Chapter 5

We Can't Be Just Friends...(Sequel to Just Friends....Right?)

Changjo's POV:

It's Sunday. Still nothing to do. "Yah! Changjo!" Sungmin shouted, coming out the shower. "Get up, we have to practice!" I groaned.

"But it's so early!"

"Dude." He pointed to the clock. "It's 1:31 already." I shot up from my bed and turned to the time. Oh wow, it was 1:31. I chuckled.

"Arraso. I'm up."

***

L.Joe's POV:

"Sir? It's time for you to wake up." I heard Chanhee say, I just groaned and turned my back to him. "Sir, you father instructed me to wake you up."

"Aish." I sat up and fixed my hair. He stood next to my bed, hands folded in front of him and acting ''curtised". "Why do you always have to be like this?" I said with a cold voice, he went silent.

I didn't mean it in a mean way, my voice is sore in mornings. "I'm sorry." I said. "I didn't really mean that..."

He nodded. "It's alright, sir."

"Gosh, can you stop calling me sir?! It's so annoying! Why can't we be like before? When you were my friend, not my servant!"

He shook his head. "I can't. That's the past. We've grown up and I was suppose to be your servant in the first place. I can't do anything about it...sir."

I sighed. "Sorry, Chanhee. I shouldn't had yelled at you." I laid back down on my bed, arms behind my head and stared up at the ceiling. "It's just that I missed our days when we were kids. Now you're just...a servant."

"I'm sorry, sir." Chanhee bowed, his voice shaky. "I'll be downstairs in the kitchen."

***

Sungmin's POV:

 

ireoke nan tto (fiction in fiction)
itji motago (fiction in fiction)
nae gaseum soge kkeutnaji anheul iyagil sseugo isseo
 

 

We've been practicing for almost 4 hours and we still can't figure out the moves. Even though there's three of us, Minwoo doesn't know where to go or do the chorus dance.

 
neol butjabeulge (fiction in fiction)
nochi anheulge (fiction in fiction in fiction)
kkeutnaji anheun neowa naui iyagi sogeseo oneuldo in fiction

 

"Okay guys. Let's take a break." I suggested after Minwoo fell the third time. I plopped on the floor. "At times like these, my umma would always make me a lemonade."

"Yah Sungmin," Changjo called. "Its only been one day from home and you're already home sick?"

"What?" I said back. "I can't miss my mother?" I chuckled after that sentence and stuck a tongue out at him. "Oh, by the way, Minwoo, how come you never told us about your parents and your home life?"

He froze. I could see his hands crumbling his water bottle. Maybe I shouldn't have asked that.

Changjo stared at Minwoo as if he knew something I didn't, he then stood up and the music. "I'm going to practice my vocals, Min, do you want to practice your raps with me?"

He looked up him and nodded. They left to the classroom next store, the vocal room. Geez, is there something between them that they can't tell me?

"Hey!" I shouted. "Wait for me!"

The vocal room was pretty cool. There were about six microphone's on the stand and three loose ones in the cabinet. "Hey, we can practice here. We can sing here too." I suggested.

Changjo nodded as he threw both me and Minwoo a microphone. "Ready?" He pressed play and ran to his spot.

***

Minwoo's POV:

That practice took about a few minutes but we collapsed onto the floor when we finished. "I messed up again..." I said. It's not my fault I've been very y lately. I'm just stressed.

"It's ok." Sungmin said. "Everyone has their ups and downs at time. hey, wanna get something to eat? We sorta missed lunch." He said and his stomach grumbled a little after he had said that. "Oops." He chuckled.

I shook my head with a smile. "Me too. What are we going to buy?"

"Whatever there is." Changjo said, getting up and heading to the door. "Let's go check what stores are nearby."

As we walked out the school, we were greeting by a sudden cry. "Hey! Minwoo!" I turned around to the person who called my name but I regretted it. It's...him.

L.Joe's POV:

I was walking by the school when I heard someone shout. Then I heard, "Let go of him!"

I turned around to the scene, a gang just tried to grab someone other kid. Wait...I know that kid. Isn't he that freshman? Min...Minwoo?

"Yah, Minwoo." Well that answers that. "You're No Minwoo aren't you? Tch. You're still in debt to us you know that?"

"You...you got the wrong person..." I heard Minwoo say, hiding behind a boy with...with frosted hair?

"You can't fool us. Come on." The "bully" tried to grab Minwoo's arm when the other boy with the red cap stopped him. I guess he and the frosted haired kid are Minwoo's friends.

"Go away." The red cap boy said. "I've taken karate for 13 years and I'm not afraid to fight you." He threatened. The bully just scoffed. Then he turned to Minwoo. "Come on Minwoo, Changjo, let's go."

I guess that frosted boy is Changjo and the red cap was their friend, but who were those thugs?

***

Changjo's POV:

"Minwoo, did you know them?" I asked him.

He shook his head and took a sip of his bubble tea. "Ani. I think he got the wrong person." He giggled. Sungmin was about to say something but I stopped him and shook my head, indicating that we shouldn't go any further.

I took a bite of my burger and stared out the window. Who were those guys? And what did they want from Minwoo?

After we finished lunch, we went to a CD shop. "Hey!" One of the female workers pointed at me. "Hey! Aren't you Changjo?!"

Do I know her? "Uh...yeah." She squealed and quickly took out a notepad or somesort.

"OMG, can I have your autograph? Please! I'm your biggest fan!"

Fan? "But...I'm not a celebrity..." She nodded.

"I know! But you're Sungjong oppa's nephew! Can I please have your autograph!"

Ok. Freeze. No.1 : I'm not even a celebrity and she wants my autograph?

No.2 : How did she know my uncle is Uncle Sungjong?

No.3 : Wait till umma and appa hears this -.-" I hate variety.

"Uh...how did you know that I'm his nephew?"

"He stated it on his world tour! Here, I'll show you. I have the whole part taped." She answered and quickly took out a dvd and put it inside the TV.

Uncle Sungjong popped up, saying something about his world tour. "Annyeong Changjo!" Wait what? "My dear nephew, if you're watching this interview, I'll be going on a world tour and my first stop is Seoul. I hope I can see you again! I'll be performing at Chundoo Stage on April 22! Hope you can be there to see Uncle perform! Annyeong! Bbyong!"

She took the tape out and stared at me. "So can you give me your autograph? Please!"

"Uh...sure...?" I took a marker and scribbled my name on it.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!"

When we stepped out the store, Sungmin bursted out into laughter. "OMG that was hilarious. That girl is obsessed. Just hope that she doesn't become a stalker, Changjo."

I chuckled. "Shut up, Sungmin."

"Still." Minwoo said. "Thanks for the album, Changjo." Minwoo said and smiled at the 'Moving in Secret' album I bought him.

But there's something still on my mind. Who was that gang? And what did they want from Minwoo?