I'm a what!?????

I'm NOT food!!!! T_T

Sungyeol didn’t have a clue as to where he was right now, but he really needed to get back. His memories of what happened before he somehow got lost was fuzzy and scared him a bit. As a way to calm his frazzled nerves, he looked around because the night was so peaceful, he wanted to stay here awhile before going back to his recently become hectic life. And it was wonderfully quiet, like the world had stopped moving.

Although…

It was as if the silence had become unnatural. Eerily so. A look around to see if another was present.

No one. But wait…the sky, there’s no moon, no stars or clouds as if it had been taken away.  A few minutes later, he rejected his previous statement. This was not an all-consuming darkness…

It was empty…empty like an endless abyss.

Shivers ran amuck in him, heightening his nerve endings and raising goosebumps all over his body. Fearing that he would be trapped here forever, he started to turn hysterical. Only the stab of energy he felt at his back prevented him from doing so. But who could that be from? He was most definitely not alone now. On the edge of his consciousness, he could sense that something was watching him. With hairs standing on end, he looked around and searched for any signs of life, of movement.

Where is it? Where could it be? Show yourself—

There.

A light that seemed no bigger a fist looked at him with the twin dots of scarlet that shone in its center. Sungyeol was beside himself at the relief he felt. He was afraid of that!? ‘Hah! No way can that thing attack me! Not unless it turns into a humongous choding-eating monster…OMG!!! That’s a humongous-choding eating monster in disguise!’ And he immediately smacked himself before his thoughts got out of control.

Concluding that he had nothing to lose but possibly his life if he chased that light, he slowly went closer. It was his best choice since there seemed to be no other way out.

Closer and closer he crept until he was right in front of the light. Flaring up, the light in actuality was a flame and it started to speak to him.

“It is time for your true self to awaken, young one, but before that, you must first remember the past which has long evaded you…”

“True self? My past? My childhood may seem a bit blurry, but isn’t that normal?” Sungyeol then realized what had just transpired. “Wait…the fire spoke to me? ... Fires can speak? Mama mia, I think I’m gonna have me another fainting spell…”

“…”

 

The fire sweatdropped at this “Hasn’t he seen enough unnatural things to be used to this yet?”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Sungyeol! Sungyeol, wake up! As my dongsaeng, you better obey me and wake up!!!” Hongki was very worried by now. Sungyeol had passed out 10 minutes ago and showed no signs of waking up. Besides that, his body temperature seemed to be disturbingly similar to that of an oven’s.

Hongki mentally cursed, his purity as an angel be damned.

He glanced down at Sungyeol, taking in his cherubic appearance and his shallow breathing. He was at a loss on how to wake him up. Hongki had used his powers to heal any possible internal or external injury and he could clearly remember that he never fainted whenever he unsealed his full power.

“C’mon Sungyeol, wake up already. Everyone’s waiting for you and if this takes any longer, I might not be part of that group anymore judging from the very dark aura coming from Woohyun practically trying to suffocate me. If this goes on, I might be going back to heaven sooner than expected.” Hongki was scared for his life since he was probably the one who caused this. He sooo didn’t want to fight with a demon powerful enough to kill all those monsters with just one blast.

Woohyun’s POV

 

‘Sigh…Everything is really looking bleak now. I have a lot to explain to everyone soon starting from the fact that the monsters I killed weren’t zombies. Yeollie should wake up soon…I might have to explain about that, too. In the meantime, I’ll just entertain myself by scaring the bejabbers out of this prissy angel.’ >: )

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 There were two little boys fighting on a secluded part of the hill near Sungyeol’s home. It was rather cozy there, in fact, with its plentiful trees and flowers providing shade and emitting a pleasant aroma. The violence just ruined the image so when an 6-year old Sungyeol who just snuck out of his house saw that, he immediately ran in between while screaming, “YAAAHH!!!!! Fighting is BAD! Didn’t your mommies teach you that!?”

 

The two were so surprised by the sudden interruption that they had a temporary ceasefire. Sungyeol, on the other hand, was too busy concentrating on stopping them that he didn’t notice that one had bat wings while the other sported pointy ears.

 

The only problem was that…

 

“Yah! Who the heck are you and why should we listen to what you say!?”

