Let It Go

Player Player

Jumi POV:

 

I could hear them talking downstairs over the phone. What happened as a quiet conversation escalated into a raging battle.

"I ONLY ASKE-"

"WHY AR-"

"IT'S NONE OF YO-"

"FINE"

Then I heard the phone slam and my mom's sobs. I knew I should be the one to help her in this situation..., but how could I comfort her about lost love, when my own heart needed comforting as well. 

I turned my focus to my room. There were broken glass shards lying hazardously around the room and everything was disoriented. The spot on my foot was even bruising quite nicely. 

With a heavy sigh I began cleaning it up.

I grabbed my garbage can and began picking up the stuffed animal Josh had gotten me from the carvinal. 

 

(flashback)

"I can win that for you," Josh said in your ear.

You were waiting for him and hadn't seen him arrive.

A smile spread across your face. "You can NOT," you , "and I don't want it, I already have you!" You locked your fingers with his and lead him away to ride your favorite ride at the carnival, the ferris wheel.

**

When Josh dropped you off at your house later that night, he pulled the stuffed panda from behind his back. 

"Ta-dah!" He smiled, " I told you I could win it for you!"

A huge grin spread across your face as you reached for the panda.

"Ah, ah, ah," Josh said as he pulled the stuffed animal from your reach, "I think I deserve an apology, Jessica." 

You pulled a face. "Fine, I apologize...Can I have the panda now?" You smiled and reached for it again.

"Not so fast," he said as he pulled the panda out of your reach again, "close your eyes. I want to give it to you properly!"

You closed your eyes...and he pressed his lips against yours.

You gasped, but before you could react any other way he pulled away.

"Here's your panda....panda," he said as he smiled and drove away.

You stood there, on your driveway, touching your lips and smiling to yourself.

(end flashback)

 

I quickly threw the panda into the open garbage bag. He wasn't a part of me anymore. I don't need him. I don't need his memories, our memories. I clutched my heart as the thorn twisted painfully again. 

*knock knock*

I quickly cleared the clutter from around the door and opened it just enough for my mom to see me.

"Yeh, Umma?"

"Jumi-ah, your dad will meet you at the airport this Saturday at 1 PM to pick you up for Korea. You better get started packing," my mom told me with downcast eyes. Then she slowly walked downstairs. She looked worn and I could tell that even hearing Dad's voice hurt her. And to make matters worse, they had just yelled after a year of not having talking.  'Looks like my whole family is cursed in love,' I thought bitterly as I shut my door.

I went back to cleaning after that, grabbing large pieces of glass and putting it in the trash. As a grabbed for the last piece, I sliced my finger open. 

"Ah," I gasped and pulled my hand back. Tears welled up in my eyes. 'Damn you. Damn you Josh. And you too Joanne. Damn friends. DAMN LIFE!'

I took the large piece of glass and stared at it with blurred vision. 'Do I matter in this world anymore? Am I of any use to anyone? Just a plaything?' I squeezed the glass shard and winced as it bit into my skin. 

'Damn my heart,' I thought before I passed out