The Bench

Love & SEOUL

As soon as Hyunseung saw Hyuna walking aimlessly on the street, he knew that something was wrong. Her steps were unsteady, and she looked like she was in a daze. Without hesitation, he walked up to her and gently took her arm, offering his support.

Hyuna leaned into him, feeling the weight of her emotions bearing down on her. She was grateful for Hyunseung's steadying presence as he led her to the bench. Once they were seated, Hyuna could no longer hold back her tears, and she began to sob uncontrollably.

Hyunseung listened intently, his heart breaking for Hyuna as she poured out her fears and insecurities. He could see the pain etched on her face, and he wished that he could make it all go away. He placed a comforting hand on her back.

Hyuna looked up at him, her eyes red and puffy, and replied, "I had a panic attack. I'm just scared I'm going to lose Dawn."

"What do you mean?" Hyunseung asked, concerned.

"I don't know, I just have this feeling that something bad is going to happen," Hyuna explained, her voice trembling.

Hyunseung listened intently as Hyuna poured out her fears and insecurities, his heart breaking for her. "I'm so sorry, Hyuna," he said softly, placing a comforting hand on her back. "I wish I could make it all go away."

Looking up at him, her eyes red and puffy from crying, Hyuna whispered, "I know. But just being here with you helps."

Hyunseung felt his heart skip a beat at her words, his own emotions in turmoil. "Hyuna," he had said tentatively, "I know we've had our ups and downs, but I just want you to know that I'm always here for you. You don't have to go through this alone."

Hyuna looked at him, searching his face for a moment before nodding slowly. "Thank you, Hyunseung. I appreciate that."

Hyunseung took a deep breath to calm himself and said, "Let's get you home first. We'll figure out the rest later." He helped Hyuna up and propped her on his back. As Hyunseung walked with Hyuna on piggyback, her phone rang. It was Dawn calling, and Hyuna managed to press the buttons with trembling hands.

She took a deep breath, trying to steady herself before speaking. "Dawn, I just had a panic attack," she said, her voice shaking.

Dawn's concern was palpable through the phone. "What happened? Are you okay?" he asked.

Hyuna hesitated for a moment, unsure of how much to reveal, but she couldn't keep everything bottled up inside. "I'm just feeling really anxious about everything," she finally admitted.

Dawn's voice was hesitant. "Are you sure? I don't want you to be alone if you're not feeling well."

Before Hyuna could say anything, they arrived next to Hyunseung's car. Hyunseung propped her down and gently took the phone from her hand. "Hey, Dawn," he said calmly. "Hyuna's not feeling well, and I'm taking her home."

"Who is this?"

There was a brief pause on the other end of the line, and then Dawn's voice was filled with protest. "What do you mean you're taking her home? Why can't I come get her?"

Hyunseung's voice was firm. "I think it's best if she rests, Dawn. You can see her tomorrow, okay?"

As she hung up the phone, Hyuna's mind raced with thoughts of what to do next. Should she be honest with Dawn and risk losing him? Or should she continue to suppress her feelings and try to ignore what she truly feels.

Lost in her own thoughts, Hyuna didn't notice Hyunseung's approach until he stood right in front of her. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

Hyuna looked up at him, her eyes reflecting the turmoil inside. "I don't know," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "I feel so lost."

Hyunseung nodded understandingly, his own emotions a jumbled mess. "I know how you feel," he said softly. "I sometimes feel loss too."

Hyuna looked at Hyunseung and her heart pounded in her chest. Could it really be possible that he understood her better than anyone else? As they stood there together, lost in their own thoughts and emotions, Hyuna could feel herself being pulled towards Hyunseung, drawn in by the magnetism that she had always felt whenever he was around.

Hyunseung drove Hyuna to her apartment in silence. As they arrived outside her apartment, Hyuna turned to Hyunseung. She took a deep breath and apologized. "I'm sorry," she said softly. "I wish there was something more I could do."

Hyunseung gave her a small smile. "It's okay," he said. "I understand. These are difficult times, and we have to be careful."

Hyuna nodded in agreement, feeling a sense of gratitude towards him. She knew that he could have easily walked away from her, that he could have chosen to prioritize his own safety over her wellbeing. But instead, he had chosen to stay by her side, to offer her comfort and support.

"Thank you," she said, squeezing his hand. "For everything."

Hyunseung looked at her with a soft expression, his eyes full of understanding. "Of course," he said. "I will always be there, Hyuna"