Acceptance

Secret Love

YOUR POV

The schedule for school today is quite fun. A lot of teachers were absent today as they had to attend a meeting in Penang. All of our subject teachers were replaced by substitutes, who were only fresh graduates from Malaysian Universities. Since there were so many free periods, I just practically chit chatted with my buddies and finish some storybooks, not to mention some time left for revision.

"ATTENTION TO THE STUDENT NAMED HYE JIN, PLEASE PROCEED TO THE OFFICE NOW. THANK YOU." the speaker announced. Did they just called me? I hope it's not for something lame like: "You've been late to school." Well, that's actually no excuse for saying I'm late. I'm always punctual.~hahah~

As I made my way to the principal's office, there was a loud shriek followed by several noises, going "REALLY!" I entered and all I saw was 5 teachers ( My Biology, Chemistry, Physics teachers, as well as the head of departments and the school principal) examining a piece of information. I looked at them, and said, "Erm, Teachers, did the speaker just call me?" "Yes, Hye Jin, come here, we need to show you something." I approached the small crowd as I was a bit taken aback by my teachers' expressions. My Biology teacher, especially, was SMILING,,,could you believe that? She always give me the "Hey, you owed me money," kind of face. But here she is, along with my other teachers, giving out her smiles generously.

"Look at this." Miss Julk, the Physics teacher said. I looked at the paper on the office table, and was going CUCKOO after that..

DEAR APPLICANT,

WE ARE VERY DELIGHTED TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE SUCCESSFULLY ACCEPTED INTO THE SEOUL HIGH SCHOOL IN SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA. THANK YOU FOR APPLYING FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP AND WE HOPE YOU WOULD GIVE A POSITIVE REPLY. THE FOLLOWING ATTACHES AN AIR TICKET WITH A BROCHURE SUPPLIED BY THE SOUTH KOREA GOVERNMENT. WE SINCERELY HOPE THAT YOU WOULD TAKE INTEREST IN THIS OFFER AND GO FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP.

REGARDS,

SEOUL HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL,

MRS HEECHUL

I looked at the paper, and at the teacher repeatedly. They were all nodding their heads, agreeing to what am I going to say next. Suddenly, my adrenalines just pumped up and I was jumping so high in the air that I couldn't feel anything else but happiness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"FLIGHT TO SOUTH KOREA, BOARDING IN 10 MINUTES." With that cue, I was already in the line, waiting to board the MS-1829 plane to South Korea. I can't really believe that I am going there on a scholarship basis. This is such a good sight to behold~!!! My parents and my siblings were waving their hands vigorously, and my sister shouting, "SIS!!! Don't forget to say hi to my Young Jae if you see him!!!!!" I nodded with sincerity and waved them goodbye. I kept breathing in and out, trying to calm myself down, as I prepared for the most amazing thing that's ever happend in my life- Studying in South Korea.