Settling In...Or Not...

Player Player

Jumi POV

 

I smiled at the paper before I put it into my jacket pocket. My heart felt light for the first time after....that...Then a thought hit me and I scoffed. 'I just met him and already he's handing out his phone number..' With a roll of my eyes I walked off the plane. I didn't think about Key or the plane ride again.

 

**

 

Settling in wasn't as hard as I thought. Already I'd gotten everything I needed to start school minus the uniform. I had to get fitted for that today. Slipping on my shoes and grabbing a jacket, I started out the door towards the uniform store. 

'Pass the 7-eleven and the dry cleaners....on the left down the street through the park and next to the cafe' I recited the directions Dad left for me as I made my way down the street with my hands swinging in my jacket pockets. My fingers brushed against something rough and I pulled it out of my pocket. 'Hmm? A sticky note?' I un-crumpled the paper and read: Hey friend, hang out some time? 02-382-4317~ :)

Then I remembered Key, but remembered only for a fleeting moment because in the next minute i crashed into a solid object. "Hey, what gives?" a voice came from the object...not an object, a boy. I looked up from my position on the ground to see a group of five boys looking at me, waiting for me to explain.

"Oh!" I jumped up and dusted myself off, "sorry! I was just lost in thought!" I smiled and started to turn away when the guy I had crashed into latched onto my wrist. My blood ran cold. 

"Hey, you're pretty cute. What's your name?" The words that were supposed to flow like honey came to me like pins and needles. His friends were looking on, waiting to hear my name as well. "..let me go." I mumbled the phrase and gave a small tug. 

"Now, now, don't play hard to get. All the girls play hard to get. You don't look like most girls around here," he said while wagging a finger. He got even closer. 

"Come onnnn Joon hyung! Do this some other time! I want to actually make it to the movie on time!" The boy with large eyes whinned before I could begin to say anything.

"Yeah, like Mir said, last time you hit on a girl we couldn't even go SEE the movie anymore," the tall and lanky one said. The four others nodded in agreement.

"Aish, you guys are so...Fine, we can go see the dumb movie" the one called Joon said, giving into his friends. Without another look he dropped my wrist and began walking away with his group. I stood there for another five minutes, trying to get a hold of myself: I would not cry. Not about HIM. Not about THIS. Not this AGAIN. With a lump in my throat I began to, once again, walk to the uniform store.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVELY COMMENTS~~
-MWAH-