Chapter 9: Lets Go Dream Team! Idol Special Part 1

Baby Good Night

A/N: Heads-up people! Long chapter coming your way!

Hehe! Happy Reading!

-----------------------

 

“Finally, the moment we have been waiting for!” MC Lee Chang Myung exclaimed. “This may be the most exceptional, unforgettable, treasured, memorable, notable and all-description-you-could-think-of episode of Lets Go Dream Team! ever!!!” MC Lee Chang Myung hoisted his arms as he roared.

The camera turned around to video the whole area which was a massive track and field. The staffs were also captured in the video and all of them were wearing big black jackets with thick scarves that almost covered their faces. The breeze was also very very cold.

“At present, I feel like I’m about to have a nervous breakdown yet the happiness that surges within me is unbearable.” MC Chang Myung held his heart as mist was seen from his deep breathing. “In a moment, we will welcome the idols of different idol groups that come from YG and SM entertainment that soon will be fighting against each other to become the ultimate player of this Idols Special episode.”

A blurry capture of the guests was taken as each of them was sitting side by side at a corner. “And now, without further ado, let us welcome, first from SM entertainment, the nation’s treasured girl group, Suh Nyuh Shi Dae!!!” Right that moment, the nine girls waved and walked towards the stage where MC Chang Myung was standing with “The Boys” as their background music. The girls wore their white goddess inspired get-up underneath their white blazers and scarves. “The celebrated boy group of all time, Super Junior!” Out came, Shindong, Donghae, Kyuhyun and Leeteuk rubbing their hands in a comical way as Sorry Sorry begun to play.

After SuperJunior, the music changed abruptly into “I Am The Best” of 2NE1. “Let’s welcome the fierce girls of YG, 2NE1!” Dara, CL, Bom and Minzy came out wearing uniform black trench coats, walking with swag. They bowed lightly to everyone. “Last but not the least, definitely not the least, according to their latest album ALIVE, they are Bad Boys, let’s clap our hands to Big Bang!!” Fantastic Baby played as each of the Big Bang members strutted their way to the center stage. All of them greeted with a bow.

“Wow! Let us all clap once again for all of them.” MC Chang Myung insisted. “Again, welcome to the show ladies and gents.” He said as he addressed each of them. “This is an honor for us, in our show, to be able to guest the top groups of KPOP in one show. This rarely happen, especially to YG artists, so we thank you for coming in this show.” MC and the guests bowed once more. “And on top of all of this, do you know why I feel like flying right now?” The guests shook their heads. “It is because, for this Idols Special episode of Lets Go Dream Team, since you are all idols and special, our commentators will also be idols and special. Do you want to know who they are?”

“NE!!!” The guests yelled despite the cold weather.

“Alright! Come in here, sunbaes, Lee Hyori and Rain!” The guests’ mouths were opened out of surprise as Hyori and Rain walked towards them. All of them bowed again. Even the idols acted like fan girls and fan boys when they saw the two. “Even with the cold weather around, I can feel the heat that’s emerging from these youths, ready for battle. Now it may seem that it is a battle between the companies but it’s not. It is neither a competition between boys and girls. We made this episode much more exciting than that. But before I’ll explain any further, let us change our outfits first to prepare for the battle of Idols.”

“Cut! Idols, you may change your outfits now to prepare for the games. We will give you a 15 minute break to prepare. When we go back, we’ll be filming for the groupings. Ok?” The PD exclaimed through his big megaphone.

All of the Idols start to go back to their designated dressing rooms that were located inside the building of the stadium. Top, who was standing farthest from where SNSD stood during the filming, walked with big steps towards Tiffany to get a hold on her as soon as everyone started to leave.  “Fany, can we talk?”

Fany, who projected to leave with her fellow members, stopped walking and faced Top. She just looked at him with a glare for a moment. “No.” She took away her arm from Top’s grasp, then followed her members quickly.

