Seven

Simple

            Kris sat down on his bed moodily.

            “What’s up?” Lay asked, looking up from his computer game.

            “Where’s Tao?”

            “He’s tutoring, like he’s been doing every afternoon for a few days now.”

            “Again?” Kris asked.

            “Yes, again. Kris, if you want to know where he is that badly, just go to school and find him. It can’t be that hard.”

            “Maybe I will,” Kris said. He stood up again and started his trek towards the school.

            “Where are you going? Chanyeol is baking a cake tonight!” Baekhyun called.

            “To school,” Kris replied as he walked out the door.

            When he’d gone about halfway to school, he walked past the convenience store, where Saemi the cashier was just leaving.

            “Oh! I was wondering when I’d be seeing you again. Kris, right?” she asked, sidling up to him as he walked.

            “Yeah,” he said.

            “Do you remember my name?” she asked, her voice laced with sugar.

            “Saemi,” Kris replied. “Saemi the cashier who works at the convenience store near my apartment.”

            “Oooh, you do remember!” she giggled. “How have you been?”

            “Pretty well, how about you?” Kris asked politely.

            “Not great,” she replied. “I haven’t seen you in ages. How come you never come to the store?”

            “It’s Lay and Kai’s job to go shopping,” Kris shrugged. “Not mine.”

            “Oh, them…which one is the one with the big lips?” she asked.

            “That’s Kai, I guess,” Kris responded.

            “Oh, okay. You should come instead of Lay. He’s not as good-looking as you.”

            “Lay’s my best friend,” Kris said bluntly, and Saemi looked slightly shocked.

            “What I meant to say wasn’t that he isn’t good-looking, just, you’re better looking than he is.”

            Kris gave her a tight smile.

            “I have to go to school now for…tutoring, so if you’ll excuse me,” he said as he gave her a slight nod and walked through the school gates.

            “Come visit me sometime! My shift is mornings and early afternoons!” she called, but Kris didn’t turn back around.

            Tao had been right. She was pushy.

            He entered the building in a slightly bitter mood, and it didn’t improve at all when he went to the classroom where Tao was tutoring.

            He knocked on the door and Aerin opened it.

            “Oh, Kris, what are you doing here?” she asked.

            “I just wanted to hang out with the guys,” he said. He could see Tao, Xiumin, and the two guys from 2-C in the classroom window.

            “I’m sorry, Kris, but these boys are not doing great in English right now. I can’t afford to give them any distractions. You’re doing fine in English; you don’t need tutoring. Tao and Xiumin will be done in about an hour and they’ll come back to the dorm. You can hang out with them there. Alright?”

            “I guess so,” Kris muttered. He looked through the window again. All of the boys were laughing, and Tao was giving Xiumin that tiny smile he always gave Kris.

            Suddenly Kris hated Xiumin.

            He marched back home and promptly fell asleep as soon as he hit his bed. Baekhyun tried to tell him that he’d miss the cake, but he didn’t listen.

            He was suddenly awakened by someone gently shaking him.

            “Dinner’s ready,” Tao said, peering at Kris through his beautiful eyes. Kris smiled in spite of himself.

            “Okay,” he said smilingly, getting up and following Tao out of the bedroom.

            “Oh, Kris, you’re finally awake!” Chanyeol said. “You get to taste the cake I made!”

            “Tao, how did your tutoring session go?” Suho asked kindly.

            “It was fun,” Tao replied, and Xiumin nodded vigorously.

            “The guys from 2-C are hilarious now that we’ve gotten to know them a little better. We should hang out with them sometime,” he said. “And Tao’s actually really good at English.”

            Kris glared, but nobody noticed.

            “But is your English actually improving?” Kris asked with a hint of bitterness in his voice.

            “Like I said,” Xiumin replied, wary of Kris’s tone, “Tao’s really good at English. We’re all improving.”

            “We have a quiz tomorrow,” Kris informed them.

            “Guys, come on,” Chen said.

            “Alright, here’s dinner,” Luhan said, coming out of the kitchen and easing the tense atmosphere. He was holding a very large pot of noodles. He looked to be struggling with the weight of it.

            Sehun noticed this too and jumped up to help Luhan, who smiled blushingly.

            “Thanks, Sehunnie,” Luhan said quietly.

            “Whoa wait what did you say?” Chanyeol cried. “Did you call him Sehunnie? Sehunnie?”

            “I…no, I said…I mean…” Luhan began.

            “It’s okay, Luhan,” Baekhyun said good-naturedly. All the other boys smiled knowingly, even Chanyeol. Sehun and Luhan gave each other relieved smiles and sat down next to each other.

            “How long have you known?” Sehun asked resignedly, his and Luhan’s faces both bright red.

            “I noticed on the first day,” Kris explained, much to Sehun and Luhan’s surprise.

            “Us too,” Chanyeol said, motioning to Baekhyun and himself.

            “We all noticed within the first week,” Lay said, and Chen nodded next to him.

            “Really? We thought we were being so subtle,” Luhan breathed. Kris chuckled. “We met over the summer, a few months before school started.”

            “We’ve been dating since mid-June,” Sehun said. “I hope you guys aren’t…weirded out by that or anything.”

            “It’s okay!” Kyungsoo said. “As long as you like each other, we don’t care, right guys?” The other boys nodded, and Luhan and Sehun looked extremely relieved.

            “Thanks, guys,” Luhan smiled.

            Dinner that night was less tense than Kris had expected it to be.



 

 

            Tao was quiet that evening as he and Kris sat in the dining room, working on math homework. Kris wondered if perhaps there was something wrong. Maybe he’d noticed that Kris was in a bad mood.

            “Tao, you can talk,” Kris said gently, trying to show Tao that he wasn’t in a bad mood at all.

            “How did you know?” Tao asked.

            “What? How did I know you could talk?”

            “No…I mean, how did you know?” Tao said more slowly to emphasize what he was trying to get at. Kris was still stumped.

            “I’m sorry, I don’t catch what you’re trying to say. How did I know about what?”

            “Luhan and Sehun,” he said even more quietly.

            “Oh. Well, they paired up really fast when it came to room assignments, and Luhan would get really shy and blush around Sehun a lot. And when we watched the movie, they were totally cuddling. Didn’t you notice?”

            “Was I the only one who didn’t?” Tao asked.

            “I guess,” Kris shrugged. “It’s no big deal.”

            “What do you think about it?”

            “About Sehun and Luhan being together? You mean the fact that they’re both guys?”

            “Yeah,” Tao nodded.

            “It’s fine. Like Kyungsoo said, as long as they like each other, right?”

            “But they’re both guys…it’s not…natural…is it?” Tao asked.

            “Love is natural,” Kris said simply, and Tao didn’t argue. Kris noticed that Tao looked slightly uncomfortable, though, so he changed the subject. “So, uh, how are your tutoring sessions going?”

            “They’re actually pretty fun,” Tao said, looking relieved to have changed the subject. “I’m getting to know Xiumin a lot better. He’s really nice.” Kris felt that familiar pang of hatred for Xiumin once again, and he couldn’t quite place why he hated him so much. “But,” Tao continued, “Aerin said that if people do badly on the quiz tomorrow, they’ll have to do tutoring too.”

            Kris thought that sounded like a very good reason not to study.



 

 

            Aerin handed back the quizzes that Friday as she dismissed the boys, purposefully leaving Kris’s for last.

            “Kris,” she said as she handed back the final quiz. “What happened? You’re usually so good at English, but you got even some of the easiest questions wrong.”

            “I guess I just don’t understand the material as well as I thought I did,” Kris explained. It had been hard to do so badly. He actually had to think about how to get the questions wrong because the correct answer came so easily to him.

            “Kris, I’m sorry, but you’re going to have to attend tutoring until you improve your grade. I want you to come every day after school, and we’ll see how you do on the next quiz, alright?”

            “Okay,” Kris said, leaving the room. He grinned to himself, having succeeded in his mission. 

 


A/N: HUNHAN REVEALED :D Yup. That's all I have to say for now. Oh and remember to visit me on tumblr~ I like to talk!

@pripri: Kekekeke yup~

@Yuki_Hime: Yay, thank you!

@angelsmiles: Kekekeke yay I'm happy I could make you laugh!

@sumomoyuki: I love cheeky Lay, so yes, you can pinch his cheeks :)

@fyrefox233: Wahahahaha thanks :)

@kitty_kat: Killing you with adorable hahahaha. I'm...glad? It feels weird to be glad about killing people...

@SadisticRainbows: Xiuminnie is good at screaming hahaha.

@chigire: I KNOW RIGHT? I love Taoris pics~

@vanndee13: Yup~ Lay is the coolest. 

@Galdy42: YES you're welcome. I'm always happy to be a Qmi fan~

@Fandom22: I DO TOO ugh not writing that part yet is killing me.

@BalancedCuppyCake: I just cannot not see Lay as a Hangeng type. Smart and cute but hilarious and crazy other times. Have you seen Lay dancing to Nobody? 

@Claire: I'm so glad~

@xxjenjaexx: They just went to Indonesia with SuJu but I think they're back now...

@elemonie818: I'm so happy! Thanks for reading.

@aegyoXin: Tao is super cute and nobody can not fall in love with him :)

@Renzei27: Kekekekek thankies~

@MsChocoChan: I think Lay is probably one of my favorite characters in the fic :)

@mj_a_lover: I think I'm finally caught up :D

@LingView: Because Lay knows that Taoris ships itself...he's just adding wind to the sails ;)

@ShaZam: We shall see~~~

@AsianDrama: Thank you <3

@Lee_HyunJae: Kekekekeke thank you!

@ahbaby: It's hard to write slow relationships, but I'm glad you think I'm doing a good job :)

@s7herry: Quite :)

@UndergroundMemories: Yeah I forgot about that. I've watched so many fancams now though :D

@PikaKyuLove: My ultimate goal is to get people to have to take pauses during the chapter because of too intense fangirling. I do that for We Got Married all the time. 

@FeliciaT: I think so too~

@twinkletoe: I really wanna write more Kaisoo~

@aznmusiklife: Voilaaaaa :D

@Lala1901: Thank you! I'm so happy you like themmmmmm!

@phoenix_taemints: Yay I'm happy.

@pandaaaaa: Once you start reading boyxboy you can't stop. Trust me :)

@Juleeyaaa: I took your advice and tagged it :) Thanks for reading!

@_xMusic: Whoo thanks for reading!

@kitten83: Kai is totally crushing on D.O. :D

@Nakonoshi: Wahahaha yaysies. I like your comment.

@kiikiichan: Awww, thank youuuuuu <3

@IrisButterfly: Everyone notices HunHan~

@JulietteShawol1: YAY I love new readers/subscribers. Thank you!

@MeiXiah: Taoris is always here for youuuuu <3

@Mulgoki: Thanks! I'm glad you like it hahaha. Tao's note was a particular favorite of mine.

@asiangirlme: Hahahaha I'm happy you think it's funny!

 ♥ Exie