Ten

Compared to Yesterday

 

Standing from where she was lying in for the past ten hours, Tiffany smiled as she stretch her hands out. She yawned peacefully like a little child would usually do. It has been a long time since Tiffany slept for like hours; blame her busy school schedule who just wrapped up in their very long and frustrating research paper. She started making the sign of the Cross, a sign of which faith abounds love. Tiffany never fails to connect herself with Father God every day even by just silently praying and praising the Lord God. After the thanksgiving prayer, she took a full bath, dressed herself in a long sleeved shirt; the sleeves were black and the rest of the shirt was gray. Tiffany complemented the look with a denim shorts while she left her red hair lying over her shoulders and her full bangs on as she grabbed her body bag. Before she knew it, she has already worn her black high-cut sneakers on.

 

It was a very good Saturday morning. Being on the third year level in Korea, the juniors are normally preparing for their college life and are starting to apply for universities. Tiffany is taking the Seoul National University College entrance examination today, and she knows Jiyong and Yoona have the same schedule days as hers, with the couple having the morning schedule and Tiffany for the afternoon schedule. Then again, she know how “out of place” she would feel if she were to join them. After the test, she decided to take her lunch alone the University Canteen. Despite being a High School girl, some students can’t help but to stare at her. Yes, she is pretty. She really is. Not that she care about them, she just ignored them. Her head was flying and was thinking of how will the prom work for her when someone tapped her from her back.

 

“HWANG MIYOUNGGGGGGGGGG!” Yoona retorted.

“Yah! I was surprised! I thought it was someone weird. And don’t call me Miyoung!!”

“Why? Don’t you want to be called by your Korean name?” Jiyong asked.

“No… not really.” She said bluntly looking at Yoona’s watch making her frustrated.

“Is that the time?”

“Yes. It’s 10 minutes to one in the afternoon.” Yoona replied.

“Gosh… I got to go!!!! Bye Ji…Yoong!!!!!” She left hurriedly.

Jiyong chuckled. “What is up with her?”

“Duuuh Jiyong it’s almost her entrance test.”


As mentioned earlier, Jiyong and Yoona already had their own entrance examination earlier in the morning. They don’t know if faith, destiny or even someone magical was working for them; they had the same exam room. For the past months of dating, Jiyong had never felt the urge to leave Yoona alone. She’s a big deal for him. He could literally wait forever for her. He has introduced her to his family too, they liked her as much as Yoona’s parent does with Jiyong. Everything is freaking perfect for them right now. He is just waiting for her to affirm it and make their relationship official.

 

To tell it all honestly, Jiyong has been waiting for like seven months already. He doesn’t care at all. No matter how long it will take her since they have this commitment. They sometimes fight, but one of them will always have the urge to ask forgiveness. They make things easy for theirselves. That is what she loved most about their relationship. Or should we say, commitment? She know she loves him way deep down her heart. She loves the way he is; even if he dye his hair weird colors. Even if he dresses better than her. Even if the quirky, Kwon Jiyong loves his dog Gaho more than his self. She admire him more than he does.

 

“Yoona… Yoona? Are you listening? I was telling you a story?”

 

She heard the snap of it. She knows he is telling him a story maybe about the experience he has encountered one of these days? Maybe a story from Seunghyun? Or just a random Gaho activity? She doesn’t know. All she did when he was listening was to stare into his eyes as hers sparkle and her heart beating really fast. She just want to lost herself in his powerful eyes. Even if Taeyeon’s pea pod doll fell out of their cover, she still would stare at him with those loving doe-eyes. She smiled and managed to reply though it was thirty seconds late. “What was it again?”

 

“Never mind… So about the prom…” His words were becoming whisper.

“What about the prom?” Yoona questioned him as she took a sip from her drink.

“I haven’t asked you formally if we could be partners.. You know…” He covered his face due to embarrassment. “Formal affirmation..”

She gave him a little smile. “Formal affirmation? There’s no need for that.”

“But don’t you think formal is good? Maybe some other guys would ask you for prom.”

“I will tell them I have my date already.”

Still not satisfied, he pouted. He smirked as a thought crossed his mind. “Get ready Yoong. I want the whole school to see my formal affirmation.”

“What ‘get ready’ are you talking about huh?”

He smirked as he continuously pat her head gently. “You’ll see…”

 


 

 

Seunghyun woke up a little late. Is twelve noon that ‘little’ late? Well take no as a ‘yes’ since Seunghyun is just like any other guys who loves sleeping. He took his brunch (breakfast and lunch) with his hair still messy. He looked like the most lazy person in the world. He then took a bath, dressed hisself in a long sleeved shirt; the sleeves were gray and the rest of the shirt was black. He paired the look with a little above the knee dirty white denim shorts while he left his hair some kind of messy. His problem was just whether he would trust his black or white high-cut sneakers. He’d obviously go for the black.

 

Tiffany and Seunghyun decided to meet just for a simple bonding time. Seunghyun was wearing a comfortable dress since it is summer. He was patiently waiting for Tiffany at the bookstore; checking his phone, looking outside the store windows to see if she was approaching near him. He did all of this, he was two hours early than the meeting time. He said he wanted to be early and was willing to wait for her even if she insist she will be late since it’s her dad’s check-up. He browsed some of Tiffany’s picture on his Blackberry phone and in a constant glance, he was sure he saw her outside approaching him shyly with a wide smile on her face.

 

 


 

 

Hi readers! Sorry for not updating too long. I was really busy. You know.. Grade 10 people these days.... BTW I missed you SoShibangers!! The little flashback above is a preview for the next one. Anyways, how was the update? It’s crappy isn’t it? =)) I had a little difficulty in writing since I haven’t written much these days.. I hope you would always bear with me.. I will update as much as I can. Okay? Take care everyone. <3 Comments!