New Employees and Meeting Again

Friendship Lost In Time [HIATUS]

 

0009
 
I handed the last customer their order as they walked out, I noticed not a lot of customers have been stopping by the café for some refreshments since I got here. I looked at the time and noticed it was almost four o’clock. I peeped over at Amber who was wiping down the tables while we had only two customers still in the café. I looked at the two customers and noticed it was the same guys from earlier. I began to clean up and stack more items behind the counter while Amber wiped down the last table. Amber finished up the table and came behind the counter putting up the towel and table cleaner in the storage room.
 
“I think we should close up early today,” Amber suggested. I nodded at her while she went back into the storage room to organize the boxes and I continue stocking the items. 
 
“Excuse me?” I turned around and noticed it was Kyungsoo. He was looking at me with tiring look on his face. I answered.
 
“How can I help you?”
 
“Can I please get a refill on coffee?” He pleaded. I nodded and went off to fix his coffee. When I handed him the coffee, he was about to pay me but, I stopped him.
“Its on the house.” I smiled at him but, he just nodded at me with a blank face. He walked off but, stopped and turned back around before asking me.
 
“Are you guys hiring?” He asked me before taking a sip of his coffee. I blinked at him at and thought about it. I really don’t remember us still hiring employees. I was still in thought when Amber had came over by me.
 
“What’s going on?” I blinked at her and then at Kyungsoo before asking her.
 
“Umm, Amber, are we still hiring employee?”
 
“Yeah, why?”
 
“Well, ummm…-”
 
“I was wondering if you guys were hiring?” He asked her with his big bugled eyes. She smiled at him, I guess giving him his answer.
 
“Suho, they’re hiring,” Kyungsoo said to his friend who sitting at the table playing on his cellphone. His friend, Suho got up from his seat and walked over to us. When he stood by his friend, he turned to me with a smile. I felt my face heat up so, I quickly turned my head the other way.
 
“When would you guys like to start working?” I heard Amber ask them. Waiting for their reply, the guy Suho spoke up.
 
“Next week we would like to start, we just moved here from Seoul. We’re still getting our things together in our apartment.”
 
“Oh, new comers this is so exciting. Well, welcome to Incheon and your new job,” Amber cheered. She quickly shook hands with the Suho guy and then Kyungsoo who, tiredly shook her hand.
 
“I’m Amber and this is Jooyoung. We’ve been needing help here at the café lately. It’s been quite busy now these days………I don’t know why though.” Amber explained to them.
 
“Nice meeting you and we‘re happy to join the team. I’m Suho and this D.O, but our real names are Joo myun and Kyungsoo,” Suho said to us with a big smile. I felt my face heating up, so I quickly looked away. What is up with this guy and his smiles.
 
“Yah, Suho can we leave now and stop flirting with the girls,” D.O said with an irritated look. He looked at us smiled before looking at Suho with a glare. This guy seriously has some horrible mood swings, I thought to myself. Suho let out a nervous laugh before explaining himself to D.O.
 
“I’m just being nice and getting to know them since we will be working with them next week.” D.O rolled his eyes at Suho and walked out the café annoyed. Suho turned to us and smiled, bidding us a farewell. I walked to the  storage room in the back and began to gather my things.
 
“I see you’ve caught Suho’s eyes already,” Amber smiled at me while gathering her things as well. I snorted and rolled my eyes at Amber’s silly remark. 
 
“Amber, he was just being nice and none have the guys have a thing for me, okay? Stop thinking like that,” I informed to her as she let out a laugh. As we both walked out of the café, Amber had locked up the café. I bid her a farewell and we both went our separate ways.
 
I made my way over to the subway station hoping I can catch the next train in time. By the time I got there, I was told that the next train was going to be here until six. I texted Sehun telling him I was going to be home early but, the train will be coming in late. I thought about walking home but, it was no use because it already started raining. On my here I did not see not a single dark cloud outside. I blew a dry raspberry and began to walk around the train station while listening to my music on my iphone. As I was walking, my mind was drifting off like a racecar speeding ahead for the finish line. It felt as if I was in one of those movies or music videos with the main character walking with everything around them moving fast while they were slowing down. My feet took me anywhere in the train station while I was in my world. When I came to a turn, I bumped into someone who’s hot coffee spilled on my pants. What was up with me and bumping into people lately.
 
“I’m so sorry,” I heard the person say as they began to wipe of my pants. As they were drying off my pants, I felt there hand move closer on my inner thigh area.
 
“YAH!!” I screamed causing a few stares from the people around us. The stranger finally looked up at me with their big bugled eyes.
 
“Annyeong Jooyoung,” D.O said to me with a smile on his face. Not this bi-polar guy. I shook my head at him made my way over to the women’s restroom with D.O following behind me.
 
“Its quite funny meeting you here,” He quoted. I just rolled my eyes at D.O and walked into the women’s restroom. I looked through the bottom of the stall to make sure no one was in there. I pulled out a pair of baggy black pants and slipped myself out of wet pants. I looked down at my leg and noticed it was slightly red from the hot coffee. I slipped on my baggy pants and balled up my wet coffee smelling pants into my bag. I walked out of the restroom and noticed D.O was waiting for me outside with Suho who was looking at me with smile on his face. I felt my face heat up and turn red, so I quickly walked away from the them. 
 
“Jooyoung, wait up!”
 
When I heard them close behind me, I began to pick up my speed. I tried looking around in the subway to see where I can duck off and hide. No luck, the subway was not crowded enough for me to sneak off somewhere. I gave up with chasing game I was doing with the guys and decided to stop. 
 
“What do you want Kyungsoo?” I questioned when I felt someone bumped into me making fall forward. I held my hands out in front of me but, I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist before I made contact with the ground. I looked up at my savior and noticed it was Suho.
 
“Kyungsoo, be careful next time and lay off the coffee for a while,” Suho commanded to D.O as he helped me up.
 
“Stop saying my name out in public like that and its D.O,“ He whined. Suho rolled his eyes before turning to me.
 
“Do you know when the next train is coming, D.O was suppose to go looking for it but, somehow he got distracted by something.” 
 
D.O scratched the back of his head with chuckle. 
 
“The next train won’t be here until six,” I spoke as I looked at my the time on iphone.
 
“Right now, its only 4:30,” I put in as well. When I told them this, I heard D.O curse under his. I looked over at him and saw glaring at Suho, who busy on texting on his phone.
 
“Yah, this is all your fault if you haven’t been flirting with Jooyoung and her friend at the café we wouldn‘t have missed the train,” D.O hissed at Suho who completely ignoring him.
 
“Yah, I talking to you, don’t ignore me,” He protested as Suho put away his phone. He walked over to me and pulled along by the hand with him leaving D.O behind.
 
“Let’s just leave him alone until he cools down,” He smiled. I blinked at him and looked back at D.O who was still glaring at Suho.
 
“Yah, Kim Joonmyun, don’t walk away from me when I’m talking to you.”