Finale Part 1: Preoccupied Minds and A Good Scheme

Baby Good Night

 

Seohyun stirred the tea placed in front of her and the other cup next to it for the third time now. There was hardly any sugar added in them as she prefers drinking tea in its pure taste. But she kept on stirring rigorously as if the small amount of sugar wasn’t overly dissolved enough. Everyone was still sleeping. It was only 7:16 am anyway. But her gogumas were rapidly replaced with one hamburger after another. Where has he gone to? Did he forget all about today? Chincha! This tea is getting cold. She was indeed losing her patience.

“Brrrity, broot. Brritty, brrooot!” sang the doorbell.

She quickly got to her feet and went to open the door. About time!

“Good morning Hyun!” greeted cheerfully by Jung Yonghwa as soon as she opened the door.

“Good morning.” she said back in nonchalance. Then simply went back to the kitchen without even attempting to turn around for him. She sat uprightly and finally took her first sip on her tea which made her feel a bit relieved. But it did not help get rid of her sour mood. Yonghwa, on the other hand, sat on the seat next to her.

“Wow. Is this for me?” Yonghwa, without waiting for a reply, emptied the content of the cup that was placed in front of him down to the bottom. “Hmm. Nice blend.” And sipped the last drops. Meanwhile, Seohyun was watching him the whole time with an obvious hint of infuriation. Yonghwa noticed her expression. “What’s wrong?”

Seohyun raised her hand to show the time. “It’s 7:16. I told you to come here by 7 am sharp.”

“It’s actually 7:17.”

“Whatever Yong!” exclaimed Seohyun. His clever remarks just made him officially become one big greasy hamburger in her eyes.

Yonghwa rose from his seat and hugged his Hyun from behind. Seohyun, however, went a little stiff as she was not comfortable in this kind of position, even more that her unnies might walk in on them and catch them. All the same, she still let him hug her. She liked it.

“I’m sorry if I’m late Hyun. Look,” He delved something in his pocket. It was a box. He handed it to Seohyun.

Seohyun opened the small box gently until she saw what was inside of it. It was a baby pink guitar pick. And her name was engraved on it. This made her crack a beautiful smile.

“I went to the shop to get this. That was why I was late. The owner was still sleeping when I got there so I woke him up and told him that my wife was waiting for me.” He whispered in her ear.

Seohyun felt her face reddened. Her eyes twinkled as she kept her gaze on the pick, as if it was made of diamond.

“I think it’s worth the risk of getting scold at. Happy 100th day.”

She turned her head to the side to face him and stared at his eyes. She nodded her head once and smiled sweetly. “Gomawo Yong nampyeon.” Yonghwa smiled. He then slowly closed their distance for a kiss but was interrupted with a loud BANG of a door.

Seohyun pushed him as abrupt as banged door. Yonghwa was close to plummeting down the floor so it was lucky of him that he got a hold of the chair.

“Unnie! You’re early.” Seohyun asked in a hurried tone. Her face reddened.

Meanwhile, Tiffany was running everywhere. It was apparent that she just woke up with her bloated face and shambolic hair, as she took along her towel and robe with her. “Oh, Yonghwa-ssi! You’re here!” She yelled out of surprise. Yonghwa, on the other end, bowed his head only slightly. “Omo! Happy 100th day you guys!” she cheered breathlessly. Not caring if she’ll wake the rest of the girls. “I’m really happy for you guys? Say, did you court Seohyun-ah like how many months?” she asked out of the blue.

“A year and a half.” Yonghwa proudly stated. Seohyun only giggled beside him. She rested her arm around Yonghwa who was standing by her side.

“A year and a half!? Talk about being patience. I’m impressed!”

“Unnie, would you like to drink some tea? You seem agitated and panicky.” Seohyun poured hot tea from the tea brewer to an empty cup and handed it to her preoccupied unnie.

“Thanks. It’s ‘cause I woke up late. I didn’t hear the alarm clock. I’m supposed to be in a dressing room where my makeup is being done by the professionals by now. The recording will start at 9 am.”

“What recording are you doing unnie?”

“Strong Heart.” Tiffany sipped her tea in a hurry but stopped halfway. “Urk! Why is this so bitter?” She immediately ran to the bathroom. The couple looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. “You’re going to a trip, right?” Tiffany asked both of them as she opened the door in a hurry.

“De. We’re going to the goguma field that I bought for her.” Informed Yonghwa.

“If that’s the case, you better take care of our baby, or else I will never forgive you.” Warned Tiffany.

“Most definitely ma’am.” Said Yonghwa and bowed deeply. Satisfied with his answer, Tiffany nodded her head and closed the door, again with a BANG.

Seohyun smiled and her boyfriend’s back to somewhat console him.

 

 

Top inhaled deeply. He barely felt anything. It was as if his nerves and veins iced up just like his hair. He exhaled deeply. ‘It’s going to be fine, hyung!’ Taeyang said the previous night. ‘Don’t beat around the bush and just say it directly, so it will have an impact.’ Seungri added.

Tsk, those kids. Do they even know what they were saying? It’s easy for them to say coz they’re not in my place. He thought. He was sitting on the hood of his car that was parked in front of the building of his girlfriend’s dorm. It was still early in the morning and moisture in the air was heavy so there weren’t a lot of people walking around the area. He liked this kind of mornings because he was loose to hang around publicly just like a normal citizen. But today, he did not feel loose at all, he stood with his head bowed deeply. That’s why the few people who recognized him hesitated to approach him, he was too preoccupied.

“Oh! Seunghyun oppa!” Seohyun broke his train of thoughts. He turned his head and saw Seohyun and Yonghwa who were holding hands and both wearing the same army jackets. Yonghwa had a big backpack on his back.“Are you here to see Tiffany unnie?” asked Seohyun in her innocent voice.

“Uh, no, I mean, yes, but no I’m not going to see her.” Said Top.

The couple looked at each other in a confused way. “So why are you here then?” Asked Seohyun.

“Uh, I don’t even know. I should be at SBS right now coz I am recording a show at around 9 am.”

“Strong Heart?” Asked the couple in unison.

“Uh, yes, how did you know?”

“It’s because of Tiffany-ssi, she’s so funny. She was like everywhere. It’s still early in the morning and already she’s loud. She was panicking because she’s late.” Said Yonghwa with a bit of a chuckle.

“She’s still here?”

“That’s what I’m saying hyung. Why is everyone weird today?” Yonghwa stated carelessly. He immediately wiped his smile out when he saw Seohyun’s expression. “Certainly, I’m not talking about you Hyun.” Seohyun only stared at him so he had no choice but to bow his head.

“By the way, where are you two headed at?” Top asked.

“Ah, we’re going to the goguma field that Yong brought for me. We’re going to harvest some gogumas. It’s our 100th day as a couple today.” Seohyun shyly stated; with her cheeks lightly turning pinkish.

“Oh, happy 100th day to you then.” Top said cheerfully. The couple replied with sincere smiles.

“Anyway, hyung, we better get going. We still have a long way to drive.” Yonghwa said.

“Of course. Take care then. Oh, and you better take care of Seohyun-ssi or else you’re dead meat to the ladies up there.” He pointed his hands upwardly.

This caused Seohyun to giggle as Yonghwa opened the door of the passenger’s seat for her. He then went straight to the driver’s seat. “So I’ve heard hyung. Anyway, I’ll just hope and pray that this day will turn out great for us all right?” Yonghwa said before getting inside his car. Seohyun, as well, waved goodbye as the car engine started and drove away.

 

Top wanted to go up. She’s supposed to be in the set by now. He didn’t know what to make up of his feelings, if he should be pissed off or be more nervous than ever. This should not fail. Even if the morning was cold and foggy, he couldn’t stop himself from breaking in cold sweat. How is this gonna be? What am I going to do?

He wiped off his perspiration on his forehead and decided to go back inside his car. He opened his phone and fiddled Tiffany’s number.

“Good Morning Tabi! Gosh I’m so late, babe, can you call later coz I’m still in the process of fixing myself.” Tiffany said in a rush. He could tell, through her voice, that she was panicking. He was hoping that she couldn’t from him.

So he pretended to sound strict to cover it up. “I heard from my source that you’re still at home?”

“Oh my gosh! Am I the only one not there?” She asked breathlessly. “But I’m really almost done now babe, don’t worry I’m not going to be late. I’m actually going to the elevator now.” He could hear her heels pounding quickly on the background.

“I’m actually not there yet. Uh, do you want us to go there together instead?” Top asked with a hint of anticipation.

“What? How? Oppa, if you’re still gonna go here, then both of us will surely be late. And anyway, I said I’m already going, I’m already at the door. Unless you’re parked in front of our entrance door, ready to go.” Tiffany said as a facetious remark as she combed her hair with her fingers as last-minute preparation.

“As a matter of fact, I am.”

“Huh?”

“I’m here parked in front of your entrance door, ready to go.”

Tiffany, who only needed to take one turn to be in the main hall hurriedly turned and stopped on her tracks to really see if he was telling the truth, and he did. She saw that infamous car of his, where it all started. She closed her phone and sprinted outside.

Top looked at his phone, wondering why she dropped the call. He looked to the entrance door and there, the love of his life, all cheerful and radiant, absolutely the opposite of the morning, dashing to his direction. Her smile helped, even if a bit, to ease his anxiety and dried all of his anxious sweat glands. He was about to get out of the car to greet her and open the door for the passenger’s side for her but Tiffany beat him to it. She opened the door, sat on the passenger’s seat and kissed him on the lips without delay.

“But why a sudden impulse of picking me up? It has been awhile since you did this to me.” said Tiffany as she buckled herself up when the vehicle started to move.

He couldn’t speak right away because his throat was dry. To make it worse, his body was awfully stiff no matter how hard he rolls his shoulders to loosen up. “Why not? And, I don’t trust your drivers to chauffeur you to wherever your schedule may take you.” He said in a very defensive tone.

“Who? Dohyeon-ssi? What are you saying? He has been our driver since forever and I thought you were fond of him?”

He regretted why he made up excuses in the first place when he couldn’t even defend. It was definitely due to the many things that were running through his mind that moment that he couldn’t think straight. “I have my reasons.”

“Whatever oppa, anyway, how did you know that I was still at the dorms?” Tiffany asked inquisitively.  

“I have my sources.”

“And by that, you mean, Seohyunnie and Yonghwa-ssi?” Tiffany guessed without a hint of surprise.

“You could say that.”

“Those two...they looked so excited to go on a trip. They left so early. It must be hard to be in a relationship with Seohyun-ah.”

“Let them be. You were more excited when we had our 100th day before. You slept the whole duration of our date because you were so excited for it you were not able to have enough sleep the previous night.”

“Whatever, oppa. Past is past, I don’t wanna remind myself of it. That was so embarrassing. Anyway, let’s stop at the next block; manager-unnie will be waiting there. I’m pretty sure she’s late waking up too. I mean why did they reschedule our shooting at first thing in the morning? It doesn’t make sense.” Tiffany blabbered.

 

“This feels weirdly familiar for some reason.” Tiffany said when her manager-unnie finally positioned herself at the backseat. Manager-unnie only yawned in response. “Unnie, no more evil schemes this time. Ok?”

Top let out a nervous laugh. He recalled the first time that they’ve been together; it was in this car as well, where his dongsaengs and the manager-unnie that was sitting at the back plotted a scheme for the couple. He certainly did not have any idea that they were gonna do that to him. Even so, he was most thankful for them even if he was scared stiff during those times. If not for them, Tiffany would not be at his side today.

He stole a glance on his girlfriend. She was smiling while looking at the road. Even if she was blabbering the entire time, it still looked like she was breathing the lightest air in her lightest morning ever. Lucky for her? Me? I just wanna finish this thing. No more evil schemes? Hehe. He couldn’t promise that there was no scheme that was going to happen. Because this day? He planned this day for a very long time now. The only difference from before was, now, he was the one who thought of it all, and that this is nothing evil, and most certainly, manager-unnie wasn’t part of it.

----------------------

a/n: I’ve divided the finale in half since it’s long. So hurry and read the next and last chap! :3

 

note! main image sourced from My Mind Mine retrieved from http://sasa3848.tumblr.com/