2nd Encounter 🤩

YOU ARE MY DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You can run from the truth. You can run and hide from the truth. You can deny and avoid the truth. But you cannot destroy the truth. Nor can you make the lie true. You must know that love will always uncover the truth.” – Delano Johnson

 

FLASHBACK : (Year 1990)

Dara POV:

I’ve been on the road a lot over the past few days; I was in Jeju last week , and I’m currently in Jinhae. We have lived in Jinhae for the past ten years because Dad was assigned to this port. My early years were spent in this lovely location. I’m going to genuinely miss this paradise. It’s April, and I’m wandering along Yeojwacheon stream, which is the ideal site to see cherry blossoms. Dad is relocating to Busan; therefore we won’t be able to attend the navy port Festival after this one. I have to go to attend his farewell party as a Family member. I also had to say goodbye to my friends. Even though I was studying in Seoul, I would visit Jinhae once a month to meet my family and friends. But now that my family will move to Busan, I hardly ever get the chance to see my friends.

.

.

.

In Jihnae, love is in the air, During the festival season, Isn’t it beautiful? The fact that you can only witness this once a year enhances the experience. It seemed like a honor. It’s incredible to see them in full bloom like this. They fade to a beautiful pale pink, and them almost white.

I’m curious how many paintings, songs, and poems have been inspired by the fleeting beauty of these cherry blossoms.

I love it when the flower petals fall and dance along the gentle spring breeze; strolling under these full- blooming trees create a magical ambiance; they look so delicate and fragile.

I felt like I was in a fairy tale, but without my prince. Even if you’re single, walking by the stream’s edge is quite romantic. I’m simply trying to take in all of this lovely beauty one final time. We only have a few days before returning to Busan, my birthplace.

.

.

I’ve made some wonderful friends here, and I’ll miss them terribly. I need to tell my pal the bad news. I’m sure they won’t be happy, but that’s life.

Today I made a decision and will inform my friends before they hear from other source. I  promised my girls gang that we would meet at the beach next evening. But first, I’m going to inform my best friend; who is always there for me whenever I need him.

.

.

Today evening I will be meeting Donghae in the park. We have spent most of our time together playing in the park; it holds many of our childhood memories. I am very nervous and don't know how to tell him. But I have to do it.

I was in my own thoughts but snapped out as I heard the continuous clicking sound of the camera near me. I turned around and saw him. Am I dreaming?

"Hey, weren’t you sleeping with me on the flight?" he said, grinning.

"You were sitting next to me," I replied. "Oh God! Are you following me?"

“No, I am not."

"So what are you doing here at the same time in the same place?"

"I am just enjoying the Navy Port Festival."

"Oh really."

"Excuse me, can you please take my picture? There is no one here to take my pictures," He said, handing me his camera.

"Sure," I replied. I took a few snaps.

"Here's your camera." I said giving it back.

Thanks," He replied. My heartbeat became faster as he touched my finger while taking the camera. I felt the spark in his touch. I was nervous and confused. I smiled and moved away quickly, before he could say anything.

***

I reached home with a giddy smile on my face. "What happened?" Durami asked me. "Did Oppa proposed you?"

"Ya shut up. I have not met him. And I will stop him before he proposes to me. We will be good friends forever."

I have not decided how I am going to tell Donghae.

***

In Park:

"Sandy, tell me what's the problem." Donghae said as we met in the park:

"What problem? I don't have any."

"I thought, as you planned our meeting in this quiet and clam place,"

"Donghae, do you remember how much time we have spent in this place? I’ve cried, laughed, and fought with you over here in this park. You were always with me to comfort me when I cried. You laughed along with me and had silly fights. Those childhood days are such lovely memories."

"But we have grown up now." Donghae added.

"Yes." I assured.

"Sandy I am getting tense. Don't keep beating around the bush; just tell me what's bothering you. I can sense something is wrong. Did Nam Joo Hyuk propose you, and you said yes? Damit, I knew it; he had warned me. "

"Hey, what are you saying? You never told me this before; forget it. It's not that. Don't worry, nobody will do that. Who knows you?"

"And you are not going to say yes to a commoner like us."

"God know, maybe I will like some commoner, I instantly replied with a silly smile as I r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter