Chapter 29

We Can't Be Just Friends...(Sequel to Just Friends....Right?)

Sungmin's POV:

It's the day of our comeback. Changjo, Minwoo and I have been practicing like crazy for this. I'm so late. I was out with Jongup and totally forgot about it!

"Hey! Sorry I'm late!" I shouted. Both Changjo and Minwoo sighed as they ruffled throught their hair. I knew they were upset with me. This isn't the first time I've been late. "Sorry guys..."

"You were hanging out with Jongup again, weren't you Sungmin?" I nodded slowly because whenever Changjo uses that voice, he's serious. "Are you practicing your vocals?"

I nodded again.

"The show is about to start." Minwoo said. "We better get ready."

As we walked, I caught a glance at Jongup. He smiled and stared at me back. "Jongup!" JR shouted. "Focus!" Jongup nodded and turn his back on me.

But he looked back at me again and waved with a smile. "Focus!" JR shouted again.

I took a deep breath as the curtains open. We were suppose to do Teen Top's song but we changed it to T-ara and Davichi's 'We Used to Love'

We used to be in love, don't make me cry.

To me, It's only you

When I close my eyes, I see you

When I block my ears, I hear you

Please don't leave me

Changjo started singing first; his voice is always so deep and pure. I stare into the crowd. It was so dark I could hardly see anything. And then on the side, I see Jongup, clapping his hands softly as he stared at me with a smile.

I smiled back and began singing my part.

You might come back, You might return

Again today, I wait for you

You don't know. You don't know how much I'm hurting, even as I sing this song.

Jongup continued to smile at me when I finished.

Finally, it was Minwoo's rap, meaning that it's almost the end of the song.

Yeah uh uh, in the end, you turn away and you keep me away
I threw away my pride and like a crazy person, I followed you
But my heart urged me on and told me
Not to lose you, who is the only one in the world
I pretended to smile, pretended to be fine
This is the last song I am singing to you
Please don't leave me 
 

As soon as I got out of Changjo's and Minwoo's sight, I dashed to Jongup and hugged him. "You were amazing." He said and kissed my lips.

I smiled and snuggled onto his chest. "You better do well too." I said.

"Aye, Jongup. What are you doing? Come on! We're performing now!" Sungjae shouted. Jongup sighed and gives me one more kiss.

I watched him walk behind the curtain on stage. "What's the relationship between you too?" Sungjae asked me, his eyes a bit glaring.

I gulped. "Nothing. We're just friends."

"Alright then...."

I don't think Jongup had told Sungjae and JR about us. I don't think they would handle it well like Changjo and Minwoo did. They were actually pretty glad.

"So are you going to watch them perform?" Minwoo asked, walking next to me.

We sat in the front row and watched as B.N.B performed.  

Baby

Why are you doing this to me,

Who's fallen in love with you?

Don't step back, saying you're afraid

Just leave it up to me

How's that, My lady?

 

Sungjae was singing first. His voice is as smooth as Changjo's with a bit more emotion. He sings pretty well for a tall sharp eyed kid that steals chocolate milk.

But JR's rap was something too. He raps pretty fast but we're able to make out the words as he raps it clearly.

I can't understand you

Who has caught the nice syndrome.

Try to shed and break away sometimes

from those fixed images, I'm okay.

Alright so let me guess this straight. Sungjae's the main vocalist, JR is the Rapper...then Jongup's the dancer right? Hahaha, he's so cute.

"How was I?" Jongup asked, his face full of sweat. I giggled and wiped his forehead with a towel. He continued panting and took a sip from his drink.

"Since when can you breakdance?" I asked. "You never showed or told me that."

He chuckled and flipped his light brown hair. "It's a secret. Surprised, baby?"

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. "Aish, you show off." I said and returned back wiping his sweat. "Hey, Jongup? I'm curious about something."

"Hm?"

"How come you didn't tell Sungjae and JR about...us?"

He paused and put down his drink on the desk. "What do you mean?"

"Well like, we haven't really offically comfirmed we're together them, I mean, Changjo and Minwoo already knows about us. Why can't you tell Sungjae and Jr?"

"Do you think I should?" He asked so innocently. "I think JR but Sungjae isn't that type of person I should be telling that to...."

"Sungjae? Isn't that suppose to be the other way around?"

Jongup chuckled. "JR might be a bit competitive but Sungjae's worse. If he's focused on something, he can't afford to be distracted. If I miss a practice with them, Sungjae would be super pissed."

"Oh...well then I guess we'll just have to get a secret in front of them..."

"Are you sure about this?"

"I don't know. I really want to confirm our love...."

"Sungmin..." Jongup softly carassed my right cheek and placed a kiss on my lips. "Alright...I'll tell them."

"Really? You do know that you don't have to, right?"

"I want to." He smiled and embraced him. I snuggled onto his chest. "I won't care if they get angry with me. As long as I have you."

Tears formed in my eyes as he said that. "Jongup....I love you...so much." I said and gently meets his lips. despite all the sweat, he tasted really sweet.

I moved up and sat on his lap, not breaking the kiss as I warpped my legs around his waist. We parted and he smiled at me. I giggled and snuggle onto his chest.

Just then, I heard squeals nearby.

"Awww~isn't that cute?~~~"

"Shush! He'll hear us."

"Already did." I said back.

"Argh, thanks for giving us away, Changjo."

-------------------------------------------

Still Sungmin's POV:

"Umma! I'm home!" I shouted. Umma was in her room, putting on some facial makeup mask, indicating that she already showered.

And Appa sat on the couch reading his newspaper, still in his suit and his feet smell like usual, indiciating that he didn't take a shower yet.

"Yah, appa. Go take a shower. People from Busan can smell your feet."

He groaned and got up. "Arraso." Appa says and s his white shirt, revealing his chocolate abs and broad chest. But Jongup's abs are much better and he's much taller than appa.

I'm glad when my parents didn't freak out when I told them Jongup was my boyfriend. They already met him and Umma said that Jongup does really well cleaning stuff and Appa likes arm wrestling with him.

I chuckled and plopped onto the couch, obviously not the spot appa sat cos' it smells.  After appa came out the shower with just a towel over his torso, umma squealed. Cos' she loves seeing his abs and muscles. She says that it makes her feel like the first time they've met.

My hair was wet when I came out the shower. Well, obviously. I jumped onto my bed and breathed in the fresh smells of my blanket. It's been a long day for me. I wonder if Jongup told JR and Sungjae about us.

"Hey, have you told them about us yet?" I texted him.

When I finsihed brushing my teeth, I checked my phone, still no message.

I waited a several minutes until he finally texted back.

But I regret reading it. Because his reply wasn't something I was expecting. This message was like a gun shot to my heart.

"I think we should break up."