The start of a friendship

Strong against pain

 

 

[morning ~]

"Aishh" You looked at  yourself in the mirror and realised that the bruise on your thigh has gotten larger and more obvious. You went to get changed into your school uniform and wore leggings to hide the bruise. You took out the bandages that covered your scratches and applied some foundation to lighten the look of the scratches.

"Jungie-ah, you have to wake up for school~"

"ahh noona, it's still early" DongJung covered his face with the blanket.

"Yah, if you not wake up, you won't get Noona's special omelet breakfast!"

At the sound of omelet breakfast, Donjung jumped out of his bed and rushed to wash up and get ready. You giggled at how you could easily coax him with food.

You walked down the stairs to prepare breakfast when you saw Appa lying on the sofa, leg kicked up and snoring. You tip toed to the kitchen, not wanting to get another bruise in the morning and prepared omelet breakfast. You packed them up just in time when Dongjung entered the kitchen.

"Noona! Let's eat now!"

"Shhhh…" You pointed to Appa, who was still snoring away on the sofa.

The both of you quickly went out of the house and out to the streets. You dropped DongJung at the kindergarden and headed to Woollim High.

 

As you were crossing the street, you saw infinite sitting by the rotunda, dancing and laughing about. You were comtemplating on walking up to them to see Woohyun oppa but then again, you realised you were barely even friends with them, whats more, they were kingkas and you were just one of the average girls.

"Song Eun-ah!" You heard Jieun call you.

You waved at them and walked up to them.

"I like your hair today" Jieun said

You smiled. You had curled your hair slightly so it would cover the scratches on your upper arm near your shoulder.

"Come one guys, let's get to class before the bell rings!" Suji said and pulled both of your up the stairs into the school building.

 

You took your seat by the wall and turned around, just to check if Woohyun was there yet.

Sigh~ Woohyun and infinite were probably still hanging out outside, you thought.

"Song Eun-ah" Jieun winked at you, realising you were getting a bit down when you realised Woohyun wasn't behind you yet.

"Yes?" You tried to act blur, trying to hide your blush.

Both Suji and Jieun went to sit around your table and started the girls talk - guys.

Suji liked Sungyeol since last year and Jieun started to have a crush on Sunggyu just recently. All three of you knew the chances of dating a Kingka was like 1 out of a million, but still, feelings are hard to control.

"Did you see Sunggyu oppa just now? He was dancing like a pro at the rotunda, kya~~" Jieun put her hands on her cheeks and spazzed in excitement.

"Sungyeol oppa dances cooler than that, did you see that cool kick move her did? Omygoshh!" Suji practically melted in her seat.

You smiled  at them both. Infinite was hot. The whole school knew it, but you didn't just fall for his looks, you fell for his cute personality 3 years ago. Woohyun oppa was just the guy you wanted to date.

"Song Eun-ah, we know you checked out Woohyun too!" The both of them squealed together.

"Yah, I just peeked to see what they were doing that’s all.." You said, hoping they wouldn't realise you were just as spazzy as them on the inside.

The bell rang and Mr Choi entered the class, he started on his usual rambling about school attire. Then, infinite walked in to class, late as usual.

"Good morning Mr Choi, mianhe" Woohyun gave an awkward grin to Mr Choi and headed to the seat behind you while the rest of infinite strolled to their places at the back of the class.

[later]

After 3 hours of continuous lessons, you were getting tired and sleepy. You slumped your body, hugging your arms around your body and placed your head sideways on the table. Just letting my eyes take a break, you thought. Before you knew it, you fell asleep.

~

You felt something softly hitting your head and slowly opened your eyes.

"Ms Lee Song Eun, answer question 9 please."

You jerked upright and pretended to be thinking when Woohyun slid a piece of paper down your chair. He tapped your back and pointed to the note. Opening it, you saw the answer to question 9.

"Erm.. Its x to the power of 2 y"

"Thank you Ms Lee, now please pay attention class……"

Phew, you were this close to getting a lecture for sleeping in class…

It was finally break time and your stomach was rumbling for food. You turned around to see woohyun getting up to follow infinite.

