5

A Love To Die For (Real Love)

 

Ji-eun's point of view

 

As each car passes, I anticipate if it is for me, waiting eagerly to just be disappointed when they either drive by or another person waves towards it. Sighing, I shuffle my feet out of boredom when the soft purr of an approaching car catches my attention. Coming into the valet, a black mercedes slowly comes to a stop. Surprised, I stare at the black tinted windows in wonderment. Then suddenly, the window slides down as a handsome boy in a suit and tie gazes at me. 

 

"Get in." His eyes, a dark brown was mystifying. Caught off guard, my feet remain frozen to the ground. Raising an eyebrow, his words have a sarcastic tone. "Do I have to open the door for you too?" Slowly, my body unthaws and I stutter. "N-no. I got it." Carefully opening the door, I slip inside, my fingers touching the cold leather interior. Driving out of the hospital, I steal a glance at his pretty face, feeling a bit strange. 

 

……………………………………………………….

 

Jin-Young's point of view

 

Peeking whenever she was looking away, I studied her face. Small nose, high cheek bones, and big eyes, it was true that she was pretty…but it wasn't the womanly seductive image I had imagined. She is just a girl. 

 

"Idol Killer?" I think to myself, unconvinced. "But still…" My chest for some weird reason, was beating faster then usual. " She is cute, I guess." 

 

………………………………………………………….

 

Ji-eun's point of view

 

There was something strange about him. Glancing whenever he wasn't looking, I began to notice how young he seemed to be to have a job like a driver. "Perhaps my age? or eighteen?" I think to myself. "Didn't usually drivers open the door for their passengers?" I wonder, remembering seeing something like that in a drama. 

 

Suddenly the ringing of the boy's cellphone breaks the silence. Glancing at the screen while making a left, he clicks his tongue in annoyance. "What does he want again?" Muttering, he removes the battery and tosses it behind him in the back seat. Startled by this, I fidget in my dress. Even though his features were princely, his attitude seemed a bit off. 

 

………………………………………………………….

 

Jin-Young's point of view

 

"Versace?" I ask nonchalantly, recognizing the expensive dress she is wearing. Confused, she looks at me if I had just spoke in chinese. "Excuse me?" Her naive voice did not fool me as I understood what tactic she is using. So she is going to pretend that she isn't materialistic? 

 

"Your clothes, it seems you have quite luxurious taste." Looking down at herself, she shrugs. " I don't really shop much so Im not too familiar with brand names." Biting my lip, I hold back a scoff. "What a fake!"  Laughing in my mind, I refused to believe that a wealthy daughter such as her "didn't care for brand names." Looking at her shoes, I roll my eyes as I recognize it being the newest Prada design. 

 

"She's really try hard to impress me." Perhaps this is how she got all those other idols. Displaying a fake persona, she pretended her way into their arms. "Shall I scare her a little bit?" Smiling villainously to myself, I make a sharp turn, heading the opposite way of the  restaurant. "Where are we going?" She questions, holding onto the edge of her chair. "Somewhere you'll be very familiar with." 

 

………………………………………………………...

 

Ji -eun's point of view

 

Driving dangerously fast, I clench my fists in fright. "What the heck is wrong with this guy?" There is almost a crazy expression in his grin. "What place I'll be familiar with? Aren't we going to the restaurant?" He remained silent, ignoring my questions. Sighing, I stare out on the darkening road, wondering what I had gotten myself into. 

 

…………………………………………………………

 

After what seemed forever, we finally arrive to some sort of unfamiliar resort, the entrance filled with lavish decorations such as golden rails and huge fountains. Looking around, my mouth gaps open when my eyes grow wide. "This is!" I begin when he parks the car in front of the valet and gets out. Walking around the car, he opens my door and pull me out painfully by the wrist. "Hey, what-" Dragging me along, I clumsily follow behind, entering the five star hotel. Using all my might, I shake off his hand, panting with frustration. "What's wrong?" He smirks evilly. "Isn't this what you wanted?" He laughs darkly. 

 

"This is a hotel! Why would I want to go to a hotel?" I bark angrily. "Isn't this where you take all your men?" Eye widening, words are unable to come out of my mouth. "Oh don't look so shocked. You didn't really think I wouldn't know about your little reputation as the Idol Killer?" Chuckling, he touches his lip and comes close to me. "Would you like to show me exactly what your five second kiss is all about?…Mrs. Choi Byeul Yee."

 

"Wait, who?" I back away from his hold. "Choi Byeul Lee?" Confused, my head was spinning. For the first time, his furious gaze softens and stares at me earnestly. "Your….not my fiancee?" He says, surprise and shock in his voice. "Fiancee? I'm not your fiancee! Im Lee Ji-eun. You aren't my driver to Yuri's party?" 

 

…………………………………………………………

 

Jin-Young's point of view

 

Raising an eyebrow, I scoff. "As if I would be anybody's driver." Then realizing what is going on, I sigh in frustration. "Crap! I picked up the wrong girl." Placing a finger to my temple, I close my eyes. "I can't believe this!" She gasps. "If you not the driver then that means I got in the wrong car? With a weird person like you?" She yells. "Weird?" I open my eyes, glaring at her angry expression. "Who are you calling weird? You flat chested kid!" Panting in anger, the only sound is the grinding of our teeth. "It's your fault," I blame. "Why did you get in a car in the first place?" Pointing at her, I step closer. 

 

Backing up, she stutters. "H-how is it my fault? I just thought you were my driver, besides! You were the one that said to get in!" She defended. "That's because you're wearing purple!" Tilting her head, she stares at me as if I had gone crazy. 

 

"Forget it. Why do I have to explain myself to someone like you?." Crossing my arms, Ji-eun shakes her head and heads towards the reception desk. "You're going to get a room?" I ask in amazement. Scoffing, she laughs. "As if! There is no way im staying another second with a bad mannered play boy that can't even recognize his own fiancee. I'm going to ask for the phone." Following her, I lean against the counter as she speaks to the receptionist. The lady presses the number for a taxi as we wait. "You don't have a cellphone?"

 

"I don't have the money for something like that." She says simply, refusing to look at me. So she wasn't lying before. Just want kind of girl her age doesn't find use in a cellphone?

 

"The taxi is waiting outside miss." The lady informs her as she thanks her. "Wait a second. Where are you going?" Entering the taxi, Ji-eun turns her head towards me. "That doesn't concern you." Pursing my lip, I block her from closing the door. "You should be grateful that you got to be with someone like me. Not many people get that kind of luck, meeting the leader of B1A4." 

 

Rolling her eyes, she glares at me. "B1A4, B4A1, whatever that is, I don't give a damn. A rude jerk like you deserved to get slapped on the face." Slamming the door, I step aside, shocked. 

 

Blinking repeatedly, I felt stunned. "She…she just told me off." Watching the silver taxi roll out, she disappears into the trees as I watch from behind, wondering why my heart was beating so rapidly.