The Opposite

Wanted: Perfect Husband

 

“Hyuna unnie, I found someone for you! I’m going to Yoseob oppa’s place today so you can fetch me at about 3,” Hyerin said early in the morning during breakfast.

“That fast? How did you find him anyway? Did you put up an ad or something?” I laughed.

Hyerin gave me the are-you-kidding-me look.

“Arasso,” I said, knowing she wouldn’t answer to my stupid question.

 

At about 2.30 I was all ready to take Hyerin from Yoseob’s house. I’ve been there a couple of times as they had been friends since middle school. I pressed on the bell as soon as I stepped onto the porch of the house. A tired looking guy opened the door.

“Yes?” he asked with eyes half opened.

I looked at him from top to bottom. His hair was a messy spike and he’s wearing a black sleeveless top with jeans. I caught a glimpse of his tattoo across his arm and one across his collarbone. When he spoke, he reeked of alcohol. I rolled my eyes.

“I’m here for my sister,” I said.

“Sorry I don’t sell sisters here,” he said. I thought he was trying to joke around but he wasn’t even laughing or smirking. It was as if he really meant what he said.

I raised an eyebrow. “Do you know Yoseob?”

“Yes.”

“Well is he inside?”

“Yes.”

“Is he with a girl?”

He took while to answer. “I think so.”

I sighed. “Well that’s my sister.”

“Okay.”

My eyes widened a little. Is this guy for real?

“So.. can I go in?”

“Why?”

“TO GET MY SISTER!” I screamed at him in frustration. This guy is getting on my last nerves.

“Why can’t I just call her out?” he said.

I took a very deep breath and exhale out slowly. “Then call her.”

“I don’t know what she look like,” he said. All the while his face was emotionless. He wasn’t even taken aback when I shouted at him.

“Then let.me.IN!” I shouted, frowning at him.

He nodded and opened the door wider for me to go in. I stormed all the way in and asked where was Yoseob’s room. He closed his eyes as if trying to visualise his way there.

“Walk straaaaiiggghhhttttt….. turn right!” he said with his eyes closed.

I looked at him, not believing what I saw. Okay this guy is so freaking weird. I did what he said and found Yoseob’s room.

The door was opened and I was about to knock on the door when I saw Yoseob and Hyerin laughing happily while sitting side by side on the bed. There were albums lying around on the bed and they were looking at one of them.

“Remember when your arm was casted coz you fell from your bike?” Hyerin said, pointing to a picture.

“Yeah! You were the first one to sign my cast! But your handwriting was the worst actually.” Yoseob laughed.

“Yah! How can you say that! I was only 12 back then. Now my handwriting is far better than yours okay!” Hyerin smacked Yoseob’s arm playfully.

Yoseob just smiled widely. “I know jagiya.. no matter how bad your handwriting is, I still love you.” Yoseob kissed Hyerin’s cheeks.

I’d be lying if I say I’m not even the least bit jealous of what I saw. I’m touched at how Yoseob treat Hyerin. So much love and happiness around them. I never experienced it before as I was too focused on books and studies during my schooling days. Even when I’ve started working, all I did was my work. I’ve never had a boyfriend. Mind you, I’m not a nerd. I just don’t pay much attention to this kind of happiness. I have a family that loves me and friends around me. For me, that was enough.

I knocked on the door and stepped in.

“Oh Hyuna unnie!” Hyerin said as both of them looked up to me.

I just waved my hand once in one direction and smiled.

“Who opened the door for you noona?” Yoseob asked.

I was so touched by the scene I saw that I forgot about the weird guy.

“Oh ya! Yoseob-ah, who’s that guy that opened the door for me just now??” I asked.

Hyerin and Yoseob looked at each other. Then he turned to me.

“Noona, isn’t that what I asked you just now?” he asked.

“Oh really? Well how should I know. He has spiky dark brown hair and half opened eyes. He got two tattoos. One on his arm and another across his collarbone,” I said, trying to remember back his description. “Any idea who?”

“Aaah!! Junhyung!” Yoseob said and I can quite see the lightbulb above his head.

I tilted my head as if to ask “well, who is he??”

“He’s my cousin noona. He just got back from his world tour. I guess he’s really tired. He was sleeping when Hyerin came.”

“World tour??”

“Yup! You don’t know him? He’s a singer and rapper. Sometimes he works alongside other singers.”

“Rapper? The people who talk so fast that other people cannot comprehend and call it music?”

“Er… y-yeahh.. Noona! He’s very popular worldwide! How can you not know him??”

Hyerin cut in before I could answer. “Oppa, didn’t you know? Hyuna unnie only watches the news and listen to opera and classical music.”

Yoseob raised his eyebrows in disbelief. I smiled widely showing that I’m proud of it.

“Yah Hyerin-ah, can we go now?” I asked. I was getting tired standing in the middle of the room while the two of them sat comfortably on the bed. I wonder why I didn’t grab a seat in the first place.

“Yup! Oppa, do you wanna follow us?” Hyerin asked, smiling expectantly.

Yoseob nodded happily.

 

We went downstairs and saw that Junhyung was watching tv in the living room drinking coke.

“Hyung!” Yoseob called out to Junhyung. He turned. His face was much fresher now and his hair was nicely spiked up. He stood up and I saw that he did have some muscles on his arms. Why didn’t I see that before?

“Ah Yoseob-ah. Where you going?” he said.

“Me and Hyerin are going out for awhile with Hyuna noona,” Yoseob said pointing to me.

Junhyung turned to my direction and tilted his head. I just stared at him. I’m not sure if I wanted to greet a person like him. Its not that I judge a book by its cover, its just that he didn’t seem….welcoming.

To my surprise, he smiled. A very gentle and innocent smile. He walked towards the three of us, well, more of to me but I couldn’t be too sure.

As soon as he stood in front of me, he held out his hand.

“I’m Junhyung. Sorry if I didn’t seem welcoming just now. I guess I was still in a daze after being woken up abruptly,” he said.

I shake his hand and smiled. Maybe he’s a little welcoming. But I still hate that he drinks and have tattoos. AND he does not have a proper job. I mean come on, a singer and rapper? How much can you make out of that? And if you’re older, you will lose your fans and how do you earn money then?

“So… where are you guys off to?” Junhyung asked.

“It’s a secret hyung!” Yoseob answered and smiled widely.

Junhyung raised one of his eyebrows. He shrugged. “Have fun,” he said and walked to the room on the second floor.

“Lets go!” Hyerin said.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hyeeee!!! thank you all for who had subscribed!! do comment yea? i look forward to it! :D and for others, DO SUBSCRIBE!! :DD