Changes

One Night Stand

-Taemin’s POV-
I wasn’t sure of what to expect from Kyuhyun, I mean..I wasn’t even able to face him when it came time to part ways. I just thought that I would be able to clear my conscience but Minho had other plans for us. 

“Hey, is there something bothering you?” He murmured, his hands slipping around my waist. We were relaxing at his home, his phone flashing with the name “Wookie”. My eyes pinched closed as I sighed heavily, reclining against his chest as my breathing slowed. I shifted to rest my head on his shoulder, noting that his plump lips were pursed together. I smile softly and place a faint kiss against those lips. 

“I just feel bad for..well, for splitting you up. And well, you know, did you ever figure out what was going on with him? And the doctor?” I saw as Minho’s expression darkened, my breathing become a little jagged as I thought of all the possibilities. I shifted awkwardly in his arms, the guilt washing over me anew. Minho probably sensed the change in my attitude, his arms held me firmly against him, his voice slowly speaking in my ear.

“I made this choice on my own when I met you in the club that night. I knew that you were the one I had been looking for. Our relationship was bound to end..we-- we had been broken for awhile.” He heaved s heavy sigh, eyes glazing over for a moment as he relived a distant memory before he snapped back. “What about you? I broke up your relationship as well.” I bit my lower lip, pulling away for a moment as I spoke softly.

“He was a bit too controlling for my taste. And his jokes were getting a little old..besides he seemed to have taken a liking to your-- I mean Ryeowook.” Minho smirked, a little bitterly, his arms slipping from around my waist as his eyes clouded slightly. 

“I bet that's why he was acting so weird. I couldn't have been the only one who..” He looked at me for a moment before nodding. I understood. He sighed and laid back on the couch we had been sitting on, a soft thudding echoed around the room. I crawled onto his figure, resting my head on his chest. 

“Do you think we did what's right? Eh, hyung?” I bit my lip that had been trembling slightly since the start of the conversation, a part of me feeling rather pathetic. I may have taken a dead man’s boyfriend. Or..well, stolen his only true love. I sighed and looked up to my newfound lover, seeing that he had recovered his phone, reading the message from Ryeowook. His face looked rather grim as he handed me the phone. 

“Read this and tell me what you think.” I blinked slowly and looked at the phone that had been placed into my hands. He motioned for me to look with a flick of his hand, resting his head on his arm which he had propped up. 

“From: Ryeowook
To: Minho

'Ah so..you broke up with me for Taemin, eh? I would have found it better if I didn't have to figure this out with his boyfriend and had heard it from your own lips. I can't say that I'm not disappointed, and I can't say that I'm going to be happy for you. I'm sorry if being with me was a burden and I'm sorry if this message wasn't something you wanted. Please delete this number and forget that we ever happened. Goodbye Minho. We had fun..'”  I felt my breath hitch as my teeth dug into my lower lip once again. I winced and wiggled unhappily in Minho’s lap.

“Ryeowook is a lot of things..but he's not stupid. He knows that we were heading for ruins and now I have found my happiness. I doubt he'd let that get away from me. He may not be happy but he still cares for me.” He closed his eyes and sighed softly, rubbing his closed eyes with his thumb and forefinger roughly. I tossed the phone aside and laughed on top of him fully, a small pout on my lips. 

“I don't want to..think or talk about our exes for awhile. Why don't we go out somewhere? Just the two of us?” Minho opened his eyes and smiled, the gentleness returning to his features as he gives my lowerback a light pat. 

“If you really want to, why don't we go to the restaurant where we were finally reunited again?” I perk up and nod, a smile nearly splitting my face into two. He chuckled and slipped his hand lower, firmly groping my firm in it before giving it a light pat as well. “Go get dressed then. I can't have you going out in boxers, no matter how cute you look.” I flushed softly and nodded, shuffling off to the back room to scrounging the floor for my discarded ripped black jeans. Upon finding them, I find my cell in the back pocket. I perk up seeing a few messages from Key umma before feeling my breath catch as I see message from Kyuhyun. 

“.” I cursed softly, shoving my phone into my pocket without opening the message. I shake my head to clear my head, shuffling back into the living room with Minho. “Are you ready?” I cocked my head to the side, lips pursed as I notice Minho’s figures not on the couch. I shrug for a moment before shuffling over to the door, tugging on my black boots. I wonder if I've made the right choice..I mean..we're all cheaters here so, what stops him from cheating on me? And vice versus? How do I know we got each other's back? How--

“Boo.” I jump back and squeak as Minho steps back, a wide. smirk on his lips. “You've gotta stop being so serious! Let's just go out and have fun, as you wanted.” I take a deep breath and no my head, a soft smile replacing the thin line that had been there earlier. 

“Let's go then. I'm starving.” 

-No One’s POV-
Taemin and Minho were in for quite the surprise as the two couples are both headed towards the same destination. Fate seems to want to play for keeps. How do they know they can trust the other when they couldn't trust one another before? What is it that they each are looking for?