 

2 weeks and 3 days ago

“Yeobsaeyo? This is Fany. Can I visit you at home this evening?” Fany asked the other person at the phone as she walked back and forth in her room at her dorm. “I’m planning to make a surprise birthday party for Seunghyun oppa. Yes...yes, this would be my first time to celebrate it with him. Yes, auntie. I know auntie, that guy is such a forgetful one when it comes to dates.” She giggled and looked at the encircled date at the pink calendar that was pinned on the wall. “Of course you’re included in the plan, that’s why I called you.” She giggled again.

“Dinner’s ready!” Sica said as she closed the door with a bang. I told her not to do that. Seriously.

Ne. Thanks auntie! I’m gonna tell my plan further to you later this evening. Ok bye!” She took a quick deep breath and followed the aroma of freshly delivered all-cheese pizza.

The next day, 1 day before Top’s birthday

Sunny took a sip from her hot cafe Americano. “Ah! So hot. My tongue!” She unthinkingly grabbed Yong Hwa’s cold glass of water and immersed her tip of the tongue in it.

Yong Hwa, who was seated opposite her, Hyoyeon and Fany, only looked back and forth at his water and Sunny. Hyoyeon and Fany laughed at his expression. “Unnie! That’s oppa’s water.” Seohyun said with an embarrassed look on her face.

“It’s ok, Hyun. I’ll just order another one.” He said reluctantly.

Sunny only smiled apologetically. “It was because of Fany.”

“Yah! Chincha. And you blame me?” Fany said with a stifled laugh.

“Because I’m envious of you. This kid is finally going to celebrate her boyfriend’sbirthday with hisfamily.” Sunny said with a mischievous smile and winked her eye.

Tiffany blushed and smiled. She couldn’t help but smile. She has been preparing for the surprise for two days now. Deep down, she was really excited for tomorrow. Everything was going smoothly according to plan, the food, cake, her present, the house, his family and her. The only one missing and needed to make the whole thing work was him. She drank her cappuccino as an attempt to hide her expression.

“Look at her. Trying to hide that smile.” Hyoyeon pointed out. “I’m really jealous over lovestruck people, like the two of you.” She said as she pointed at Yong Hwa and Seohyun.

“Mo? Us? We’re not ‘lovestruck’ people.” Seohyun retorted. “We’re just friends unnie.”

“Is that right Yong Hwa-ssi?”

“Uh, yes. We’re just meeting out. To keep up from what we’ve missed out from each other.” He said with a hint of disappointment.

“Maknae, don’t be insensitive towards your Yongie. That’s bad.” Sunny said as she sipped on her coffee again. “Ow!”

“Unnie, be careful.”

 

Top’s Birthday

3 pm. “Wow! Look at you Fany-ssi! You’re beautiful in that dress!” Top’s mom said as she and Top’s dad welcomed Fany with a polite hug.

“No, you look beautiful auntie.” Fany said to compliment Top’s mom who wore a whitish pastel dress with beautiful pearls around her neck. While Top’s dad was in a dirty white formal get-up. They let Fany come in the house. The house was decorated with white balloons floating at every corner of the house and the food and cake were already placed on the dining table. Only Top’s family and she were in the party, Fany planned it out to be just like that. She wanted to be close with his parents. She thought that it was about time that she’d be familiar with his family since they have been going out for a while now. His older sister wasn’t able to come because she was working abroad. They chatted for a couple of minutes.

“When is he gonna come here?” Top’s dad asked.

“I called him, and I told him he should be here at around this time.” She smiled reassuringly. They resumed on having their polite talk. After a couple of minutes, her phone rang. “About time.” She said to his parents. They smiled back. “Yeobsaeyo, Oppa?” She said then winked at his parents. “Where are you?” She can’t help but smile, she was so giddy. “At the airport?” Her smile still frozen on her face. Top’s parent’s became silent.“To Japan?” Her eyesmile slowly replaced by tearful ones. “For a CF?” She dropped the call even if Top was still talking on the other line. Her eyes ended at the perfectly wrapped box that contained her gift for him, a signed CD of his favorite rapper which included a recorded birthday message from her.

