Chapter 8; Special Chapter

Taking Chances

Special chapter for my lovely readers! YAAAAY~
This is written in Sunggyu's POV, since I wanted you to catch up lately on how he's feeling. ^ o ^
Oh and... WOOGYU DATE~!  ♥


 

Sunggyu

When an average, healthy person imagines someone who has cancer, they have this vivid image in their head where their face is pale; expression colorless and faded. Like their whole life is being thrown away… and they feel weak and helpless. They even sometimes imagine someone who is like slowly turning into dust; until what existed in them disappears into thin air.

It's all wrong. Notall cancer patients are like that. I like to think of myself as a very happy, and cheerful person. Sure at times I feel a bit nauseated, and chunks of my hair falls once in a while. But that's normal in cancer patients. Once you go through a around of chemotherapy, you're all set. You're ready to ride on this rollercoaster of pure madness. But hey, you have to live with it. That is, if you want to treasure your life. Not all patients look as depressed as the ones you see in movies.

Personally, I've been pretty good after the therapy. I've experienced minor differences; like gaining more fatigue, and losing my hair, but I have been expecting it. It doesn't hurt. At all. It's just.. different. I've been wearing hats more often. I'm also starting to throw up less, which, is a good sign according to Sungjong. He's been reading books about cancer for me.

After what had happened in the roller skating arena, I began to see the others differently. Appearance could really hide what was really inside. When Woohyun told me about Sungyeol and Myungsoo.. at first, I didn't believe him. But then again, it did happen to me. I guess our brotherhood as a group can get pretty close and intimate. It makes me wonder who's next.. Dongwoo and Hoya? Sungjong and Hoya? Sungjong and Dongwoo? Ayish…

"Sunggyu hyung."

My train of thought had broke when I heard his voice. Woohyun. What can I say about my best friend? When I first realized that I was actually in love with him, I was terrified for my life. I thought fighting with him would help me restrain myself from falling more for him, but it only made things worse. And, courageously kissing him… it was… magical. Scratch that, it was more than magical. No words could describe exactly how it felt. "Hm?"

"Can you read the list one more time?" He asked, as he scanned the aisle for what he needed. I couldn't stop staring at his perfect fit body as he did. I've done this many times, I sinfully confess, but this time I could do it without Woohyun suspecting anything. A small smirk formed on my face. Woohyun felt my eyes on him somehow, and looked at me sternly. I jumped a little as I saw his eyes on mine and looked back on the crumpled list.

"Eggs, milk, watermelon, ramen, coffee…" I began to read at loud, my finger following along. My eyebrows raised as I saw something unfamiliar. "Lemon candy…?"

Woohyun chuckled softly. "That's for Jongie~" he replied happily with a smile. "I promised him I'd buy lemon candy. Don't ask, hyung."

I laughed along with him. I gave him a small nod, and folded the list back up in a tiny square. "Arasso. I won't ask. But… I am worrying about your influence with him, Woohyunnie… Sungyeol-ah told me that you showed our maknae… ." I gave him a devious glare, for my leader side of me has activated.

Recently, Woohyun and Sungjong had been growing close. It makes me wonder why they have. Apparently in Sungyeol's words, he had caught the two of them in their room watching on his laptop. I remember the last time we showed him things like that.. he ran away with his eyes closed and had nightmares for the whole week.

Woohyun looked like he was holding in his laughter. He had his hands cupped in front of his mouth, shaking. My eyes squinted at him, telling him that it wasn't funny. He finally stopped laughing and put his hands down. "Hyung.. Sungjong is a man now," Woohyun replied coolly, placing his arm around me. "He needs to open his eyes on these kinds of things now. Like… you." He winked at me and laughed.

I felt my cheeks flush when he pointed to the direction thatI needed to open my eyes about . What the hell did he mean when he said that? "W-What do you mean by that?" I asked nervously. I couldn't even believe he brought this topic up right now. While we're in public, in the canned food aisle of a super market. What is this pabo doing?

"I'm just saying, hyung~" He chirped. I could suddenly feel his presence right beside my ear. His warm breath was so enticing, it made me want him to continue what he was doing. "But for the record? I always.. top." He whispered huskily in my ear which of course caused me to have chills run down my spine.

In my many years of knowing him, I have never heard Woohyun talk like this. To me, especially.

-------------------------------------------------

Woohyun and I continued to shop for our daily necessities in the super market. We were able to find everything we need, including Sungjong's lemon candy, and even found a few extra things that might be fun to have in the dorm. We stopped by in the middle of the aisle where they had different types of decorated showcased behind glass. I examined them to see which one we might all enjoy.

"Gyubabyyy~" Woohyun whined, wrapping his strong arms around my waist from behind. He placed his chin on top of my shoulder. "Let's just go buy cake mix, and make a cake on our own. We can even decorate it and eat it together~"

"Yah, Woohyunnie, you're acting like a little kid," I replied, my eyes still scanning at the different cakes. "We're going to make a big mess and the manager hyungs are going to get angry with us." We didn't even make the cake the last time. We just threw all the ingredients at each other.

Once I looked back at him, his eyes were wide, which vaguely resembled like a helpless puppy. His lips were formed to a pout and his arms were now crossed. "If you don't buy the mix, I'm going to run around the super market screaming, and do my aegyo at random people~"

I squinted at him, not sure whether to believe him or not. I tapped my chin slowly. "I don't believe you," I playfully teased at him. I have to admit that pushing Woohyun's buttons was one of my favorite things to do. He just looks really adorable when he's furious.

He looked at me with his evil eyes, followed by a devious smirk. He slowly took a deep breath. His mouth was open, ready to scream something out loud. He is not just about to scream in public.

Before he could scream whatever he had to scream, I quickly ran over to him and covered his mouth with my hands. "Yah! I believe you now!" I hissed at him as he struggled to set himself free from my arms. I chuckled softly, admiring his child-like attitude. "Arasso, arasso, let's go get us cake mix…" I finally told him, defeated.

"YAY~" He yelled out loud for everyone to hear. A nearby auntie looked at us with a disgusted look, and I bowed at her slightly for forgiveness. I quickly nudged at Woohyun to tell him to stop. He looked at me, and then at the lady, giving her an apologetic bow as well. She looked at us with a small smile, and left.

Woohyun grabbed my hand and interlaced his fingers with mine. He gave me a heart-warming smile, causing my stomach to do little flips. I had always loved that winning smile of his.

"Come on, hyung, let's go get us cake mix~"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Being with Woohyun like this is definitely different. Almost as different as being a patient with cancer, but, I'm actually enjoying this one. Every minute-- every second I'm with him he makes me feel like I'm not even sick. Like I'm not even dying from the inside out. He makes me feel like I'm almost.. healthy.

The two of us finally finished our weekly grocery shopping after spending almost two hours in there. Half of it had to be at least Woohyun picking the right cake mix and decorations. It felt like I was the one wearing the pants in the relationship, and well, he was the one wearing the skirt.

As we reached the parking lot, Woohyun handed me the plastic bags filled with our groceries and fished for the car keys in his back pockets. I looked around my surroundings as he opened the van's trunk.

"Woohyun?"

A voice called out from the distance. It was a woman's voice. Woohyun and I both turned our heads to where the voice came from.

There was a girl, almost the same age but a little younger than Woohyun walking towards us. She had long hair, partly wavy. She had dark brown almond eyes and her skin was very fair. Was she an old girlfriend of Woohyun's?  "Woohyun oppa is that you?"

I quickly glanced at Woohyun who constantly looked at her than back at me. He looked panicked. He looked scared. I could see him tremble uneasily as he looked back at her. She's an ex girlfriend all right.

"Eunji.." He said slowly, giving her a small hug. He looked back at me and noticed the confused expression on my face. "Hyung, wait in the car. I'll be there in a minute."

Without further questions, I did what I was told and sat inside the car to wait for him. I looked through the mirrors and found him talking to her excitedly, like he had good news. She had a big smile on her face and so did he. I was still confused and lost about the whole situation. Who is that girl, and why is she talking to my Woohyun?
 


Author's Note: HELLOOOO~! I'm back! Well, for now, but still! A quick, fluffy update for my readers! ♥ Oh, and WHO IS THAT GIRL? Hm.. Hm.. Drama is building~ OHOHOHO.

OH, AND 50 SUBBIES! UWAHHHH~ THANK YOU! This n00b loves you guys.