Aftermath

Player Player

Jumi POV:

(Still America)

 

It's been a week since the break up and I'm still numb inside.

Joanne has stopped talking to me and so had Josh. I've let all my friends drift away as well. Whenever I accidently looked over at Josh and Joanne being affectionate I feel the thorn in my chest twist and I silently gasp in pain.

School meant nothing and me...? I was, am, a shell of a person.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(at home)

I let myself in the house and flicked on the light.

Mom wasn't here of course. Ever since the divorce a year ago, she spent most of her time out of the house.

When Dad and her split, she got to keep the house and Dad left to go back to Korea. I guess the memories the house holds is too much for both of them, but do they know what it does to me too?

I looked around at the framed pictures of us still hanging on the wall. Us at the beach, my baby pictures, the time we tried camping, and a few others. The biggest of them all was the one that was covered with a tarp and leaning against the wall. Without even uncovering the tarp I knew what that picture was...their wedding picture.

I just stiffly walked upstairs to my room...and for the first time in a weak, I felt something.

It was raw anger. Anger at myself, anger at Josh, anger at Joanne, and even anger at my parents. As the anger boiled in me I found myself screaming and throwing anything within my reach.

I threw picture frames filled with memories, the teddy bear Josh had won me at the carnival, my couch cusions, and even tried to flip the couch. I found the last feat impossible and I just settled with kicking at it until my foot became numb. 

**

(dinner)

Mom brought take out to the dinner table today and I sat with my legs pulled up to my chest while I picked at my lo mein. 

"Umma..?" I said while I still looked and picked at my noodles.

"Mm? Wae?" 

"I...I want to live with Appa..." 

"..."

"Umma?"

"...I...I'm a bad parent aren't I?" She looked up at me with a sad smile, "aigoo."

"N-"

"Jumi-ah, it's okay. I know I'm not home as much as I should be and...spending time with your dad...should be...good." My mom let out, keeping the sad smile on her face. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind...I'll..I'll ask about it after dinner."

I just slowly nodded. 'What did I just do...'

My parents haven't talked since their seperation. And the first thing they will discuss is the possibility of me, moving...to a different country.