

“What for?” Yoona replied.

“Since it’s my first time celebrating your birthday.”

“What? Kwon Jiyong is saying senseless things again.” She pinched his nose and smiled naturally, the smile lots of people would have died to have for.

“Here.”

 

He took out a medium sized white box decorated with red ribbon, tied in a very pretty manner. She untied the ribbon and saw an envelope. She didn’t hesitate to take the letter out and read it.

 

“My heart is like a singing bird

Whose nest is in a watered shoot;

My heart is like an apple-tree

Whose boughs are bent with thickset fruit;

My heart is like a rainbow shell

That paddles in a halcyon sea;

My heart is gladder than all these

Because my love is come to me.”

 

Yoona was smiling hard after reading the poem. She then noticed the little white box left on the bigger box Jiyong handed her. The box reads “TIFFANY & Co.” and Yoona knows for a fact that it is something expensive. It is either a ring, a charm or a necklace. Yes, it was the latter part. Yoona was shocked as she saw the shining heart necklace. She hitted Jiyong lightly and was close to tearing up. “I didn’t wish for something special and expensive, Ji.” Yoona was feeling the Jiyong’s love for her. It’s her first time feeling something like this. Due to her happiness, she teared up a little. Jiyong wiped the tears from her amazing doe-eyes. As he took the shining heart necklace away from the cushion foam and placed it on her neck.

 

“This explains why you’re not eating that much during the past months, huh Ji?”

“Certainly is, Yoong. Since it’s your birthday tomorrow.”

“It was so funny how I was asking for a small piece of bread. God was so good and he gaved me not just a small piece of bread but blessed me with a cheeseburger. He added fries and soda for the win.” She smiled.

“I guess I’m that burger? That burger with extra fries and soda?” Jiyong asked cutely.

“Yes, since I was just asking for someone who could love me just the way I am. God is so good, really. He blessed me with a person who understands me, which is you, with a bonus of wittiness and cuteness.”

“I know… and I’m lucky to have you too.”

 

Yoona stared into the poem and finally remembered something.

 

“Ji, you didn’t write this poem, did you?”

“Okay fine. If you guess who wrote the poem, I will grant your wish.”

“ANYTHING?” The girl replied in wonder.

“Yeah. Just one guess and everything’s terminated.” Jiyong foolishly said.

“Christina Rossetti.” Yoona proudly replied.

“I’m afraid there has to be a bonus round so you could claim your prize, Im.” He smirked.

“Go ahead Kwon.”

“Where is the poet from?”

Yoona was thinking hard. “Fra…. Aww Grait Britain!”

 

Jiyong smiled sheepishly.

“Could I get my prize now, Mr. Kwon?”

“Sure. Since it’s your birthday I have to grant your wish. Tell me.”

Yoona was smiling just at the thought of it. “Don’t look at me like that!” She said, laughing.

“Okay then, I won’t look at you.”

 

She didn’t hesitate to kiss Kwon Jiyong’s cheeks. “That’s my wish……” She sneered cheerfully.



 

 

Hello! I decided to update today since it’s our deer’s birthday! Happy birthday to Girls’ Generation’s doe eyed angel, choding girl, and Jiyong’s better half?.... IM YOONA! I love Yoona to the heavens, no words are really necessary. Im Yoona saranghae! And the SONE in me: CONGRATULATIONS TTS on their TRIPLE TRIPLE CROWN glory!! Now tell me, what ‘rookie’ group can do that kind of thing? Well they aren’t technically rookies but in fact, they really are. Don’t forget your comments! And also thank you subscribers <3