Chapter 22

We Can't Be Just Friends...(Sequel to Just Friends....Right?)

Byunghun's POV:

"Uh...hi again." I say as I lean on Jiyeon's front gates. Chanhee was in the front garden and he was watering the plants. They looked like they just blossomed and fresh while mine, -sigh- without Chanhee, my plants keeps dying and I'm not good in taking care of them.

"Oh? Hi again.....Byunghun?"

I smile, indicating that he got my name right. Even though he still 'has my memory', it felt kinda nice when he called me by my name instead of adding sir.

"How are you today?"

"I'm fine." I tell him. "Watering the plants again?"

He gives me a small giggle and nods. "I love flowers." Chanhee says. "Whenever I'm alone, I always seem to look at the flowers. Somehow, they tell me that I'm not alone and that they're with me. Do you like flowers too, Byunghun?"

I shake my head. "Not really. I'm not well at taking care of plants. You see, I tend to drop stuff so usually I'm never around babies."

Chanhee lets out a cute laugh. He smiles as he stops watering the plants. "Do you want to come in? Jiyeon mistress is out right now. But I don't think it'll be a bother that you're here."

"No thanks." I said but I'm sort of disappointed. "I'll be going." I added.

He nods and gives me a wave and smile. "Come back soon." Chanhee says, giving me his eye smile that I've been missing.

"Chanhee didn't lose his memory." Jiyeon said and walked to the balcony. I stood up at her statement, confused and a bit hurt.

"What do you mean?"

She smirked. "After you fired him, Chanhee was taken back his friends and then left to the orphanage." She said. "I went to see him and the orphanage said that Chanhee's gone working.. I thought that it would be ok and went the next day to see if he's there again."

She sounded like a complete stalker.

"But something happened." I jumped a bit when Jiyeon said that. "The orphanage said that Chanhee hasn't come back from yesterday night. When I got home, failed in finding him, I got this weird voicemail. It was from the hospital. Apparently, Chanhee fainted due to exhaustion. I didn't know how that happen but my guess is that he had too many jobs until finally they collapsed on him."

I gulped and managed to ask, "So then what happened?" I said, trying not to sound a bit childish.

Jiyeon shook her head. "When I got there, he was still asleep. The docter said that he'll be fine and that he needs some rest. The days when you were out after firing him, the days when you were having fun with your girlfriend that you chose over Chanhee, I took care of him. I fed him, I wiped his sweat from the nightmares he was having, I was doing everything for him."

"So now that I ask of you," she continues, "Stay away from Chanhee. He didn't lose his memory and is trying hard to forget. But it's difficult from his feelings he has for you. Every night, he would cry. Every night, he would call for you. But you weren't there. Until finally, I took him in. I made him part of my family. And I won't betray him like you did. So just do the three of us a favor, stay away from him."

I couldn't help but comply. It's my fault. I was stupid. It's my fault Chanhee was in the hospital because he was so tired from working. It's my fault. Everything's my fault!

He's trying hard to forget about me. And I don't blame him. But I'm getting in the way. I have to stop seeing him, but I can't. I just can't. My life is empty without him. I need Chanhee back. I'd give up everything I own just for him.

I was thinking too much that I didn't even realize that I'm already at the front steps of my house. Stepping into the empty room, I slip off my shoes.

My feet stroll past the living room, kitchen, my room, and then end up in Chanhee's room. Everything is still so clean...and empty.

I picture Chanhee sleeping angelically on the bed. I picture the candies on his desk. I picture the photos of the two of us on his shelf. They're all gone. What's left was his bed, the desk, shelves, and the white bunny on his bed.

The stuff white bunny, the one I bought him on his birthday. I didn't know who was happier on that day. Chanhee's birthday when he received the bunny from me, or the first time he said 'I love you!' to me.

As I sit down on the light bed, my hands trail across the pillow. His scent is gone too. What's left from him is the bunny. Gently, I pick it up and something slips underneath it.

It's white. Something like an envelope. A note. I quickly grab it to see if it's from Chanhee. To my luck, it is.

To Byunghun,

This is probably the first time in a while that I've called you Byunghun. And probably the last.

I guess you don't need me anymore. I had a feeling too. I hope Eunji treats you well.

There's something I want to say too.

Like you, I also want to be like when we were children. We had loads of fun didn't we? I miss those times and I'm going to treasure them, even though my heart is saying to forget them, I won't. They're too joyful to be forgotten.

I'm really glad your dad adopted me, if not, I wouldn't have met you. Because of you, my life changed. You saved me, Byunghun. You saved me from that orphanage.

The only way I thought to repay you was by working hard as your sevant. I had fun too.

Too much fun that I didn't even realize that you had no clue how to make a PB&J. But now I'm glad you do. Or else that'll be a big problem. kekeke. 

So since you're reading this line, this letter is coming to an end.

I'll say it again, I had fun working for you. I hope that I can do well without you by my side.

Oh and thank you, Byunghun. For taking care of me.

I love you.

Goodbye.

Tears are strolling down my cheeks. Stupid Chanhee. Stupid. I've been taking care of you? Pabo. You got it wrong. You took care of me. Not the other way around.

If you're trying to forget about me, then  I should too, right?

But why? Why? Why can't I? I feel like...I feel like you're holding me back. That you don't want me to forget you. Are you just trying to hurt me? You are, aren't you? Well, it's working.

Yeah. 

I will win you back, Chanhee. I will get you back to me, where you belong. You belong to me, with me. I will get you back. Even if it costs everything I have. I will. I promise.