 

“Ok, now let us start with the groupings. You will be grouped according to color. As you can see in front of you, inside of that covered box are balls with the colors pink, green, blue, yellow and red. You pick one ball and you get grouped based on the color of the ball that you picked. Ready?” MC Chang Myung instructed. Each of them picked one ball in turns.

As a result, pink group consisted of Sooyoung, Seohyun, CL and GD. Blue group members were Yoona, Sica, Shindong and Taeyang. Green group members were Fany, Hyoyeon, Minzy, Kyuhyun and TOP. Yellow group members were Sunny, Taeyeon, Dara, Daesung and Donghae. Lastly, Red group members were Yuri, Bom, Leeteuk and Seung ri. Then, as instructed, they wore the sweaters of their group color.

“From what I can see in your groupings, you guys are really divided equally. You even have very ideal allocation of the guys.” MC Chang Myung said.

“What about me, I’m the only guy in the group.” GD said jokingly while s laughed with him.

“Isn’t that good? Hyung, you would be like the superhero for your female group members.” Daesung responded.

“Or do you want to join them instead Daesung-ie? We would be happy to sacrifice you.” Dara retorted. Donghae grabbed Daesung’s arm and pretended to give him to GD’s group.

“Yah! I was only kidding. I’m happy here, Dara-noona this is the best group.” Everybody laughed. They were only trying to pump up the mood.

As soon as everyone settled down, MC Chang Myung questioned, “But, can I ask you this question? Since you’re from different companies, have you ever gone out like hang out together in a friendly way? I mean, a lot of fans are curious about your personal relationships with other artists especially from other companies.”

“No, actually we haven’t gone out together yet. We only get to meet YG artists when we get to perform in the same show. I think this would be the first time that we’ll get the chance to really interact with each other.” Shindong said as everyone responded with a nod.

“Yeah, actually, we don’t really meet other artists aside from YG artists. We like to keep to ourselves and concentrate on the work side of things. And we’re shy people so yeah.” CL interjected, her fellow YG artists agreed with nods.

“Omo! Then, we feel honored that we’re actually the ones that gave you this chance to finally get mixed and become closer with one another. But wait, I’m sure some of you have a friendly relationship already like, perhaps, Top and Fany?” The camera zoomed in to both of them. At this time, both knew what question will be asked about them. “What a coincidence, you’re both from one team. So since the both of you are here, and this has been quite a buzz for quite some time now, can you clarify it for us to whether you are dating or not? Pictures of you being together are leaking in the internet."

Everyone was waiting for one of them to answer. All of the guests know that they’re dating. In fact, everybody knows who’s dating who. But they were anticipating to what the two will come up this time to deny their relationship.

Top actually looked more virile now because he opted to change his hairstyle back to a simple buzz cut and gained more pounds than during his days when Big Bang were releasing their latest album ALIVE which was almost a year ago. He stood closer to Fany, and turned to face her. “Fany-ah! What do you think? Are we dating or not?” He said as an attempt to kid around. His Big Bang members chuckled knowledgeably.

Meanwhile, Tiffany was fuming with irritation against him because during the time that Daesung and the other guests were kidding around, Top constantly tried to rest his arm at her waist secretly or hold her hand while she kept shoving him away. Her irritation just got into maximum after he asked her the question. She didn’t show any hint of flattery, not even a crack of smile as she looked up to him. Everyone was silent, everyone was waiting for her to answer. Top who was also waiting just kept smiling. He expected that she would get her way out from the question using her aegyo, just like how she usually does at other shows. “No. We’re not dating.” Fany said in an impassive and cold manner. Then she looked away and smiled at the MC as if nothing happened. Everyone was shocked with their mouths slightly opened. There was dead air for a moment.

“So I think it’s best if we start with the games. Our first game will be a 400x100 relay race. Four from the group will be asked to participate. Each runner will pass the baton to the next runner, you know that rule right? Participants should be three females and one male.”

“So what about us? There’s two girls and two boys here.” Shindong butted in.

