Three

Compared to Yesterday

 

Finally, bell has rung. Time for them to have recess. Students from different levels (Freshman, Sophomore and Juniors) have their own schedules for break so they wouldn’t get crowded in the canteen. As usual, Tiffany and Yoona were together. “Yoong, I’ll just line up for salad. Aren’t you hungry or something? Tell me so I can get you one.” Yoona gave her a nod. With that signal, Tiffany left.

 

Yoona, as usual was looking so alone. She was wearing her glasses and stared opening a book entitled Say Goodnight, Gracie. She just started reading casually and noticed some kind of a recognizable image. It was him. Kwon Jiyong.

 

Say Goodnight, Gracie. You read that book?” Jiyong said confidently.

“Ne?” Yoona replied in astonishment.

“Did you just started reading that book?” He gave his most pretentious smile.

“Actually, it is my second time reading it already.” She replied while gazing her doe-eyes on his.

Jiyong was kind of stunned. He couldn’t believe how beautiful she was. Taken aback, he managed still managed to reply. “Could you tell me about it?”

“In Say Goodnight, Gracie, Deaver explores the complex emotions surrounding the death of a close friend. Morgan Hackett and Jimmy Woolf, born within a week of each other to women who were themselves close friends in high school, have been best friends almost since birth. They spend almost all of their free time together, and are supportive of each other's efforts to move into professional careers in the arts. Their intense though platonic relationship has left little room in their lives for other friends; hence, when Jimmy is killed in an accident caused by a drunk driver, 17-year-old Morgan struggles to go on alone. Her life has been altered in a way that is difficult for her to accept.” Yoona replied with modesty.

“Morgan struggles through the stages of denial and anger, settling into deep depression and rejecting others' efforts to assist her in coping with her loss. Finally, with the help of her very supportive parents and an aunt who is a psychiatrist, Morgan is able to put her life on hold until she comes to terms with Jimmy's death.” Jiyong responded.

“So you know this book too?” Yoona asked.

“I know it better than you do.” He grabbed her phone which was settled on the table. He typed his cellphone number on it, nonetheless, tapped the save contact button. He then took his phone out and saved Yoona’s number.

“Friends?” Jiyong asked while smirking.

“Yeah, sure. Friends.” Yoona replied and grabbed his hands for a formal handshake.

“Kwon Jiyong imnida.”

“Im Yoona imnida.” She smiled out.

“Okay, my cheeks will be puffing out soon so I guess I have to leave now. See you at class.”

“See you.” She sneered out. Jiyong left the table.

 

The moment Jiyong left the table, Yoona couldn’t stop smiling. He was her crush after all. Tiffany arrived with two packs of salad and two small cartons of milk. “Hey, stop smiling like that! Let’s start eating.” Tiffany mumbled.



 

 

Seunghyun was eating by himself. Jiyong took the seat in front of him and smiled like a fool. His cheeks were even pinkish red! It was the first time Seunghyun saw him in that manner. “You’re inlove aren’t you. Start talking.” He ordered.

“Well, it was my first time to see that kind of girl. A very innocent and lady-like one.” He couldn’t stop blushing.

“Yah, Kwon Jiyong. Do I know her?”

“She’s our classmate…. And your ex’s best friend.” He retorted.

“Ah, Im Yoona?”

“As of now yes, few years later she will be Kwon Yoona.”

“As if that is going to happen.”

“Who knows after all… She’s now my stimulus.”

“Stimulus? What the heck are you saying, Ji.”

“My inspiration and the person who will give me the love I can’t get from you.” Jiyong smirked.

“Don’t you feel my love for you as a brother? I’m your hyung after all.”

“Yea, you are my hyung.”

“Height difference states the matter itself.” Seunghyun chuckled. “Grow at least an inch.”

“You need love to grow.. and don’t worry hyung. I will now grow tall because of Yoona’s love. I will be as tall as the trees.”

“Trees……” Seunghyun said in a slow manner, sensing the pain in his heart.

“Are you okay hyung?”

“Yes, I’m okay. I just can’t believe Kwon Jiyong is inlove already. Yah! Did you get her number already?” Seunghyun teased.

“You bet!” Jiyong replied proudly.

“Kwon Jiyong. You’re becoming too proud of yourself.” He smiled genuinely. “And Im Yoona.”

“How many times do I have to tell you, it’s KWON Yoona!” He corrected his hyung.

 

Jiyong keeps smiling. Both in his heart and mind.



 

 

YAAAAAAAAH! Chapter three everyone! Hope the G-Yoon shippers like the update! Thank you subscribers! You are totally awesome. And as I always say, don’t forget to leave your comments! ;)