Take Off!

Player Player

Jumi POV:

 

My mom woke me up the next morning and drove me to the airport as promised. I had stayed up last night pack because I had gotten home around 11 PM. 'I shouldn't have stayed out so late,' I groaned in my mind right when my mom said, "you stayed up late last night didn't you?"

I sleeply nodded my head as we both walked through the airport to meet up with Dad.

"Jumi-ah!" I heard the familiar voice from across the airport. It was Dad.  "Look at you! How much you've grown! And your...hair..?" He said the last bit with some confusion but pulled me into an embrace anyway.

He looked stiffly at Mom. "Eunhae-ah."

My mom, equally stiff replied, "Sung Jo," while nodding. 

It stayed silent until my dad coughed into his hand. "I...uh...I'll take good care of her," my dad said while looking at the floor. 

"I...I know," Mom almost whispered.

I looked at the both of them. Glancing from the man to the woman, woman to man...'this is the price of love.'...

Then the intercom saved my family from any more awkward by clicking on and announcing that my flight was now at the gate. It was time to say goodbye to my mom.

 

"Annyong umma, take care okay? Don't eat too much take out, it's not good for you." I said as I pulled her into a hug, "I'll miss you."

"Aigoo, my baby-ah...you're going to be so far away from me," my mom said as she hugged me tightly, "who will tell me not to leave the stove on?" 

We both laughed as we pulled away from the hug. My parents awkwardly stared at each other again, no knowing how to greet each other.

"Appa, Umma, just say goodbye! Appa and I are going to be late for our flight!" I looked at my phone and up at the departure list. 'WE HAVE TO GO NOWW.'

"GROUP HUG," I yelled as I squished the three of us together. Then I promptly took my suitcase and carry on towards the gate. "Appa COME ONNN!~"

I looked back to see my dad in shock and my mom nervously looking away. "Bye Umma!" I yelled before disappearing in gates.

Dad wasn't too far behind.

**

(on the plane)

 

When Dad bought the tickets to our seats he said that we were pretty close to each other. Only a seat away he said. He was 12G and I was 12I. Only, when we got on the plane he realized that "pretty close to each other" meant there was the walkway that divided us AND another seat. I internally giggled at his happenings. He didn't seem to happy though

**

 

(still plane)

Soon all the passengers were seated and the plane started to go down the runway. Dad's seat was in the middle of the plane, but I was in a window seat and got to see everything as it went by. 

**

 

Key POV

I was going to finally go back to Korea this year. My parents were all about "getting the right education" and shipped me over here as a freshman. After two years, I was finally going back. Sure my english is great now, and I had fun in America, but it's time I got back to my friends over at Kwon-Hwa High School. 

'I wonder how they've been' I thought absentmindedly as a looked about the cabin of the plane.

The girl in the seat next to me caught my eye. She was staring out the window.

'Hey, she's kind of cute. Totally my type.'

I gave her my once over and I found myself smirking as I closed my eyes and rested against the seat. 'The next 14 hours are going to be interesting'

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@LoveLoveShells: THANKS~