"ahh, woohyun-shi"

He turned around "Hmm?"

"Thanks, for just now" You gave him a smile but dared not look into his eyes and quickly ran off to find your friends. While running out the door, you heard Woohyun shouting

"You're welcome, Song Eun-shi!"

You stopped and turned around and saw Woohyun standing at the door of the classroom, waving to you. You waved back shyly and ran off to the cafeteria.

 

[school over]

You left the school compound and headed off to the childcare to pick DongJung up. As you walked home with DongJung, you noticed the gate to your house wide open. People were coming in and out of your house, carrying the sofa, tv set and dining table out. You rushed in and saw your Omma standing in the middle of the living room, watching the people take away the furniture.

"Omma, wh-what's going on?"

"We just don't have enough money okay?"

You brought DongJung upstairs and went back down to try and settle things with your Omma.

"Omma, where have you been these few day? Dongjung doesn't even get to see you anymore."

Your Omma let out a sigh, and ignored your question.

"Omma?"

She continued to wear her heels and grab a luggage along with her.

"I'm going to America for a while."

With that, she left the house and into a cab that had been waiting outside.

You stood there in shock, not understanding what just happened, the living room was empty without the furniture and your mother barely explained anything to you. You leaned back onto the wall, lifted your head and closed your eyes. You tried to recall when you were younger, living in this house, happily, with both your parents playing with you and caring for you.

"Why?" You asked softly.

You sat down, leaning on the wall and put your heads over your head. Just then, your Appa came in. He looked around as if expecting the living room to be empty. You watched where he was going, he went into the kitchen to find more beer. He appeared out of the kitchen and walked toward you, you stared at him, daring him with your eye to hit you. He glared straight at you, kicking you in the rib, causing you to squirm in pain. You crouched to the side, holding on to yourself.

"Get out, get me more beer." He ordered you.

You pushed  yourself up, leaning a against the wall. He slapped you hard on the arm and hurried you out. You got out of the house and walked along the streets, not wanting to buy beer for him, not wanting to return home at all. The thought of running away crossed your mind. You could stay at Jieun or Suji's house for a while, get a job and rent an apartment. Then you thought of DongJung. You couldn't leave him.

 

You entered a minimart, it was already 11pm and there was almost no customers, except for one guy at the drinks section. You walked over to the drinks section, toward where the cans of beer were. As you slowly approached the drinks,

"Song Eun-shi"

You turned around, and right behind you was Woohyun. You stepped back, shocked that Woohyun was there, standing so close to you.

"shocked to see me?"

"Ahh, no, just, erm.." You tried to make up an excuse

"hehe, so, what are you doing here at this hour of the day?" Woohyun looked at you with his eyebrows raised slightly, making your heart flip.

"Getting beer for my Appa.. Why are you here?"

"I was running out of shampoo actually.."

You looked at Woohyun questioningly

"I live alone."

"ahh.."

Woohyun smiled at you and helped you carry the beer to the cashier. After both of you paid for the items, Woohyun walked with you outside.

"So where do you live? I can walk you home"

You were shocked at his kindness, half wanting to walk with him yet half not wanting him find out how your father was like.

"It's alright, I can just.."

"I cant let a you just walk home alone, its midnight and its dangerous. And, this is heavy." He took the bag from your hands and carried the beer for you.

"Thanks." You softly said, still feeling shy around him.

The walk back home was quiet and awkward, with you not knowing what to say and him just asking you random questions about your family that you tried to avoid.

"So, your father sent to out to buy him beer at this time?"

"err, yeah.."

Thankfully, you reached your house and escaped his pushing questions.

"Thank you so much, Woohyun-shi"

"call me oppa."

"Thank you woohyun oppa" You gave him a small smile and he gave you a pat before waving you goodbye.

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hope you all don't get too bored with the intro, just have to make some sort of relationship happen first before there can be fluffs!

I can't wait to write fluff! <3

Hope you all will enjoy this fic! ^^