 

…the time-out was quickly broken. “I’m Lee Sungyeol and you should listen to me because…cause…ummm…Ah! Because you will be happier if you do.” ^ v ^

 

“But both of us are still frowning, so what can you do to stop that?” the shorter boy asked.

 

“Oh, well whenever daddy is unhappy, mommy always gives him a big smoochie to make him happy. It never fails! Amazing, right? So maybe if I give you smoochies too, you will not want to fight anymore.” Sungyeol really believed everything he just said like it was the absolute truth.

 

“What’s a smoochie?” the shorter boy asked.

 

“What!? You’ve never gotten one before? What about you?”

 

“E-eh? O-of course I’ve had one!” the taller boy not wanting to admit that he didn’t know what it was too, bluffed to save pride.

 

“Really? Then did it make you happy, too?”

 

“O-of course it did so give me one right now, Sungyeol.” The taller boy prayed that it was something delicious.

 

Sungyeol obeyed it immediately since it meant no more violence and he quickly leaned over and kissed the other one, “Okay! MMmmmmmmwaaaaahhHHH!!!!”

 

He was a bit shocked from the kiss while Sungyeol was smiling all goofily, ‘That felt really nice. Maybe-maybe I’ll let him stick around longer.’

 

‘Aww, this kid is really cute. He’s actually blushing and his smile is really pretty.’ Sungyeol was beginning to think this kid wasn’t so bad after all. The shortest of the three was starting to feel left out so he pouted and said, “Hey! What about me? I want my smoochie too!”

 

‘This kid is kinda bratty, but he’s also cute. Like a kitty!!!’ “Okay, okay, pucker up, little kitty! MMMMWwwwwaaaaahhhhhHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” Now there were two blushing cutie-pies – Sungyeol’s bunny and kitty.

 

While Sungyeol was admiring his new friends, he finally noticed their extra appendages and exclaimed, “Whoa!!! What are those? Can you fly or eat me and stuff???”

 

“Hmm…well, yeah!!! I’m the all powerful vampire Kim Myungsoo or L cause it sounds awesome you know!!” he puffed out his chest at this.

 

“Yeah? Well I’m the even greater demon Nam Woohyun so beat that!”  you could really feel the tension between them now.

 

“Wow!!! I’m friends with such cool kids! DAEBAK!”

 

“Eh? Who said we’re friends with you? We don’t like humans.”

 

“Yeah! Hyunggie is right!”

 

“Bu-but, if we’re not…then FINE!!! I’ll go find someone else to be my friend!” But alas, before Sungyeol could leave he was suddenly grabbed from behind. He was held tightly so he couldn’t escape. It seems the little darklings were possessive even at a young age and they quickly realized their mistake.

 

“Y-YAH! Let me go! I shouldn’t stay with strangers.”

 

“No! We’re not strangers and you can’t leave us!” Woohyun had a strong grip on Yeollie’s waist even though Yeollie was taller than him.

 

“If I’m not a friend or a stranger then what am I?” Sungyeol was calming down now because he wanted to know the answer.

 

“You’re my future wifey!!!!” Myungsoo insisted and hugged Sungyeol to confirm it.

 

“U-huh. Me and Myungie will marry you when we grow up and we’ll play together forever. ^_^”

 

“O-okay! Then let’s pinky promise!” Sungyeol then raised his hand sticking his little pinky out with a BIG smile on his face because of what he just heard.

 

“…what’s the point?”

 

“…dunno, just more official I guess but it looks cool XD” And that’s how they all met each other and formed a great friendship. Everyday they would meet up on top of that hill until…

 

“Myungie!!! Hyunnie!!!! T-the bird isn’t moving anymore!!! What-what should I do?” A baby bird had fallen from its nest and Sungyeol had witnessed this like it was in slow motion. Now it was on his hands bleeding.

 

Trauma…

 

“Help me please! I don’t want it to die…” Sungyeol was really crying now. Big fat tears dropped from his eyes seeing how an innocent creature was dying.

 

Helplessness…

 

‘C’mon Sungyeol! There must something you can do! Please…if I could give anything to let it live, please let me do it’

 

Desperation…

 

As Myungsoo and Woohyun watched their Yeollie cry, they blamed themselves for being unable to do anything to help. But then fiery wings sprouted from Sungyeol’s back when his hands started to glow. The bird was actually healing!

