Five

Compared to Yesterday

 

Six o’clock in the evening. Tiffany is in her room, looking for her Periodic Table. She opened the first story of the wooden drawer and saw a photo album. It was a thick one. She started browsing the album, with her pictures in it. The pictures were diverse. The compilation merely focuses on Tiffany’s growing side. She was smiling the whole time. She was about to flip the page, when a special photograph film fell down from the album. She took the photo which was lying on her fluffy white carpet and turned the photo outside down. It was their first ever selca.

 

It was two in the afternoon. Tiffany was at the 483-meter N-Seoul Tower, atop the granite mountain at the heart of scenic Namsan Park, offering sweeping views of the city and surroundings. The numerous heart locks outside were good to look at, and she sensed a feeling of reassurance within her as she sips her White Chocolate Mocha on the café’s soft couch. She feels very warm today, exceptionally the fact that Christmas is only a few days fleeting from now. Couples hanging their love locks with matching “I love you so much” messages written on the lock, boyfriends giving their knitten scarf and wrapping them around their girl’s necks. Tiffany feels happy and jealous by just looking at them. Tiffany certainly knows people feel the way she does right now when Seunghyun do such things for her. She snapped the things that was making her mind cluttered the moment she felt someone kissing the crown of her head. It was Seunghyun.

 

“Hey.” He told her as he took the seat beside her. “You look great today.”

“Thank you. You look good too. Good as ever.” She replied.

“You look worried. What’s wrong?” Seunghyun asked Tiffany anxiously while tracing his fingers on her hair.

“I’m alright, I just can’t forgot what happened to dad awhile ago.”

“Why? What’s the matter?”

“He’s getting weaker as each day pass. The doctors even told me not to give him heartaches in which might lead him to … or even heart attack.”

“Is that so? You should take care well of him now. He’s your father after all.”

“I know.” She replied while she buried her face on his collarbones.

 

They left the café few minutes after their talk. Seunghyun held Tiffany’s hands very firmly as they walk their way down Seoul’s most significant tower. They were the couple every stranger would admire, they look implausibly cute and very much in-love with each other. They ended up going in the Han River, the body of river dividing Seoul. They saw an empty bench, and the couple ran as fast as they could, still with their hands intertwined. Seunghyun was leading Tiffany although-out the run. When they got near the bench, Seunghyun took his handkerchief from his pocket and outspreaded it. He then placed the handkerchief in the bench. “What’s that for?” Tiffany asked curiously while panting. Seunghyun formed a big smile on his face as he replied: “It’s for you, so you could sit well. Your coat today is so beautiful, I don’t want the dirty bench to ruin it and make it dirty. Just sit down, I’ll just get some water.” Tiffany’s eyes once again curved into cresents. She removed the handkerchief and once again folded it neatly. She then settled down into the bench, waiting for Seunghyun while breathing in his evocatively ‘manly’ perfume established in his handkerchief.

 

A much revitalized Seunghyun appeared in front of her, holding a bottle of water. She willingly took the bottle away from him and started gulping the refreshing water. He took a seat next to her, and grabbed Tiffany’s hands and entwined his to her, as they once again feel the warmness of each other’s hands. He observed the gently flowing water murmuring by the river as the sun’s rays give a little warmth to their faces. It’s winter, yet it’s still not snowing. Nonetheless, it’s still winter and the cold temperature can be obviously felt through-out the city. Seunghyun once again smiled at the thought of him just sitting in a bench, holding the hands of the most precious girl in his life just silently watching the river flow. He then took something from his bag and to her surprise—it was a Polaroid instant camera. Tiffany smiled the first time she saw the camera which in return delivers a finished print from directly following exposure. “Let’s take a selca together.”

Seunghyun and Tiffany leaned closer to each other as the he pronounced the words “hana, dul, set!” while starting to press a white circle button which was on the device. They shared quite a handful of shots together. They were constantly happy with the shots they just took. Tiffany took one precious photograph. She likes it the most, describing that she was smiling in a very cheerful way while he squash his lips onto her cheeks.

 



 

 

Yoona was relaxing at her room, watching a movie. It was William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Yoona was definitely engaged in literature; she reads numerous kinds of books, watched lots of musicales and motion pictures before. She was enjoying the movie as if it was her first time watching it. She’d watch it endlessly, because it’s her favorite one. Yoona was laughing at the character’s wittiness and cleverness when her phone beeped.

 

Text message from: Kwon Jiyong

You’re the lucky winner of the Jiyong lotto.

 

Yoona smiled like a fool. She has no idea of this lotto he is talking about.

(A/N: Jiyong’s text will be in blue, Yoona in pink to avoid confusion)

 

What are you talking about? ‘—‘//

It’s for you to guess…

I really have no idea, Kwon!

You just need to think harder, Im.

Hmmm~ Your friendship lotto?

It wouldn’t be inaccurate to assume.

But you made friends with me almost a week ago! It’s not that one! Tell me! Keke

Ugggggh. Never mind!

Okay.

What is Miss Im doing?

I’m actually watching A Midsummer Night’s Dream.

Really? I love that movie! ^__^

So you are into Shakespearean stories too?

You bet! Have you eaten?

To be honest, I still haven’t… -_____-

You should eat now! It’s bad to skip meals you know.

Yes I know. Have you eaten too?

Yeah, I intentionally ate early so I could text you afterwards. Keke

Oh~ Kekeke that means I have to eat now..

Eat a lot Yoong! Don’t forget to text me after you have eaten.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡFive minutes afterㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Yoong, you still there?

I just finished eating. What’s up?

Oh really? Nothing new.

What are you doing? :D

Thinking of you… :””>

What? Excuse me?

Hello, I’m texting you, that’s why I think of you.

Ahh, I see. Don’t you feel sleepy now?

I was about to say that..

Let’s sleep now?

Let’s sleep at the same time.

Okay, let’s be sure to wake up at the same time to ehehehe

Sure! Goodnight Jiyong! Sweet dreams!

Goodnight Yoona. Sweet dreams. Don’t forget to pray. :)

Yeah, you too. Ji :)

Text me tomorrow.

Of course I will. 

 


 

 

Hello! Sorry for the unworthy update. D; Had been busy with school.. But since it’s Sunny’s birthday yesterday, I decided to update. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GG’S ENERGY PILL, AEGYO QUEEN AND SUNSHINE, Lee Soonkyu! It’s her twenty-third birthday already! Cheers everyone! Also to Girls’ Generation TaeTiSeo, who recently had wins on different music shows. ♥♥ We hope everyone would do well in the future. Don’t forget to LEAVE A COMMENT so I know where I stand. Thank you subscribers! <3 Sorry for the late update, and please wish me luck in my school! I’ll update as soon as possible. And also, don’t forget to read my TopFany one shot fanfic entitled As One. Thank you guys!

NOTE: I’ve decided to give TopFany and GYoon equal parts in this fanfic. The lead of this fic would no longer be TopFany but instead, it will be TopFany AND GYoon! I hope more GYoon shippers would subscribe! :D