Bond of love 💝

YOU ARE MY DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Missing someone is not about how long it has been since you have seen them or the amount of time since you have talked. It is about that very moment when you are doing something and wish they were there with you.

 

It's been three weeks since Jiyong returned to the Naval Academy. The days turned into nights, and the nights turned into days. Life picked up its pace as usual, but his absence was killing me. I immersed myself in my studies, which seemed like the only available way. I willingly opted for overtime.

I don’t know why I woke up so early in the morning. The time was 3.15 a.m. I came out of my room and stared at the sky. The sky is dark, with some sparks like stars on it. The world is so silent. I want to break the silence and shout so loudly to say to him, I miss you. I sat on the doorstep, seeing the sky change into blue. It’s almost 5.10 am, I guess. I changed my clothes and decided to go jogging. I was tempted to make a phone call to Jinhae Navy Base when I saw a pay phone booth. I ended the call when I was unable to answer the question asked on the other end.

***

OT is not so busy today. I opened my diary. 18 August is encircled in heart. I started tracing it again. After two days, it was Ji's birthday. I was a little emotional, but I was fine. When he left, all my smiles turned into tears. It is very painful to be alone without him. Dr. Dami always made some reason to call me at their home so that I was not alone. She dragged me to her wedding shopping,  got me involved in changing the interior of Kwon’s mansion. Dr. Dami and Ji usually fight when they are together, but in his absence, she was taking good care of me. She misses him a lot. I could feel her love for her brother, just like I have for Durami and Thunder. Even though we fight like cats and dogs, we love each other. The guest room in Kwon Mansion now belongs to me, as I am always there. Dr. Dami suggested that I could use Ji's room, but I refused. What will I tell their parents why I am in his room?

***

In the evening, I went to buy a gift for Ji. I will give it to him when he comes back. I was looking for a watch in the showroom when someone shouted his name. I felt so shocked that he came. I turned back and saw a small kid running, and his father was trying to catch him. I smiled a bit. Of course, I felt disappointed.

***

Tomorrow is Ji’s birthday. I so much wanted to be with him, but it's not possible. I can't even call him to wish him. I was very sad when Dr. Dami came to me and told me to join her at her parents house for Ji's birthday celebration. “He is not at home, but we will celebrate his birthday. Mom and Dad misses him. And he will surely call at night. So you can wish him if you stay at our place.” That brightened up my day.

I tag along with Dr. Dami; on the way, she decided to take a cake, but I told her that I would bake one. She was happy. Once I reached home, Dr. Dami told her parents that she called me at their house as I was helping her bake cake for the birthday celebration. They seem happy and appreciate my help. I couldn't tell them that I was doing this because I loved their son. Sometimes I am surprised about myself, how much I have changed since I met Ji.

By the time Dr. Dami decorated the hall, I had baked a heart-shaped chocolate cake. I kept it aside for cooling so that the icing wouldn't melt. Later, Dr. Han and Dr. Dami helped me decorate the cake with cheeries and chocolate chips.

Everything was ready—the cake, snacks, drinks, and family members—but there was no call from Ji. Dr. Kwon called the naval basement and was informed that the cadets were on the ship. Dr. Kwon told everyone to enjoy the party.

At around 12.45am, there was a call. Dr. Kwon pic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter