What am I? Bait for ugly dead people? >:(

I'm NOT food!!!! T_T

“Creatures with ill intent are plotting. … The downfall of an hierarchy long-lived fast approaches … as a being long lost but not unsearched for revives, forces from both sides will fight for its attainment. … The all-consuming flames of a past long gone will once more rise as the eight month dies. … Take caution for if the chosen darklings fail to retrieve the one knowing none of its heritage, tragedy will befall the worlds connected.”

 

The field trip was now officially over and classes resumed without a hitch. News about the attack was kept secret and teachers treated it like it was nothing. That really made the blood of those involved boil.

 

“Gah! Why is it that none of us are in the same year as Sungyeol? How can we even guard him or keep tabs on him?” Hoya was really frustrated now. Sungyeol was like a sitting duck during class hours.

 

“I know. And we still haven’t found any clues on to who did this and why.” Dongwoo was worried. Sungyeol was like their newly dubbed lovechild and his baby was being threatened. His chastity, too. You see, Myungsoo and Woohyun still haven’t ceased their advances. They were just being subtle enough that Sungyeol’s oblivious nature wouldn’t catch on.

 

“Oh, the horror!!!!! My poor baby might be defiled everytime I turn away! Hoya, my love, go buy me a magic-proof adamantine chastity belt. My baby’s not getting touched until he’s married.” Hoya and Sungyeol wisely ignored Dongwoo’s antics, but Hoya was also seriously considering the belt.

 

“Chastity belt? Anyway, hyungs, I don’t understand. What makes you think that anyone’s after me? I mean, it could just be a coincidence that that zombie thing saw me.”

 

“It’s not like that at all. Woohyun’s a prodigy in the fields of dark magic and he could sense that there were traces of that although it was concealed enough so the user wouldn’t be discovered in the area where you were attacked. Zombies don’t have any magic at all so it must have been someone else. But we don’t know any more about it or any possible motives.” The mood was getting gloomier and lunch seemed to have been forgotten.

 

“What a sad-looking bunch you people are. I think a bit of good news will brighten everyone up. Everyone, I’d like you to meet a few acquaintances of mine who I think can help.” Woohyun had just come up to them on the spot where Myungsoo had molested Sungyeol a few weeks ago. It was where they usually hung out now.

 

Four unfamiliar people had come with him along with Myungsoo. They each had a different feel to them. One although young looking, gave off an old man vibe; two that were pretty faces whose gender was questionable; the last one was a very handsome guy who carried himself in an easygoing manner.

 

“Hi, my name’s Sunggyu and I’m a Bookman (1). Woohyun asked me to help you youngsters with the information I know about the paranormal activities usually involved when dealing with the undead.” His eye-smile was totally cute, but he still seemed to feel old.

 

“Neh, how old are you?” Sungyeol was blunt. Very BLUNT, but at least someone finally asked the question that was on everyone’s minds.

 

“Hmm…about 2 centuries.” O_O

 

“…” Sungyeol was shocked! “Monsters can grow that old, too!?”

 

“It’s really nothing special. Among my kind, we have to have long lives so we can record the important events in the world. It’s our job. Isn’t my kind usually studied in the first semester of all years?”

 

“Ehehehe,” Sungyeol quickly changed the subject “What about you guys? What are your special abilities?”

 

“My name’s Sungjong, freshman, and I’m a summoner. I can call on the spirits of the dead and ask them for information or sometimes their help. I haven’t tried calling undead or zombies because, you know, they’re so stinky! Pee-yew, especially with their rotting flesh.” Sungjong seemed a bit diva-ish, but a confirmed boy when his adam’s apple moved.

 

“And I’m Hyunseung, a shadow. I can become a shadow as well as moving through them. I’m also a graduate from here and I’m currently working as a teacher’s assistant. Nice to meet you all.” Another girly boy, but with a thin almost waifish figure. Sungyeol was really wondering why they, more like he, still didn’t have any girl friends?

 

“Hi, I’m Lee Byunghun but everyone calls me L.Joe. As a lycanthrope, I don’t really know how I can help here. My powers have no relation to the darkness and I’m not even a mind-controlling type of mythical.”

 

“Well, you wolves have a really good sense of smell. Maybe you can help us sniff out the bad guy. We’ll send him to the pound.” Woohyun really liked to make puns  (-_-; ). “I and Myungsoo already compiled the information we learned from Sunggyu, Sungjong, and Hyunseung into these papers. Now, we can start our investigation by looking around the school.  It’s still morning so the perpetrator shouldn’t be getting his materials ready until later, but we can still ask around for more clues so let’s split up. I’ll partner with Sungyeol.”

