The Bloody Battle

I'm NOT food!!!! T_T

Under the fading moonlight, several beings moved quickly and quietly, hidden by the dense bushes and tall trees. The rocky terrain not deterring them from their goal and slowing their pace bringing with them the stench of blood and death.

 

As hours pass and the sun starts to shine its rays on the school, a sudden turn of events will unfold...

 

At exactly 7:00 am, our adorable Sungyeol was abruptly pulled from his sleep when an uninvited Sungjong pushed him off his bed.

 

Yah!!! What was that for!? I was just about to save my husbands before you woke me up!” Sungyeol was definitely not a morning person as he grumpily staring at Sungjong.

 

Not my problem, hyung. It was Hoya-hyung who sent me to tell you to go to cafeteria right away,” Sungjong who would normally give a sassy retort at someone, was instead contemplating on teasing Sungyeol since he looked so cute pouting at Sungjong while trying to rub the sleep from his eyes. But a very scary image of Myungsoo with blood dripping over his mouth broke him from that train of thoughts and sent him walking away quickly.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Sungyeol POV

 

It took me a while to get ready since I was still grumpy from my rude awakening but I found my way back to the gathering room. The clock near the doorway said that I was only 15 minutes late. Butterflies scattered throughout my stomach. 'Could they have news about Myungsoo and Woohyun?'

 

"Sungyeol! There you are! What took you so long!? Next time we might just trackers and video cams in your room."

 

"Sorry Sunggyu-hyung, I was busy."

 

"Okay, we were about to go to the library, relax for a while. Do you want to join us?"

 

I thought that over. 'Relaxing in a library...and eventually being nagged into studying...that doesn't sound fun at all! I'll just make an excuse.'

 

Maybe later hyung. I need to go take a bath now.”


 

"That's fine. I'm sure you're still tired from yesterday. But don't take too long or I might be tempted to join you," and with that he hugged me and gave me a wink leaving me dumbfounded while he rushed off towards the doorway to join the others.

 

Did..did that actually happen!? Was Sunggyu-hyung actually flirting with me!? I must still be dreaming...”

 

And so I headed the way I came in. The hallways were completely quiet. No one in sight. I felt partially relaxed yet partially nervous because I was alone (Nothing good has ever come out from me being alone in hallways). My life here has changed my world for good. I had friends, sort of. I had my own room too. It was like life changed for the better. Except for the still unsolved mysteries. And the monster enemies. And the life-threatening experiences.

 

I drew a deep breath and then made my way through the dorm hallways. No use in me developing a phobia of hallways (that sounds so weird) and anyways, my room was close.

 

My room was just how I left it with my bed looking especially inviting, but hygiene comes first and I immediately headed towards the bathroom. Splashing cold water onto my face, I appreciated that no one was up this early and had seen my face at breakfast. I looked like a mess! (Sungjong's vanity was definitely rubbing off on me) After my teeth were brushed and my appearance fixed, I thought about my missing friends.

 

I didn't close my eyes, I just stared at the ceiling. Tomorrow was going to be wonderful. I could just tell.

 

The thoughts of Myungsoo suddenly came and it was calming. He was relaxing like a warm cozy blanket on a cold day. As for his appearance, well, I'm really being shallow when I say his face alone is enough to make you want to date him. I mean L was gorgeous! Any sane person who could see could admit to his looks, you couldn’t deny it (his fangirls would kill you if you did). He had amazing, soft-looking curls framing his face perfectly that you just wanted to tangle your hands into. His golden eyes are also y. And don't those eyes only come out when he's feeling sadistic and stuff? Am I also forming a pain ? BAD THOUGHTS!!! Moving on, his scent! Wait...let's not go there. This is starting to sound all creepy stalker-like.


 

I'm gonna transfer to Woohyun. Because unlike the former who is seduction incarnate, he has a smile which is just charming and beautiful. And enough cheesiness to feed millions of mice. At least his body made up for it. Those abs are yummy! Damn my mind! Maybe I should buy them a whistle later. It seems my ersion is a late bloomer and is coming out just now.

 

All of a sudden, a shiver went down my spine even though I'm in a warm room. I didn't feel comfortable in here, the air around me felt unnatural. I looked around and noticed that the fog was still heavy outside.

