Work

One touch, and already fallen for you.

 

 

"You can make a child's day brighter by just smiling."
 
 
Once you arrived home, you quickly made a small, but filling snack for Kai and Jaehyun before heading out for work. You have worked in a child centre for half a year already.
 
 
Working in a child centre may be your favourite work out of all the works out there that you've tried. Without changing, you dashed out the door, "Bye oppa! Bye Jaehyun!" 
 
 
Before you could shut the door, Jaehyun yelled, "Be carefull! We'll pick you up at seven!" You smiled and shut the door. 
 
 
You looked at your phone to check the time - 4:00pm.
 
 
Your eyes widened, "I'm late!" You sprinted as fast as you could to the child centre and swiftly passed by people. You turned to a corner and accidently bumped into a group of boys.
 
 
You couldn't see their faces properly, since it was getting dark by the minute, "What the-"
 
 
D.O smiled, "Don't worry about it." The four idiots were walking around the streets, looking for a dukkbokki stand to eat at. You bowed at them, "Sorry!" You called out and continued running for your life.
 
 
Suho cocked his head to the side, "Hey, did you see her name tag?" He asked as he watched your back fading slowly. Chanyeol shrugged, "I don't know, why?"
 
 
Suho furrowed his eyebrows together, "Is it just me, or did I read 'Kim ~~~~' on the name tag?" Baekhyun's ears percked up, "But didn't Kai say that was his cousin's name?"
 
 
D.O's eyes widened, "Should we chase after her too?!" Sehun came from behind with an annoyed, "Hyung, let's just go eat some food." The maknae swiftly dragged his hyungs away from the road and found a dukkbokki stand.
 
 
Before it turned 4:10, you slammed the door open and breathed heavily. The workers in the child centre stopped and looked towards you, "~~~~-ah!" Sulli quickly caught you before you could topple over.
 
 
Amber, Victoria, Krystal and Luna came over and helped you up, "What were you doing? You could've hurt yourself, pabo!" Amber lightly scolded, wearing her girly apron with a boy style hair.
 
 
"I..was running here.. I wasn't late, was I?" You huffed. Victoria lightly pushed your forehead, "You're never late." All the girls giggled, "PABO!" You gave out a laugh and nodded, "Okay. Time for work!"
 
 
You grabbed your apron from a basket and put it on.
 
 
 
 
The girls went back to their groups of children that they had to take care of while you stopped in front of a door with a bunny printed in the middle. You opened the door and revealed the group of 3 year olds, quietly playing by themselves. This, was your 'homeroom' group.
 
 
"Babies, I'm here!" You smiled brightly as the kids gave you attention, "It's ~~~~ noona!"  "She's back!"  "We missed you!!"
 
 
You laughed, bent over and hugged each and everyone of them, "I missed you too. How was your summer holidays?" You asked, just like a teacher, "AWESOME!" They yelled out with such cute, squeaky voices. 
 
 
You laughed once more and started organizing the room while playing with them.
 
 
 
 
"Noona?" Sechan, a quiet 3 year old who loves you just like a mother asked. You turned to him, "Yes baby?" You call all the children you have to take care of, 'baby'. 
 
 
Sechan nervously played with his short, soft fingers, "Uhm.. how was your holidays?" He looked up with such adorable eyes that anyone could say yes to. You softened. You bent down to fit his height and softly his shiny hair, "It was really fun. How about yours, Sechan?" 
 
 
Sechan pouted, "It was really bad." He frowned as his shoulders slumped down even further. Your furrowed your eyebrows, *Did something bad happen over the holidays?* "Why? Tell me what happened and I'll make you feel better." You soothed.
 
 
Sechan looked away with pink cheeks, "It was boring because you weren't there to play with me.." A smile crept up your face, *How cute!* 
 
 
You took his hand and overlapped it with your other hand, "Sechan, we can play all we want now, can't we?" You winked, earning a wide smile from Sechan. He nodded, wrapped his short arms around your neck and squeazed it, "Thank you noona! You're the best!" 
 
 
You smiled and watched him smile even wider than before.
 
 
----------
 
 
I swear Sehun will come out in the next chapter! (:
 
 
- littleasianswagger