 

“Oka –“

 

“Not without me, of course. Groupings will be in two’s except us, got that everyone?” Myungsoo was now smiling at the thought of being with Yeollie, but someone had to in.

 

“Oh no you won’t! Sungyeol will stay with us!!!! I and Hoya can protect him.”

 

“It’s really okay with me hyu-“

 

“Hush! You wolves would probably eat him up in some abandoned classroom rather than look around for anything suspicious.”

 

“Now you’re being mean t-“

 

“If that’s the case, would you prefer us to partner with someone else then?” Myungsoo’s voice was calm but his eyes held a look saying ‘I am going to murder you PAINFULLY later’ and damn, it really shut everyone up.

 

Except Dongwoo. “W-well yes,” although he was stuttering.

 

“Very well. Sungjong you partner with me and Sunggyu can take Woohyun. Any problems with that?” And while that question may be directed to everyone, his glare was only piercing Dongwoo. ‘Okay Dongwoo, no need to be scared of that brat. He’s younger than you, right? He may have sharp, deadly claws and teeth but a parent must always watch over their child. Fighting Dongwoo!!!!’

 

As the partnering were finally decided and everyone started to walk away into the library, laboratories, and auditorium, Sungyeol felt a niggling sensation in his stomach when he saw how close Woohyun was walking with Sunggyu and how Sungjong was chatting away with Myungsoo (they are classmates so they already know each other), but he just shrugged it away saying he was probably only hungry.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

----------with Namstar and Sunggyu---------

 

“But hyungggggggg, I wanted to stay with Sungyeol…..” Woohyun has been whining pathetically to Sunggyu during their whole time together while Sunggyu mostly ignored him or answered him with grunts as he was concentrating more on the surroundings.

 

Dejectedly, he followed him like a beaten puppy. “Hmm…so what makes you think that he’s really the one they meant in the prophecy?”

 

Woohyun’s ears perked up at that and replied “Well, I could be wrong, but I just have this gut feeling that he’s my other half (or third if you count Myungsoo). I won’t let him go even if it’s otherwise.” Woohyun would have said that he was considering locking him up to make sure of it, but that sounded a tad too extreme.

 

“Too bad. I thought he was cute, too. Really my type. Maybe I can steal him from you after this fiasco.”

 

“Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

----------with Myungsoo and Sungjong---------

 

“Hey Myungsoo, what’s so special about that guy anyways? I mean he is a looker, but he’s still human. What could you possibly get from him that others don’t already have?” As opposed to the previous team, this team was actually working together.

 

“It’s not just looks and power. I’m sure that my heart will beat only for him.” Sungjong was sweatdropping at the sappy comment coming from the usually emotionless vampire.

 

“But you’re a vampire. Your kind doesn’t have beating hearts.”

 

“Shut up! It was a metaphor!”

 

“U-huh. Hey Myung, if things don’t work out between you, can I have him? I mean, he is taller than me, but I can totally see myself dominating him. Those long legs wrapped me would be really hot.”

 

“Don’t you dare, you little troublemaker. Protecting Sungyeol from attackers and beasts like you is my duty and punishing them is my pleasure.” As the color black started to seep into the edges of his eyes, Sungjong could clearly see that his pupils were starting to turn gold

 

‘Shi*! That’s not a good sign. Better change topics quickly.’

 

“Hmm…we should really go faster myung. Our school is way too big for us to finish if we go slowly.”

 

“…Let’s go faster then.” And Sungjong congratulated himself for averting that predicament and made a mental-note not to antagonize Myungsoo too much about anything concerning Sungyeol.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

----------with Hyungseung and L.Joe---------

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

They worked in total silence as they really didn’t think they had anything in common. It was VERY awkward but at least they did their job efficiently.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

----------with the remaining three---------

 

Sungyeol was feeling weird. He couldn’t stop thinking about a certain vampire and demon. Maybe he was wrong to reject their affections, but well sometimes – my god, it’s just that sometimes they looked like they wanted to devour him and it stirred something in him that he couldn’t understand.

 

He really was doing his work half-heartedly so he didn’t notice anything when the room started to go blurry for a second. He just continued down the hallways too lost in his thoughts to note that his hyungs were no longer walking with him.