 

Sungyeol’s body was emitting a yellowish light and he looked right then and there like an ethereal being, fragile and vulnerable but so full of life. From that time, it was ingrained in their subconscious to always to protect their Sungyeol.

 

As the light faded and the bird began to move, Sungyeol smiled happily that he could save it. But his happiness was short-lived as his body was still unused to the strain of his new powers and he slowly fell to the ground.

 

“Yeollieeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The two little boys shouted running to him. A person then came from behind the trees. Thinking it might be a threat, Myungsoo and Woohyun ran even faster, but the figure, a man, had already lifted up Sungyeol in his arms.

 

“Don’t worry, boys. I’m not going to hurt him. I’m his daddy, but I’m sorry to say that this will be the last time you’ll be seeing him for a while. He’s still not ready for everything just yet. When his body develops more, you may claim him back.” And he just left before Woohyun or Myungsoo could voice out any of their protests. Only their memories of Sungyeol was left behind and a promise that they will never let him go…

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

When Sungyeol awoke from that, he could feel himself crying. He could remember his old friends now and felt slightly guilty at how he treated them. He was also embarrassed at how he was the one to first kiss them back then.

 

“Yeah, you were very forward, weren’t you? Sungyeol’s head snapped to look at the voice and saw the flame again.

 

“Umm…Mister fire, can you tell me who you are and what I really am? I mean what did dad mean by I wasn’t ready yet?”

 

“Master, I am your core, the source of your powers and you still haven’t discovered what you are? My, my, my, what are they teaching kids nowadays? Master, you are the Guardian of Creation- the Phoenix. As the only one of your kind, you bear great power and your father feared that your young body may not be able to handle the strain of it so he along with your mother sealed it away until it was necessary.”

 

“Wait, wait ,wait, are you telling me mom and dad are involved in this whole thing and are probably mutants or something too?”

 

“Yes. Your mother is a very gifted Seer and is the one to have foretold the prophecy involving you. Your dad on the hand was a seraph who had escaped from the heavens by faking his death to be with your mom. It’s romantic, right?”

 

“What prophecy? It’s not some save-the-world type right? Because I’m definitely no hero.” Sungyeol could still remember how he was of no help in the battles and he can’t help feeling so useless.

 

“Well, it goes like this:

 

“Creatures with ill intent are plotting. … The downfall of an hierarchy long-lived fast approaches … as a being long lost but not unsearched for revives, forces from both sides will fight for its attainment. … The all-consuming flames of a past long gone will once more rise as the eight month dies. … Take caution for if the chosen darklings fail to retrieve the one knowing none of its heritage, tragedy will befall the worlds connected.”

 

“Listen closely for the wheels of time are turning. … Change is inevitable and two hands are extended … choose wisely for one is full of treachery, the other a gift. …A hidden sword … a locked child … what will be their part in this tragic tale? All will be known and decided as the sun shines no more and the darkness abounds…”

 

“…and that is how it ends. So what do you think?” The flame asked Sungyeol because he scrunching up his nose and had a look of great concentration on his face.

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“That made no sense.” If fires could fall down, this one definitely would.

 

“You took that long thinking and that’s all you have to say? May the fates have mercy on us,”

 

“Yah!!! I’m not a poetic kind of guy so cut me some slack. Hmpf!” A pouting choding is an adorable choding and the fire couldn’t help cooing at him.

 

“Okay, okay, but Sungyeol, it’s now time for you to wake up. Once you do, you will have access to your powers so train everyday okay? You need to learn how to control it.”

 

“You mean our conversation is now over? Wait! I still have so many questions like: Can I meet you again? And can I grow wings? Will I mutate into a bird as a side-effect of this? Does a phoenix really look like a chicken on fire? What are my po-“

 

“Yah! Just wake up already! All your friends are waiting for you. Do you want top be cremated or something?” And Sungyeol’s vision started to go black again…

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

“Ummmmmnnn…where am I now? *yawn*”

 

“SUNGYEOLLIE, you’re finally awake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m sorry for being a bad daddy to you and letting them get to you. From now on, I’m never letting you out of my sight!!!”

 

“Okay??? It’s really okay Dongwoo-hyung.”

 

“I’m sorry too Sungyeol for breaking your ring and the fainting thing.”

 

“Oh that’s all right hyung.”

