9

A Love To Die For (Real Love)

Jin-Young’s point of view

Blinking, the entire studio blurs out as I stare into her deep brown eyes. “What are you doing here?” My mind asks silently. “What’s wrong?” Dong Woo whispers secretly as Baro began his solo rap. “N-nothing,” I mutter, remembering that I was in the middle of a live show. “I can’t be distracted now.” Shutting down my thoughts, I force myself to break from her gaze and move to the other side of the stage, singing my part without fail. “Don’t think about it. Don’t think about it!” Chanting to myself, I try to convince myself to focus, but it was impossible as I kept catching myself searching for her.

As the song comes to an end, I scan the same spot where she had been earlier, to realize that she was gone. Only her long haired friend was screaming and cheering by herself. Climbing down the backstage stairs, I tilt my head in confusion. “Where’d she go?” Wiping my face with a towel, my thoughts are too cluttered to hear anything the other members were saying.

……………………………………………………………………………………………..

Ji-eun’s point of view

“Is this a joke?” I exclaim as I rush out of the studio and into the empty lobby front. “He…he’s an idol?” Remembering now what he had said at the hotel, it began to make sense. “Sports car, arrogant attitude and good looks…of course he’s a celebrity.” Sighing, my damp skin felt good against the fresh air compared to the hot stickiness in the studio. “I can’t believe I actually saw him again.” I say, not believing my bad luck. “And Jinwoo…he surprised me.” Blushing, my cheeks feel warm recalling the way he looked at me. “You surprised me too.” A voice says from behind. Turning around, my eyes grow wide to see a tall boy in black standing before me. “Jinwoo…” Unable to say a thing, I bite my lip. “I didn’t think you would come.” He continues. “Of course, I was hoping you would though. You don’t know how happy I was to see you there.” Bashful, he brushes his fingers through his hair and laughs awkwardly.

“Oh! You guys were here.” Yuri joins us, escaping the loud clapping inside. “Jinwoo, how romantic of you to confess to Ji-eun like that.” She teases. “You knew?” I ask in disbelief. Sticking out her tongue, she nods happily. “Of course! Why else would I try so hard to make you come? Jinwoo, you owe me big time. You don’t even know how hard it was to pluc-“ Grabbing her, I cover . “Do you want to die?” I whispering, threatening with a smile.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Jin Young’s point of view

Existing the studio through the backdoor, me and the members climb down the stairs to the parking garage when Gong Chan exclaims in excitement. “My heart was beating so fast when Jinwoo Hyung did his solo. His confession was so cool!” Nodding, Dong Woo climbs into the van. “I wonder what the girl looks like. She must be gorgeous if Jinwoo fell for her.” About to get in the car, I freeze when Sandeul points to something. “Isn’t that him?” Turning around, my eyes grow wide as I recognize Ji-Eun standing besides Jinwoo. “Oh! I think that’s her!” Baro whispers as all the members try to sneak a peek.

“I’ll be back.” Closing the door on their faces, I walk towards Ji-eun and Jinwoon.  Engaged in conversation, I grit my teeth at the sight of her giggling and laughing. “What are you doing here?” Spinning around, she steps back, taken aback by my presence. “You!” She points in half anger and surprise. “You know each other?” Jinwoo asks as I glare at her. “Answer my question! Why are you here?” I demand, grabbing her wrist.

“What does that have to do with you?” She replies, trying to pull away. Grabbing harder, I remain my grip. “Are you a stalker now?” I laugh sarcastically. “Did I leave that much of an impression on you that you had to come looking for me?” Scoffing, she tugs her wrist back, successfully breaking my hold. “The only impression I have of you is a spoiled rotten jerk that has been pampered too long and babied too often. As for being here, even though it doesn’t concern you, I’m here because of Jinwoo.” Suddenly, an icy pain cuts at my insides. “ Jinwoo?” I repeat, switching my gaze to him.

“Let’s go.” She pulls his arm towards the automatic doors. Leaving me standing in the parking lane, I clench my fists in unstable mixed emotion.

 Anger… Annoyance… Jealousy.

 

       

 ...........................................................................  

Ji-eun’s point of view

“The nerve of that guy!” Crossing my arms, I breathe in deeply, trying to calm down. “Jinyoung can be a bit much…how do you know him?” He asks in curiosity. “I don’t know him. Did you say his name is Jin Young?” I say, solving the mystery of his name. Nodding, his eyes widen. “You didn’t even know his name?” Nodding, I uncross my arms. “I told you. I don’t know him. He’s just some bad luck I’ve run in to recently.“ Suddenly laughing, I stare in surprise at Jinwoo’s amused expression. “Bad luck? I’ve never see you so worked up about someone before.” Taking a moment, I take into account of what he said. “I don’t know. There’s just something I don’t like about him. Whenever I see him I feel uncomfortable and strange.” I finalize.  Raising an eyebrow, he leans against the wall. “Then whatis he to you?” Taking a second, I think about it. Finding the perfect word, I smirk. “My enemy.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Jin Young’s point of view

Refusing to answer the members’ constant questions, I remain irritated and frustrated the entire way home. “Jin Young hyung…who was that girl?” Baro ask again for the tenth time. Remaining silent, he pouts as he retreats into the kitchen. Entering my room, I sigh as I sit down on my bed. “What’s her relationship to him?” I ask myself, the image of her holding his arm printed on my mind. “Who is he that she can just touch like that?” Biting my lip, I stare at my reflection in the full body mirror.  “Jin Young, why do you even care?” Waiting for any answer, I am disappointed when I am unable to respond. “Why do I care? “ Confused and conflicted, I hold Dong-Dong in my hands, wondering why my heart wouldn’t stop racing.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Dong Woo’s point of view

“That definitely had to be her….” I say to myself as I open a cold bottle of water. “She has to be the reason why Jin Young was so upset yesterday.” Snapping my fingers, I realize something. “She’s the one that he confused at Choi Byeul Yee.” Smiling to myself, I replace the bottle back into the refrigerator. “What are you babbling about?” Jin Young questions, his hair wet from showering. Holding back my laughter, I shake my head. “Nothing important.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Ji-Eun’s point of view

As we enter the hospital entrance, I unbuckle my seat belt. “Thanks for taking me back.” About to open the door, Jinwoo grabs my hand. “Wait…” Taken aback, I stare into his gentle and embarrassed eyes. “About today, what I said at the concert…I meant it.” A long second passes before he continues. “You don’t have to give me an answer right away. Take your time.” Just then, Dr. Noh appears from the revolving doors, waving at us. Nodding, I hesitant before responding. “I…I’ll see you later.”

Closing the door, my cheeks began to feel warm as Dr. Noh joins my side. “Oho! Jinwoo? It’s been ages.” Agreeing, the two exchange greetings before Jinwoo drives off. “Did you have a good time?” Dr. Noh places a hold on my shoulder. “Yeah… it was interesting.” Satisfied, he smiles and leads me back inside. “Great, then we can proceed with a bunch of tests today, right?” Even if he was joking, for the first time, I was looking forward to doing something that’ll take my mind off things… things like Jinwoo’s confession and Jin-Young’s constant bombardment in my life.”