 

When almost no light was available and the shadow seemed to move eerily, he snapped to attention and looked outside the window. It was completely dark and Sungyeol could suddenly hear every sound clearly while hoping that if something were to happen, it would only be his imagination playing tricks with him.

 

*Crackk*

 

That definitely wasn’t a figment of his imagination. And the zombies banging the window in front of him were as real as he was.

 

“What is this!? Do I have a sign on me or something that says ‘Please attack me’?” Sungyeol was now running to the other end of the hallway when a zombie managed to open a window and hoards of them were now coming in.

 

With sweat dripping down his brow, Sungyeol realized that this hallway seemed to be going on and on and the zombies were gaining on him fast.

 

‘Pant. Pant. I’m not sure why, but this all feels like an illusion and my body just can’t keep this pace up.’ As the shadows stretched and wrapped around his body, Sungyeol knew this was a trap and now he was cornered. ‘Now there’s no Myungsoo and Woohyun to save me. I guess my luck has ended.’

 

“Raaarghhh!!!!!!!”

 

The sound of a zombie’s scream made him look up again and a beautiful sight to behold was saving him. Four pure white wings came out of his back while beautiful blond hair framed his face angelically. He held a golden spear and pierced it through the bodies attempting to harm him. When the blood spattered on his skin that seemed to glow, he gave off the image of an avenging angel. Only when Sungyeol managed to calm and look closer at his features did he realize who it actually was.

 

“Hongki-hyung!”  He couldn’t believe it! The kind senior who guided him on his first day came out of nowhere to suddenly save him. Sungyeol never saw him after that day except for when he sang onstage for the school choir. ‘He had the voice of an angel…wait, he really is one!!!!!’

 

When the zombies just appeared to increase in number nonstop, Sungyeol began to worry if his hyung could handle that much. ‘Aishhh…Why am I so useless? I’m just a burden on everybody.’

 

And as Hongki was being driven back by the brute force of so much attackers, a dark form suddenly jumped into the middle of the undead mass. Hongki appeared to recognize him and hurriedly rushed to Sungyeol to envelop both himself and Sungyeol from flying debris as a massive amount of deadly dark magic was expelled from the mysterious being.

 

The zombies were now mostly scattered limbs and such so Hongki used this time to inspect the damage on Sungyeol.

 

“Hmm…other than the dust on you, there seems to be no bruises” Sungyeol was wondering something about his beautiful hyung so while he was continuing his examination, he asked:

 

“ Hyung, where did you come from? And why only now?” The questions seemed a bit vague but Hongki understood what Sungyeol was trying to say.

 

“A few students were disappearing and I was sent out to investigate since I’m part of our Student Council. I’m guessing they were probably turned or infected by these…these gruesome bunch and the trail eventually led me to you. As for your other question, I have a possessive bully for a lover so I don’t really get to interact much with others, but I did want to meet you again. Hopefully in circumstances different than these.”

 

Sungyeol was goofily smiling now. ‘So hyung really wasn’t avoiding or ignoring me after all. That’s a relief.” Then Hongki’s eyes suddenly caught on the ring on SUngyeol’s finger.

 

‘The designs are archaic and it looks like runes that are made to seal something. A bit to similar to those on my earrings, but these carvings are impossible. I’ve only seen these on books and their purpose are still a bit unclear to me since the one who created them took their exact usage to the grave with him.’

 

“Sungyeol, this ring, can I take it off?”

 

“I’d rather you not, hyung. My parents told me never to take it off but – “

His sentence was cut off when the ring started crack. Hongki was panicking a little inside ‘What’s happening? I mean, I only touched it a little. It’s not my fault, right? Oh my, what to do? What to do???’ And when the ring fell off of Sungyeol’s finger in pieces, something starting to burn in the pit of Sungyeol’s stomach.

 

‘Wha-what is this? My skin feels hot, like it’s burning and ughhh…my heart…’

 

* Ba-thump*

 

* Ba-thump*

 

* Ba-thump*

 

As his heartbeat faded, a scream of pain and terror pierced the atmosphere of death and decay that surrounded the area.

 

 

Author's note:

(1) Total rip-off from D.Gray man ehehe

Anyway, I've finally updated after sooo long. Sorry about that but my muse ran away from me. Gasp! Where hath my inspiration goneth??? Someone saveeeeth meeeee DX ...sooo I hope this long chapter is okay. not too fast and awkward. tell me your thoughts please everyone XD