Chapter 3: Revelation of the hooded man

Baby Good Night

"Could you be any slower?" The hooded man said while his gun still pointing at Top's head. Top could not see the man's face since the lower part of his face was covered by a handkerchief and he was wearing a very dark sunglasses and covered his whole head with his black hood. They have been riding for a whole hour now, and the direction that they were in was going towards the highway to hell. No actually, just the highway to the countryside. And this whole time, Tiffany and Top were very stiff, afraid to even move their fingers. Top tried to communicate with the hooded man a couple of minutes back but the man just kept shoving his gun to Top's head to shut him off. Whilst Tiffany could have burned a hole through her bag that was placed on her feet coz she was staring at it all this time, wanted so badly to get her cellphone and call for help. But of course, how would the hooded guy not notice of she'll move.

"I said, could you be any slower?" The man repeated. Top tried to say something but the man cut him off. "DRIVE FASTER or else.." He pointed his gun to another direction, this time, to Tiffany's head. Top heard Tiffany whimper, so he stepped on the accelerator the deepest his foot can go. "That's what I'm talking about." Said the hooded man who leaned back.

"Mister, we'll take you wherever you want, I promise you that. But please don't hurt us." Top said, his voice a bit shakey, nonetheless, he maintained his composure. He wanted to act bravely, he wanted to protect Tiffany, he wanted to assure her that  nothing bad will gonna happen to her. 

"Huh! Hurt you? Why would I even hurt you!" The hooded man said. Huh? Top was a bit confused at that statement. He tried to look at the rearview mirror again. Of course, he's still covered. He tried to think if this was a prank or a real deal.. He decided that it's a real deal.. he doesnt even recognize the guy, even in the built of the body. "What are you looking at huh? LOOK AT THE ROAD! YOU FOOL!" The hooded guy said as he raised his gun again, pointing to Tiffany's head. Top didnt like how he was pointing the gun at Tiffany, so he tried his best to stay calm and not make everything worse. So he drove on and on.

30 minutes passed and the drive was still ongoing. They were definitely on a deserted road now, near the countryside. Rice paddies can be seen on the left side of the road. The sun was slowly setting. Top tried to sense Tiffany. She was still frozen, still in a panic.What do I do? This thing should end now. Ive been driving the whole day now.. And the fuel! Its pointing to empty now. !

"Stop there." Said the hooded man, pointing to a convenience store that is standing alone beside the road. Top slowed down and parked in the parking lot of the store. "Hey, lady, buy us some food. Sodas and some noodles." The hooded man said to Tiffany while shoving her lightly on her shoulder. Tiffany only nodded. She looked so scared as she looked at Top when she hopped out of the car. "Hurry. And here's the money." The man said as he handed out the money.

As Tiffany went inside the store, she didn't know what to think. She just stood there for a moment, trying to process all that has happened. When she finally got her senses back, she immediately went to the store cashier to ask for help. She glanced back at the car, and saw the hooded man pointing the gun to Top's head. She saw Top slightly shake his head saying no. So she just went to grab some noodles and sodas and paid, got out of the store without saying a word to the cashier. But she wondered a bit as to why did the hooded man gave her the money. Probably because he didnt want me to touch my bag. Yeah, that's plausible. So she went back to the car and the drive continued.

It was already night time, and the road has become so dark. Tiffany felt so tired now but at the same time fear just kept rising.  She felt so stressed and she was full of defferent emotions for the whole day. Her body just couldnt take it any longer. She just couldnt keep silent any longer. 

"Pls. stop this. I can't do this anymore. Pls take whatver you want just let us go!" She begged the hooded man.

Top was surprised to see her breaking down like that. So he started to negotiate with the man to stop this nonsense but just as he was to say something..

"Actually, we're here." The hooded man said, pointing to a place where there were dim lights on the ground, looks like garden lights. They proceeded to a road that led to something like a house. The side of the road where planted with garden lights. And it gave a sort of a romantic vibe. As they got nearer, the silhouette of a big house emerged then as they got nearer the house became clearer. Is that a rest house or something? Top thought. Even Tiffany stopped crying and looked hard at the scene in front of them as they got nearer.

Finally they stopped in front of the house. Top and Tiffany looked at each other confusedly.

"Hehe. We're here!" The hooded man said. Then he got his phone and called someone. "Hyung! We're here! Yes, we finally arrived. It was very exhausting. So what's the next step? Yes, yes, yes. Ok. Yeah, Ill give it to him hyung." The hooded man handed his phone to Top. "Hyung, Ji yong hyung wants to talk to you."

"Mo?" Top asked as he stared uncomprehendingly to the hooded man. But the man did not answer, instead insisted to give his phone. Top picked it. "Yeobseoyo?"

"Ah hyung! This is ji yong! You're there?" the man on the other line said.

"What?"

"Anyway, hyung just come inside the house and we'll talk and take Tiffany-ssi with you. She mustve been very tired. I feel so guilty for doing this to her."

"What?"

"Oh by the way, that's Daesung with you. Daesung is awesome. Wondered how you didnt even recognized his voice."

"What?" Top looked to the hooded man as the man slowly took off his hood, sunglasses and hanky and smiled innocently. 

"This is a fake gun hyung. Mianhe Hyung!" He said, then he run out of the car so fast.

Tiffany and Top were left looking at each other again, looking so confused now. Then it hit him..He's so gonna die now, that rascal. "KANG DAESSSSUNGGGG!! YOU !%#@&^%!!!!!!! I WILL KILL YOU!!!" and with that, he ran after daesung.

Tiffany was left in the car, she heard Daesung shouting Mianhe! with the top of his lungs. She didnt know how to react. She was dumbfounded.

_______________

note! main image sourced from My Mind Mine retrieved from http://sasa3848.tumblr.com/