 

'Strange. It must be nearing 9 now and it's still there?'


 

"AAAAAAAAAHHH!!!" a horrified scream echoed throughout the school breaking my musings.


 

I rushed to the windows and the sight had me white-faced and panicking in seconds.


 

I was startled to feel someone touch my shoulder spinning around to see Sunngyu. His face was troubled and angered. But when he saw me, it tuned resolute. "Yeollie..."


 

Hyung, there are dead bodies outside.”


 

I looked into his eyes , but the answers in his eyes only made my nauseous feelings increase. His mouth opened and the words that came out my blood freeze.


 

It's time.” Sunggyu looked a bit scared but continued. "Wendigos. A horde of Wendigos have found their way into the school."


 

The war has officially begun.


 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No one's POV

 

Blood has been shed and the beasts were going wild. The courtyard was a mess and everyone had spread out to save as many as possible. Sungyeol watched as several Wendigos began to move slowly in a circle around him. Sungyeol turned, keeping an eye on the rabid creatures, and had the feeling that he now knew what it was like to be hunted by a shark; the circling stalk that would inevitably close tighter around him until the final rush—

Sungyeol gasped as a Wendigo abruptly lunged. The younger man tensed and dodged, but froze before counterattacking when a shriek of terror came from behind him. Whipping around, he found a teacher being mauled to allow a couple of students to escape, only to be attacked by another. The Wendigos' numbers seemed to be endless.

But Sungyeol needed to concentrate again when the circling stalk began again.

'Right,' Sungyeol thought. 'I'll be ready this time. I won't—'

Another swift rush and the youth found himself burning through solid flesh which fell with a sickening thump.


Glancing up, he watched the other Wendigos howl at the death of one of their own and attacked all at once.

'I wish I had a sword,' Sungyeol groaned mentally. 'Melting all these blood and guts is disgusting.'

And so, when Sungyeol was done with his group, he rushed to another . About twenty were surrounding two teachers who were trying to protect their students. Just as one of the beasts noticed him and moved forward to attack, Sungyeol threw himself forward, rolling beneath the monster's charge. He reached up, caught hold of something, and yanked with all his might, burning through the tough skin.

Finishing the roll, he found himself holding a head – EW! The beasts growled again and hurtled themselves at him. Sungyeol knew the others were no match so he tried to cover them exposing several weak spots to his opponents.

 

Sungyeol's mouth opened in a silent scream when a clawed hand managed to slash him. As he looked down the length of his body he saw a long gash on his left leg. Gritting his teeth while feeling vulnerable, he decided to go on the offensive taking down half of his enemies. But with all the blood gushing from his wound, he was starting to get dizzy after delivering a roundhouse kick to one of the Wendigos.

 

Sungyeol's worry only increased when he saw that the once depleted number of his enemies had increased. There were not enough strong people here and Sungyeol knew the massive inequality in his friends numbers to the Wendigos would take its toll on them. He only hoped they could last until all the Wendigos were dead.

 

Relax,” Hyunseung’s voice growled from the shadows. “I will win this battle and I won't let you die.”

The younger man shivered, feeling relieved that his friend's words and that he was still alive.


As the other began taking down beast after beast, Sungyeol's relief began to turn into hope that they really would win. After all of them were taken down, Sungyeol and Hyunseung approached the scared huddling group of people. Only when the group was suddenly swallowed by a huge mass of shadows killing off the screams coming from the inside did dread start creeping back into Sungyeol's heart. Sungyeol hoped that Hyunseung had a valid reason for his actions. That was rapidly crushed as he turned to see a insane smile painted on Hyunseung's once delicate face.


“H-Hyun…” Sungyeol squeaked, his skin rippling with goosechills, “W-why?”

“Why?” Hunseung cackled at that. “I said: I won't let you die. Do you remember?”

Sungyeol nodded, his head moving jerkily. “Y-yes, but...”

“I never said that I would let anyone else live.”

 

But what about Hoya and the others? Our friends?”

 

Friends?” Hyunseung was outright laughing at that. “Other than you, all I see are trash. Trash that I will dispose of right now.”

 

Hyunseung laughed with dark triumph when Sungyeol shook his head, and then lunged off the ground, running away to find the others.

In a flash, Hyunseung was there, blocking the path with a wild and wicked grin on his face.

Sungyeol, however, was very agile and flexible. He let his feet slide out from under him, went down on his right hip, and slid sideways between Hyunseung’s legs – which were spread far enough for Sungyeol to slip through, skinny as he was. Once he slid through, he rolled up onto his feet and dashed away.

 

Hyunseung only sighed at the sight of Sungyeol's useless escape from him. Stray Wendigos that were finished with their battles and had come back were watching as well; waiting for orders. Hyunseung's only answer was a spine-chilling smirk as he dropped into the shadows.

As for Sungyeol, he found himself running as fast and hard as he can despite his exhaustion. Weaving amongst the dead bodies as carefully as he can without losing speed, he tried to ignore the nausea rising as he tried to concentrate on finding his friends. He couldn’t hear anything behind him, but he knew Hyunseung was following him. A part of him wanted to stop; to turn and look back – similar to the irrational urge to check if there really is a monster under the bed. The rest of him was smarter and forced his feet to keep running.

As soon as he got to the end of the field and nearer to the start of the forest, Sungyeol ran straight into it and discovered the havoc that was transpiring there between his bloodied friends and the growling beasts. There wasn’t a sign anywhere of Hyunseung and he still had time to take his friends and go. Deciding to risk it, Sungyeol dashed across the woods towards the group as they finally finished the last Wendigo there and started cheering. Their happiness escalated as they saw Sungyeol running to them only to be wiped out as they saw something that made them go pale.

Glancing back, Sungyeol saw Hyunseung’s arm lash out into the air where his torso had been only moments before.

Acting on instinct, he reached up to grab hold of that arm, pivoted, and threw the man over his shoulder with all his might in a reflexive move he’d used a lifetime ago. To his surprise, the move worked, and Hyunseung went rolling away from him, leaving him free to run to his friends again. His lungs were already starting to burn and he could feel the sweat covering him. But he wouldn’t stop; couldn’t stop. His friends needed him.

But before he could reach them, Hyunseung appeared behind Dongwoo, facing him with a scowl that suggested he wasn’t quite so amused anymore.

Sungyeol's momentum only stopped when he saw Hyunseung raise his fatally sharp nails beside Dongwoo's neck. All movement seemed to stop at that.

Panicking, Sungyeol stopped and you could practically see the fight leaving his eyes as his body began to slump in defeat.

 

What do you want Hyunseung?”

 

I believe I've told you before what I wanted.”

 

"But - but why?"

 

"You will know after you join me."

 

Sungyeol didn't know what to do, but the implications from the way Hyunseung looked at Sungyeol and the words he had said before could be taken no other way.

 

If I – if I go with you...will you leave our – no – my loved ones alone?” Sungyeol had never expected words could ever hurt him as much as this.

 

Sungyeol NO!” “Stop!!! You don't know what you're doing!” He could clearly hear the desperate shouts from Hoya and the others, but their safety was more important to him than his own.

 

You have my word that there will be no more attacks here, now come and let us join my partner,” Sungyeol was now using all his willpower to not let his tears escape as they all watched as Hyunseung began advancing on him slowly, a predatory smirk on his face.

 

The others could only struggle at the dark manacles sprouting from the shadows beneath them trapping them in their places unable to do anything to stop their Sungyeol from being taken away.

Hyunseung’s arm tightly gripped Sungyeol's waist and pulled him against his body with a surprising amount of strength given Hyunseung's somewhat lithe figure. Sungyeol closed his eyes, despairing of what may become of him, as he was dropped to the ground covered in darkness. 

 

Author's note: OKAY!!! After more than a year, I've finally updated! Hurrah!!! XD Thank you to my loyal readers who have stayed with me and sorry as well for making you wait so long. I hope this chapter is good enough because my muse escaped and I just couldn't seem to write anything that good. :( Maybe the next chapter will be the last or the second to the last. not sure, but hopefully it won't take me this long to update again) Everyone please tell me what you think ^_^