Court martial 🧑‍⚖️

YOU ARE MY DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” — Winston Churchill 

 

Ji was deported back to the ship with his team. My family and I arrived at home. Everyone stayed silent the entire time. Mom was crying even though I was with her because she thought it would happen again. My dad was silent, but I could see the anguish, rage, and terror in his eyes.

***

"Dad, I am sorry. I ought to have been more cautious. You don't need to hold yourself accountable. You were in an extremely tough circumstance, and I realise that. Your motherland was on one side, and your daughter was on the other. Long ago, even before I was born, you swore to protect her. It's me who is at fault. Everyone's job is in a challenging condition because of me. While I destroyed their son's career before it even began, Kwons have always helped me shape my own."
"I am sorry, dad."

"You're not required to apologize. Despite my best efforts, I was unable to stop him. We made an effort to conceal the information regarding your kidnapping. However, he heard it. He planned the mission without anyone's permission, despite my attempts to stop him."

***

When we got home, Dad advised me to give Dr. Dami a call; she had been attempting to get in touch with me. No, I won't give her a call. I have wreck her brother's career, what will I tell her? Dad encouraged me, though, so I gave her a call. I told her what had happened and how Ji had come to my rescue. He will now, be punished for it. 

She told me, rather gladly, how proud she was of her brother. Nor should I hold myself responsible for wrecking his career. I told her that his court martial hearing is starting tomorrow. Perhaps the Navy headquarters will inform them of the news.

***

Even though I was exhausted, I was unable to sleep. Tomorrow morning, I will be going with Dad to Jihnae for Ji’s pre-trial for a court martial.

I don’t know anything about the law; I need some guidelines. I need to talk with Donghae; it's already 10.30 p.m. What should I tell him? I called Donghae; thank God he was not sleeping.

"Sandy, what happened?" You are calling me so late.”

"Donghae, I need some information from you.”

“What is it, Sandy?

“Donghae, can you explain to me the procedures and rules applicable for court martial?”

"Sandy, what happened? Tell me why you need the information. Is Uncle in any trouble?”

“Dad is doing well. I’m requesting for someone else. Donghae, please. I will tell you all the details later. First, you should explain me the procedures.”

“Sandy I can feel your anxiety. He is someone special. Isn't he? "

“Yes, Donghae He is special. He risks everything just to rescue me from th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter