Chapter 7: Oh My Soju!

Baby Good Night

 

We kissed. Fany was the first to pull away from the kiss. She looked into his eyes. She finally felt that feeling. That feeling of rush, of tingle, of flutters and of excitement deep down in the roots of her body. So this is the feeling of love. She couldn’t believe that she’s falling deeply in love in just 2 days! Two days! My God! She never thought she would be that kind of girl who would easily fall in love. She never expected that she would experience this the first time and with Top! But this is all happening to her. And it’s happening too fast. Deep inside, she was screaming.

She pulled away from him and looked away. She felt herself blush. Top, as well, noticed her beginning to get uneasy. Similarly, he was also dumbstruck and captivated by the kiss. He enjoyed it, that he has to admit. He was the aggressive one during the kiss, naturally insistent to go deeper and deeper. He was a guy after all. He felt wanting more. But he knows he has to consider Fany’s feelings. So he tried his hardest to stop himself from getting more. Besides, they were not alone in the area. There was an old couple who were watching them the whole time.

“Im sorry but can I have a drink of water? Im becoming thirsty all of a sudden.” Fany went away hurriedly and took some water from a bottle that was given to her by Ahjumma. The old couple simply shared a knowing smile together.

Top seated beside Ahjussi as well. Ahjussi scooted closer and whispered, “Girls can be really sensitive to these things. You should understand that.” And patted Top on the back.

“Actually, me and Seunghyun oppa went here because we were looking for a restaurant. We haven’t taken our breakfast yet.” Fany said reluctantly, trying to change the topic.

“Oh perfect! We own a restaurant. You eat there. And don’t you worry about paying us. It’s our treat since it’s your honeymoon.” Ahjumma said as she stood up and started to clear things up.

‘Talk about being lucky.’ Top thought.

The old couple walked ahead while Top and Fany followed. Top walked closer to Fany.

“Do they own this place or something?” Top whispered. Fany only shrugged.

 

 

It was around 5:30 pm when Top and Fany finally went back to their place. The old couple gave them a ride back with their old mini truck. The whole afternoon, they chatted with the old couple about their life in the city. The old couple asked them what they do for a living. They said that they’re both singers, and that they’re very good in it too. Then, Ahjumma asked if they were famous. Top said, “Maybe, just a little.” Fany only laughed. As the conversation flowed smoothly, they managed to adjust telling stories about their life as if they were a real married couple. Top made up stories on how they first met, that Fany was actually the first one to make a move on him. And how desperate Fany was to get his attention. All that time, Fany secretly pinched Top on his waist while pretending to agree with Top. 

“Chincha! I really can’t believe you! Saying all those nonsense.” Fany said as she leaned closer to Top because the wind was too strong and a bit cold whilst Top put his left arm tighter around Fany’s shoulders. They all couldn’t fit inside the truck so Top and Fany sat at the back outside. For protection against cold, Top gave his jacket to Fany to cover herself up. “I felt a little bit guilty for lying to them.”

“It’s not really bad that we lied. They were just white lies. If they’ll know who we are, and that we lied about who we are, they’ll understand. I’m sure.” Top said and smiled to Fany for a reassurance. Fany snug herself more in his arms.

 

 

 

“It was very nice to meet you young lads.” Ahjussi said, still sitting in his truck, while Top and Fany stood on his side of the truck and started to say goodbye. “It was very refreshing to see people from the city.”

“Likewise, we were very happy to meet you. We’d have starved during our stay here for our honeymoon if not for you.” Fany said graciously.

“It is sad that you’re going back to the city tonight. You should prolong your stay here.” Ahjumma shouted since she was seated on the passenger side of the car that was farthest from Top and Fany.

“As much as we would like to, we cannot. We have to get back to work. We’ve got schedules to follow.” Top said then grabbed Fany closer by the waist. “And besides, we work for our future child, right yeobo?”

Fany stared daggers at him.

“That is true. But one more question before we go...” Top and Fany waited naively. “Is it really the ‘in thing’ now to get your hair colored?” Ahjussi asked as he looked on Top’s raging blue hair and Fany’s wavy blond hair.

“Oh no. It’s just because of our job as singers. Sometimes people from the entertainment world ask you to do weird things.” Top said.

“Oh....ok.. that doesn’t make sense to me but thank you for answering cause I was itching to ask about that even a while ago.” Ahjussi said.

“Anyway, we have to leave and you enjoy your stay here. Take care you youngsters and enjoy your married life. Don’t prioritize your work okay?” Ahjumma shouted.

“Ne.” Fany and Top said simultaneously and bowed.

 

 

They watched as the mini truck went away and back to the main road. Top still has grabbed Fany around her waist. “So should we continue to our honeymoon, yeobo?” Top asked.

Fany realized that she was still in his arms so she pushed him away in a teasing manner, and went first inside the house. Top chased and grabbed her before she could close the bedroom door.

“Can I have my second kiss now?” Top asked as he leaned closer to her for a kiss. Fany naturally stood on her toes as well for the kiss, but just an inch away before their lips could touch, she moved away.

“Oppa, we can’t.” She said without hiding her disappointment. She so wanted to get that kiss too but reality got the best of her. “We only met just yesterday.”

“Yeah, I get it. I understand.” Top said as he removed his arms around her. He slowly turned his back to walk away. But, in an instant, he grabbed her again, “But how come you were so willing awhile back?” He said teasingly.

“Oppa, we were pretending as a married couple.” Fany said as she smacked him lightly on his chest, her eyesmile she couldn’t hide.

“Right.” Top said flirtatiously before he let go of her.

“Oppa, don’t you pull that look on me. It’s true! I was just doing it because you told them we were a married couple. It’s all your fault.”

“If you hated it so much, why do you keep doing that eyesmile to me?”

“What? This is just how I smile, oppa.” Fany said. They stood like that for a short while as if they were slow dancing. Top looked into her eyes so deeply.

“I could die just for that smile.” Top said as he slowly caressed her face. Subsequently, he removed himself from Fany and backed away from the room. “I’ll go before I can’t stop myself from kissing you again.”

“Whatever oppa. You fix your things too while I freshen myself up.”

“Oh yeah, don’t call your manager to pick you up. I’ll drive us home.” Top said.

 

 

7:45 pm. It was an hour after Tiffany took a bath, packed her things and readied herself up to go home. She checked on Top if he was ready to go as well. But he was not in the kitchen, nor the living room and not even in the empty and spooky reading room. So she checked outside. And he was there, sitting on the stairs drinking a bottle of soju.

Fany hurriedly went to him. “Oppa, what are you doing?”

“Oh, Fany-ah. My beautiful Fany, sit here.” Top said as he patted his lap indicating the she sit on his lap and grinned widely to her.

“Choi Seunghyun! You can’t be drunk when you have to drive. Oh, stupid, I almost forgot, you’re friends took your keys.” Fany couldn’t believe that Top would behave like this in their last day, in their last hours of being together.

Top held her by the shoulders. “Fany, baby, don’t worry. I just took a little sip, that’s all. I mean, they left it for us, at least I drunk just one. You know, I don’t easily get drunk.”

“Oppa, shut up. You’re totally drunk. Look at you. And you even told me to not to call unnie to pick us up. Chincha!” Fany stood up and called her manager-unnie. “Is this really happening to me?”

She walked back and forth at the porch as she waited for her manager-unnie to pick up the phone. Finally, her manager-unnie picked up after a couple of rings. “Yeobsaeyo Unnie, please pick us up. Top is not doing well right now, he’s drunk! Tell his friends to pick him up too. Ok, ok, yeah, that’s why you should get here fast unnie, bye.” She looked at Top who was now sleeping on the floor with his legs and feet lying on the stairs. Although she felt irritated at Top’s behavior, she couldn’t help it but feel sorry for the guy. She walked over to him and looked at his sleeping face. She smiled. He’s definitely an attractive man. Thus, she made up her mind to move him inside the house. She first moved the empty soju bottle aside before seizing him by the shoulders and tried her hardest to drag him inside the house. Just to the couch, you can do it Fany!

At long last, she reached the couch and mustered all her strength to lift him up the couch. She first lifted his upper body then his lower body. Top only snored loudly. Fany took out a blanket from the bedroom and put it on him. She then sat beside him, gasping for air. She looked at him with an annoyed look on her face. “Chincha oppa! Why do you have to get drunk tonight?” She smacked him on his stomach which awoken him up a bit.

“Fany. Come here.” Top whispered groggily as he shifted on his sides.

“What?”

“Here.” Top said as he patted the space beside him. Fany only stared at the space he was pointing at. “Please?” Top said as he raised his head a bit and looked at her sleepily to wait for her to lie down next to him.

Fany took a deep breath and decided to grant his wishes so she climbed next to him and snuck under the blanket. Automatically, Top hugged her like a pillow where his head rested on her chest and his legs wrapped around her. She was surprised but what can she do now. She’s trapped. She smiled because she find it cute how Top can be such a kid. She his head soothingly. “Oppa, out of all nights and you do this tonight?” She looked at his adoring face, who in turn, snored louder than ever. “I was expecting our last night to be good, but come to think of it, I think this is better.” She giggled. “Am I not right oppa?” Top hugged her tighter.

 

 

9:46 pm. Fany woke up when she heard someone knocking on the door. She checked her watch to look at the time. 9:46. Then came the knocking again with her manager-unnie calling out to her. Oh, unnie, they finally arrived.She rubbed her eyes and looked at Top. By now, their faces were inches apart with Top’s arms still wrapped around Tiffany. Slowly, Fany removed his one arm away. Thinking that she’s free, she slowly wriggled out of him, but she fell down on the floor with a loud thud on her head. Ouch! She looked up to see that his legs were still tightly wrapped around her lower body. The commotion awoken Top with a start which made him let go of Fany’s lower body so she fell down on the floor completely. Way to treat a lady. But she ignored the discomfort and got up to open the door.

 

It was Seung-ri who went to pick Top up. He also fixed his clothes and other things with a friend, since Top was still a bit drunk. Top insisted that he will fix them himself but they just asked him to lie down the couch until they depart. Meanwhile, Tiffany and her manager-unnie checked twice to see if there are things still left. The food in the fridge was split between her and Top. Fany took the meat and other foods while Seung-ri brought the Soju bottles with them.

“I really apologize for how he acted. But blame it on us, and not to hyung, since we were responsible for bringing the soju in here.” Seung-ri said to Fany. Fany tapped him on his back.

“No it’s ok. I’m not angry. I was just surprised how easy he gets drunk.” She giggled and checked Top who was now lying on the passenger’s side of Seung-ri’s car. “How about Oppa’s car? Who’s gonna drive it?”

“Oh, my friend is gonna drive it for us.” Seung-ri said as he pointed the other guy who also helped him fix Top’s things.  “So we should go now. It’s getting late anyway. Oh do you wanna say goodbye to hyung?”

Fany wanted to but opted out. “No it’s ok. Let him rest, he must be having a headache now. I have his number so I’ll contact him next time. Thanks for asking.”

“Ok. But really, nuna.. Oh, is it ok for me to address you as ‘nuna’?” Seung-ri asked.

“Yeah.”

“Honestly, nuna, we’re really thankful that you agreed on this kind of meeting with him. He has always fancied you, although he never admits it to us but we already have a lot of evidences. Hehe. We feel sorry for him because he’s too shy to tell it to other people, let alone you. “

“Don’t worry about it, he wasn’t that shy to show his feelings when we were alone.”

“Oh, really? Then that’s good. Anyway, we should be going now.”

“Us too. See you next time Seung-ri.”

“Yeah. Bye and have a safe trip home.”

“You too.” With that, Fany waved good bye to Seung-ri. She took one last glance at Top, hoping that he was awake but he was still deep in his slumber. So she walked towards her van and got in. She looked one last time at the honeymoon house that was beautiful at night. I’ll never forget you now and forever, that’s for sure! Bye!

 

 

 

10:51 am. Sooyoung woke her up harshly. “Fany! Fany-ah! Wake up! Fany!” Fany couldn’t take it any longer so she took off her blanket roughly.

“What!?” She was the last one to rouse up in bed but she still felt sleep-deprived.

“A visitor in the living room. Hurry up and fix your hair, and for goodness’ sake, wipe your drool.”

“I don’t drool.”

“And brush your teeth!” Sooyoung closed the door after she left.

Whoever the visitor was, she definitely needs to fix herself up. So she hurriedly went to the bathroom which was connected to her room and did her business. Right after, she covered herself with a thick jacket to cover her pjs underneath. She wondered who the visitor was, but she’s got a strong feeling that it might be the man who she spent her last two days with. She opened the door and attempted to go out to the living room to meet the ‘visitor’ but slammed on someone tall instead.

She looked up and saw Top staring down at her holding one pink rose. She saw her members at the background, giggling and whispering. Sooyoung and Taeyeon linked their arms and danced like crazy at the back.

“I’m sorry. For last night. I should’nt’ve drank that Soju. I messed up our last night. I feel really awful right now. I know I’ve disappointed you and I’ll do anything to make up for it. Promise!” Top said, looking so miserable. And handed the rose to her.

“Aww. Look at this poor miserable kid.” She giggled and brushed his hair in a messy way with her fingers. “So pitiful.”

“I, uh, actually planned to ask you about one thing. And it was one of the reasons, no, it was the reason why I let myself get drunk. Because I was, uh, mustering up courage.”

“Courage for what?”

“Courage to, uh...ask you out.” Top looked at her with an anxious look. “Will you be my girlfriend, Tiffany Hwang?” He knelt down on his knees.

“YES!” Shouted the girls at the back.

Fany felt her heart skip a beat for a second or two. Immediately, her eyesmile came out. So this is the day huh?

“I mean, if you don’t want to, I’ll understand. You don’t have to pressure yourself. If you’re still mad at me for last night, I’ll understand. I know I shouldn’t have drunk that Soju. I was just going to take a sip but I don’t know how I ended up drinking the whole bottle-“

Fany knelt down too, grabbed him by the collar and kissed him. “WHOA!?” The girls at the back said, at a disbelief.

“I thought you’ll never ask.” And kissed him again.

 

----------------

note! main image sourced from My Mind Mine retrieved from http://sasa3848.tumblr.com/

happy reading!