 

“Are you sure you’re fine, Sungyeol?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Your body is fine?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Your head feels fine?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“You want to go on a date with me later?” Woohyun interrupted.

 

“Ye-”

 

“NO he doesn’t! Now get serious Woohyun. Sungyeol, can you tell me what happened to you? Why did you faint, do you know?” Dongwoo held Sungyeol close as the other (Woohyun, Hoya, Hongki, Sungjong, Sunggyu, L.Joe, and Hyunseung) surrounded them.

 

“Oh yeah! I just found out that I’m actually a burning chicken!!!” O_o

 

“…That’s wonderful?”

 

“Does your head hurt?”

 

“Are you hungry or something?”

 

“No! Isn’t a phoenix like a burning chicken?” Sungyeol is very imaginative but ignoring that chicken statement, the other were very shocked at what they just heard. A phoenix existing has been unheard of since the last one disappeared about a millennia ago!

 

Everyone except one who was hard at thought was talking and asking questions at Sungyeol all at once. “Wait everyone, I’ll explain it all from the start. You see, my parents were actually special, too. My mom was a Seer and my dad was a seraph. My mom had prophesized some mumbo-jumbo about me that I’m not sure of, but I think I have to save the world. I only wonder who’s going to me…anyway, my power was also sealed when I was young because I was too strong and now that things are getting rough, it was time for my past to reawaken. I remember that…”

 

“What what what? What did you remember?” Sungjong was a bit of an impatient diva so he wanted all the details NOW!

 

But Sungyeol was now busy looking at Woohyun, “…I remembered my childhood friends – L and Woohyun.” Woohyun glanced up at that, but Sungyeol had now noticed something amiss, “Where’s my Myungmyung?”

 

Woohyun bit his lip at that and said, “I guess it’s my turn now to explain some things… Hey guys, remember those things that attacked us this time in school? They weren’t zombies, they were ghouls and as you all know, they are almost the same as zombies except that they only take orders from their vampire master. When Myungsoo saw that, he immediately rushed off to go to his clan to confront whoever may have sent them. It’s a bit foolhardy considering he went there by HIMSELF but we wanted to keep our promise to Sungyeol.”

 

“Namu, I don’t remember any promise. What was it?”

 

“Yeollie, you were being taken from us at the time and it we loathed the fact that we were unable to do a thing so we promised to never let you go once we saw you again. That includes protecting you because we can’t very well claim you as our wife if there’s nothing of you left, right?” Woohyun smiled sincerely and it melted everyone’s heart although Sungyeol wasn’t used to the feeling of goosebumps so he blurted, “Yah! That’s so greasy!” That really killed the sweet mood *sigh* (-_- ; )

 

“Your words wound me Yeollie, but I really must leave now. I have to go help Myungsoo. The vampire’s coven may also give us leads to why they need you. Your pwers are virtually limitless so we have to find out fast what they plan to use it for.  The others here will help you discover your abilities and how to control them. Take care, Yeollie.” And he gave Sungyeol a peck on the cheek before disappearing in a cloud of black smoke.

 

Sungyeol had wanted to go too but he knew he couldn’t help them at his current state. ‘I have to get stronger for mankind. Yosh! Super Sungyeol will save the day. Fighting!!!’

 

“Okay guys! Let’s go train!” And he will do it until he get muscles too.

 

“Yeol, did you notice that it’s already past midnight and that we still have classes tomorrow?”

 

That stopped his enthusiasm, “ahahaha…I knew that. What I really meant was that we’ll train tomorrow after school.” And that is when Sungyeol will actually discover that he’ll be the only one suffering and that the others are a bunch of evil slave drivers. Good luck Yeollie!!!

 

Author here:

Me again! Is it just me or did I somehow make this chapter force me to write a longer story than expected? Heck, I planned to write only until eight chapters and the when I reread this, I really don't think I can do that. Save meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, if you guys have any questions about this like you're confused about the story, you can totally ask. I will answer it and I'll know if I may have mixed some things here. I tend to forget what I wrote about in previous chapters.

To commenters and subscribers and readers, I love you!!! Thanks for and reading and everything XD so please enjoy this new chappie

@go haneul: Thanks for encouragement and I'll try to update faster. My imagination is actually dying here. Help? Can anyone suggest some guys who are fit for the role of villain?

@Bubble TeaRulez: Yeah!!! I really like Yeollie as a bottom lol