“Yeah, same here.” Leeteuk added who was in Red Team.

The MC went over to the PD for his decision. After a while, MC Chang Myung walked back with a smile. “As our PD-nim decided over there, Blue Team shouldn’t really take that as a problem because Shindong-ssi can be exempted from that rule.” Everybody laughed.

“Yah! I’m actually a fast runner even with this weight.” Shindong bit back. But the MC shrugged it off.

“As for the red team, one male has to give way to Hyori-ssi. She will play for you instead for this game.”

Hyori’s eyes widened. “Mo? Wasn’t it my purpose here to commentate? What is this? This is injustice!” She said good-humoredly.

“Yah. Just do it noona. Everybody knows how athletic you are.” Daesung said who’s close with Hyori because of Family Outing. Hyori pretended to roll her eyes at him.

 

“Everyone ready?” The staff, who was assigned to start the game, shouted through a big megaphone.

“NE!!!” Everyone said as they were perfectly positioned on their assigned spot in the race. Their positions depended on each group’s decision. Most of the groups let their male member be the last one to run. For the Green Team, Fany was assigned for the second leg of the run while Top as the runner of the last leg. The first runners crouched to prepare for the run. BANG! The first runners, Sooyoung for Pink team, Yoona for Blue, Hyoyeon for Green, Sunny for Yellow and Bom for Red team were cheered on by their group members.

“The race has finally started, as we can see, Sooyoung-ssi was the first to run for the Pink Team, and do you know, Rain-ssi, that it is not a good decision to let Sooyoung-ssi to run first or even to run in the first place?”

“No, why?” Rain asked. The commentators were seated on an improvised stage in the middle of the field.

“In this show, we know that long legs will not guarantee you to win running games. We’ve seen and proven that because of Sooyoung-ssi. She’s not very athletic. And another fact about Sooyoung-ssi is that you are her ideal guy.” MC Chang Myung said.

“Really? That’s unexpected. And as we can see in the screen, she is laughing while running?” Rain said as he and MC Chang Myung looked at the screen.

“She must’ve heard our conversation since we are wearing our mikes on.”

While waiting at his spot, Top focused his gaze on Fany who was cheering on Hyoyeon with the top of her lungs, jumping occasionally. He smiled. She looked so little from this distance. He raised his right hand, squinted his eyes and tried to size her up using his thumb and index finger.

“Hey, Hyung what are you doing?” GD called out. He was next in lane with Top, also the last runner for his team.

“Just measuring her up. I never realized how tiny she is from a distance. She looks so fragile.” Top said without stopping what he was doing.

“Hyung, why don’t you look at other things for once, like the ongoing race?”

Top dropped his hand and looked over to GD. He saw Leeteuk who was next to GD looking over at him too and smiled. Top smiled back, knowing that he was listening on their conversation. “Leeteuk-ssi, I heard you came here in the same van with her this morning, how was she?”

“Fany was ok. OMO! She tripped!” Leeteuk said as he raised his arm to point to what he was seeing over Top’s shoulders. Top quickly turned around and saw Fany rolling hard on the ground. Without second thoughts, he ran with all his might towards her forgetting about the race.

Simultaneously, the race was stopped temporarily. Everyone near Fany started to run towards her. She tried to raise herself from the ground but was unable to. “Ow!” She looked at her right hand which had a deep repulsive scratch that only one layer of her skin was left. She could see the red beneath the thin skin. Just at that moment, CL arrived first and held her by the shoulders, helped her to sit.

“Unnie, are you ok?” Yoona asked as she arrived too and sat beside Fany. “Omo, you have a scratch on your forehead.”

Fany touched her forehead. “Ow! It stings.”

“Fany-ssi, don’t touch it. Let’s wait for the medics.” CL said as she and Yoona tried to dust off her back.

Top arrived before the medics who were running still at a distance. “Are you ok?” Fany was surprised to see him when she knew that a moment ago he was at the opposite end of the field and now he was beside her.

“Hey! What are you doing?” She yelped when Top carried her up in his arms.

“What does it look like? I’m gonna bring you to the medics.” He said as he walked towards the medics who were also running to their direction.

“Or we could’ve just waited for them to come.” She snapped while squeezing her grip more around his neck.

“Mi Young, babe. Just shut up.” Top said and continued to walk.

Fany wanted to retort back but she was taken aback when he called her by her Korean name. It was the first time he called her that. The medics finally arrived and let her lie down on the stretcher, leading her to the treatment area.

 

 

 

“Hyung, are you gonna run? They’re resuming the game in about 5 minutes.” Daesung said standing beside Top.

“No, I’ll pass. I’ll stay beside her. Maybe Kyuhyun can take my place. Tell them I’m sorry.” Top said as he patted Daesung’s back.

“No, it’s ok. We understand. Good luck hyung.” With that, Daesung ran back to the field.

Top sat next to Fany whose arms were being bandaged by a medic. “Oppa, just go back to the game. I can take care of myself.” Fany said with a stern expression. She didn’t look up to Top.

“No you’re not. Look at you, you have so many scratches in your face, your arms and your leg.” He said as he pointed each one of her injuries.

“Yeah, I know that, I’m not blind. Besides, you’re not really needed here. It’s not as if your part of the medic team.” She said, still not looking at Top.

After a moment or two, “Why are you pushing me away?” Top said in a deep voice. The medic who was medicating Fany sneaked a glance on him.

“I’m not pushing you away. Why? Does it feel like I’m pushing you away? Cause if it does, it’s not my faul-“

“Is it because of my birthday?” He said, still in a deep voice.

“It’s exactly because of your birthday!” Fany cried. She made a gesture towards the medic to leave the two of them. “You stood me up over some cheap model in front of your parents!” She felt a lump form in as she was about to cry but she contained herself from it.

“I’m sorry babe. I didn’t mean to. You know how forgetful I am when it comes to dates. I-“

“I knew you’d say something like this. Actually, I would’ve understood if you really needed to go to Japan for work that day. I know how workaholic you can be at times. I can accept it even if I looked like a fool in front of your mom and dad. But knowing that that night, you celebrated your birthday with another girl, how does that make me look like?” She said as she wiped her tears. Her voice was trembling with madness.

“Seriously, I only remembered that it was my birthday when she mentioned it to me when we had dinner together with the staffs of the CF-making. I couldn’t say no to her when all the staffs were anticipating on dining out together.” Top tried to explain.

It was because during his birthday, his flight to Japan wasn't expected at all. As he was about to go home, Pres. Yang Hyun Suk called him and told him to get ready for his flight to Japan that afternoon. He didn't had much of a choice. During that night, the Japanese model that was his partner in the CF invited him to dinner together with the staffs. Initially, he refused but the model mentioned that it was her treat for his birthday. That was when he remembered that it was actually his birthday. That moment, he remembered Fany and realized why she was acting so weird that day, calling him to come home to his parents every now and then. He realized that maybe Fany and his family prepared a surprise for him. He slapped his hand so hard on his forehead. But he couldn’t do anything; he was in Japan after all. And he couldn’t really refuse the people in front of him who were waiting for his answer.

That night, he kept calling Fany’s number but she wasn’t answering.

 

Tiffany only scoffed. “Wow. That seems believable.” She said in a sarcastic tone.

Top held her hand that was free from bandage and knelt down in front of her. Fany was a bit surprised but managed to look like she didn’t care. “Fany-ah. I love you. I will never do anything that will hurt you. I mean, it wouldn’t make sense if I hurt the woman I love.” He put her hand on his chest to let her feel his beating heart, his eyes pleading for forgiveness. “Can you feel how much I’m hurting right now because of you? I never liked and looked at anyone else since the first we met. Fany, I’m crazy about you.”

 

 

--------------------------------

A/N: i really took my time to write this chapter. this is a difficult chapter for me. anyway, thanks for reading. salamat!

 

note! main image sourced from My Mind Mine retrieved from http://sasa3848.tumblr.com/